Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dylan

Bulldog for legend [COMMUNITY VOTE]

Hes the man who has been around for an eternity, Hes the man who brought you Secret Santa hes been on staff for an estimate of two times totaling in about 4-5 years.

Bulldog has always been around to help and support sG, hes one of those guy that you just can't not like. 

This is where we as a community vote for this man to achieve the LEGEND STATUS he deserves.

BULLDOG FOR LEGEND

1/15

8 hours ago, Bluestreakid15 said:

Sweetrock can't count

I mean what really is counting? An abstract process that we, as a race, created millenias ago to aid and normalize daily life? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… and it just goes on. And on. AND ON. The thought process is behind that is just wild. Imagine being the first person to rationalize the idea of counting. What did they call it? Not one, or two, or three like we did? Probably something like, ร๔, ﻮŦร, ﻮร. We know the system we use now isn’t anything like that, and that it is based in on an ancient Arabic system. Did those back then assume that they would be altering the course of history when they formalized their concept of counting? To us it is easy to look a pile of things and say, “Hey, that looks like X amount grams of weed. Neat.” Presumably someone else would from millania ago would also find easy—but how easy would it be for someone back then to rationalize the idea of negative objects.  Even now, how do we see that without seeing it on paper. If I have a stack of 9,289 rocks, and move 32 over to a new pile, it’s easy and simple to see that there are now only 9,257 rocks in the OG pile and now a new pile of 32. But if I was to come up and eat 384 of the rocks from the pile with 9,257 rocks, how do we explain where they went? The pile went from 9,257 to only 8,873, but yet there are no additional rocks in the pile of 32. Do we consider those which use to be members of the larger pile to now be negative?

6 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I mean what really is counting? An abstract process that we, as a race, created millenias ago to aid and normalize daily life? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… and it just goes on. And on. AND ON. The thought process is behind that is just wild. Imagine being the first person to rationalize the idea of counting. What did they call it? Not one, or two, or three like we did? Probably something like, ร๔, ﻮŦร, ﻮร. We know the system we use now isn’t anything like that, and that it is based in on an ancient Arabic system. Did those back then assume that they would be altering the course of history when they formalized their concept of counting? To us it is easy to look a pile of things and say, “Hey, that looks like X amount grams of weed. Neat.” Presumably someone else would from millania ago would also find easy—but how easy would it be for someone back then to rationalize the idea of negative objects.  Even now, how do we see that without seeing it on paper. If I have a stack of 9,289 rocks, and move 32 over to a new pile, it’s easy and simple to see that there are now only 9,257 rocks in the OG pile and now a new pile of 32. But if I was to come up and eat 384 of the rocks from the pile with 9,257 rocks, how do we explain where they went? The pile went from 9,257 to only 8,873, but yet there are no additional rocks in the pile of 32. Do we consider those which use to be members of the larger pile to now be negative?

You forgot your intro: "Hey, VSauce, Michael here."