Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MistaChang

Satellite Internet

Hello gamers, I am doing something in life so far that will need a satellite internet connection. I am in Canada as many of you know. I will be on the road a lot and don't want to discontinue my presence on the internet, and to avoid that concern I don't want to alleviate the issue by using McDonald's wifi. What are some of the best Satellite Internet providers? I have googled a few providers and many of them seem to be absolute shit. I will be extremely grateful for any tips or advice on a company to use. Price range isn't really an issue unless it's exceeding $120 a month.

Satellite Internet in general sucks. It usually ain't fast, and you're limited on data.

I'm not sure who Canada all uses and if it's somewhat the same as in the US, but I hear Hughes net and Dish Network are the best two. 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:36 PM, Ironic said:

Satellite Internet in general sucks. It usually ain't fast, and you're limited on data.

I'm not sure who Canada all uses and if it's somewhat the same as in the US, but I hear Hughes net and Dish Network are the best two. 

Yeah I did some digging around and it's quite costly. Need to get a box which is like $1,000 and then the internet package is like double the cost with 100 gb. Wasn't the worst for dl speeds but wasn't great; 10 mbs. 

On 6/14/2019 at 12:36 AM, xmen said:

Can't you just use a mobile internet with 4G or 5G connection?

The data caps suck with mobile coverage and they drop out from time to time. Shouldn't need this anymore at the moment though.

They are going to suck. In a couple of years maybe SpaceX's StarLink will be available and surprisingly might be gameable on.  Doesn't help you now though :(