Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avery

6th Annual JoinSG Fantasy Football League

JoinSG Fantasy Football  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Have you played fantasy football before? (In the sG league or not)

2. 2. Are you open to a meeting in the next week or so to discuss league rules and draft information?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/18/19 at 12:00 AM

Greetings Fans of Football,

Preseason football begins this Thursday with the Hall of Fame game, which means it's time to start thinking about Fantasy again.

I've added a Poll below to get to know people interested and if people are interested in meeting soon to discuss website, league rules, and draft date and other info this year.

@ZachPL has pushed $25 of his steam game winnings I donated from last year to this year, I will still uphold this commitment and it will be on the prize list. If anyone else is interested in donating, let us know.

https://forms.gle/JsJ4UQRk1NsaRK2b7  SURVEY FOR SUGGESTED CHANGES

Prizes:

25$ Steam game/keys - Avery from ZachPL

@ZachPL @Jeff The Flying Shark @chaos4499 @waffles @Tubbles @Ironic @Ivanns @Dakota @Chaulklet.Shake(Elmo) @Sportsteen583 Tried tagging most of the people from last year, we want to keep the league to 10-12 people.

What perfect timing. I haven't logged in here in a few months! There wasn't a maybe option so I put no but maybe next week I might attend depending on time

1 hour ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

As for a meeting/discussion where would be best

Probably just hop on the sG discord next weekend, sunday night or something when most people are home.

EDIT: And that's if others want to. If for whatever reason people vote against it, we will sit on the forums hashing it out over time before the draft.

Holy shit, I was just thinking that I should check the forums for a 2019 FF thread and BOOM!

Let’s do this!

Any chance we could end the season a week sooner and maybe do a PPR league?

51 minutes ago, chaos4499 said:

Holy shit, I was just thinking that I should check the forums for a 2019 FF thread and BOOM!

Let’s do this!

Any chance we could end the season a week sooner and maybe do a PPR league?

PPR is the new standard on NFL.com, we will discuss changes at the meeting if it happens and on the forums. Last year we did the championship on Week 16 which is pretty standard. very few teams will be sitting players week 16.

I would prefer standard league with flex w/r and if possible switching to a different platform like yahoo

10 hours ago, Chaulklet.Shake(Elmo) said:

I would prefer standard league with flex w/r and if possible switching to a different platform like yahoo

I've never used Yahoo, my favorite has always been ESPN. 

I also prefer a standard league, never been a fan of PPR. 

Great timing Avery! Im open to meet on Sunday to discuss rules changes. I prefer doing the standard stuff we did similar to last year but if changes are needed im up for it. Out of the people you tagged everyone was active last year so Im happy about that. I don't have to tell you but please don't let in randoms who will AFK starting week 3 when they lose couple of weeks.

I'm back on my yearly post.

50 minutes ago, chaos4499 said:

Do we have a list of the people who went AFK last year?

afaik the only one we had go afk was Fanservice/Retuzy for the first few weeks...ended up 0-13 rip

21 hours ago, Sportsteen583 said:

afaik the only one we had go afk was Fanservice/Retuzy for the first few weeks...ended up 0-13 rip

Won all my post season games though lul

On 7/30/2019 at 6:01 PM, Sportsteen583 said:

GIVE EM THE CLAMPS clamperino

On 7/31/2019 at 2:06 PM, Retuzy said:

Won all my post season games though lul

You mean the end of the season pre-season? 

for real though I'm gonna be out of town/away from my computer next weekend so that's a bad time for me. I'm available most week nights after 8:15-8:30 pm central time or before 10 am central time most mornings. I think people just need to say when they're available then we can narrow down which date/time works best.

5 hours ago, Tubbles said:

You mean the end of the season pre-season? 

for real though I'm gonna be out of town/away from my computer next weekend so that's a bad time for me. I'm available most week nights after 8:15-8:30 pm central time or before 10 am central time most mornings. I think people just need to say when they're available then we can narrow down which date/time works best.

I would ideally like to talk tomorrow with people if that works, or we can schedule next weekend or a weeknight that isn't wednesday.  Should really only take 30 minutes or so to go over all the details. 

2 hours ago, Avery said:

I would ideally like to talk tomorrow with people if that works, or we can schedule next weekend or a weeknight that isn't wednesday.  Should really only take 30 minutes or so to go over all the details. 

Tomorrow should be fine with me. I'll be hanging out with one of my friends in town, but just message me on discord or something and I can hop on real quick on my phone 

I wont be on tomorrow, but NFL.com completely redid the site + app it it looks so much better, part of the reason why I was leaning towards yahoo previously.

We will shoot for 8pm tonight for those interested, to discuss the league this year.

Hopping on discord now with Tubbles

So far we still have plenty of time. Whatever is discussed just go ahead and keep it updated here. I only really see adding one player since last year there was only 1 who did not play so that person won't be participating anymore

Yeah, This will be just to get the ideas going, I will update this post after talking with whoever all joins and we can see where it goes.

Added a survey to main post for suggested changes, had about 6 of us in there discussing these changes.

Just saw this. Yeah I'll be down. I haven't followed any fantasy stuff though because nobody had mentioned it for a bit. Gotta go into research mode now