Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

PC Build/Pre-built deals?

Hey guys!

Finally, after so many years of being with this community and having a terrible computer, laptop, (and now) gaming laptop, and really terrible internet, I finally moved out of my parents house and got my own place! Which means, I have good internet and I'm ready to actually have a good PC!

I know a lot of you love to do this sort of thing, so I'll let anyone who's willing to pick out parts and tell me your opinion on things.

What I'm looking for is around $1,500-2,000 build (no more than 2 grand though, and cheaper the better). I will be using this obviously mostly for gaming, and possibly some streaming/recording. If anyone knows of any already pre-built PC deals out there let me know too. 

As far as the monitors, I'm not real picky. I'm going to want two, preferably 4k. Then the mouse I'm not picky on, and the keyboard I definitely want a click one (I love the noise idk why lol).

Let me know what ya'll think and feel free to make some builds if any of ya'll want and give me your opinion on things. Thanks guys!

I know a lot of you love to do this sort of thing, so I'll let anyone who's willing to pick out parts and tell me your opinion on things.

aka you are lazy

Wait until E3 at the end of the first week in June. I guarantee a new console generation will be announced, and that is kind of important because it might shake up the pc building scene if the new gen uses some 16 core/32 thread bullshit architecture that finally phases out the beloved i5 2500k 4core/4thread OC'd to 4.4 on a $30 air cooler.

Check your Craigslist for people selling used machines, literally have them run benchmarks in-person and make sure you have at least a 1070 if you plan on running anything at 4k

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

aka you are lazy

Or I don't know exactly what I'm doing. I know a little bit, but I ain't even close to a lot of other people here, so I don't know which graphic cards are better than others and etc.

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Wait until E3 at the end of the first week in June. I guarantee a new console generation will be announced, and that is kind of important because it might shake up the pc building scene if the new gen uses some 16 core/32 thread bullshit architecture that finally phases out the beloved i5 2500k 4core/4thread OC'd to 4.4 on a $30 air cooler.

Yeah, but the new consoles will still probably take a while to come out, and then I plan to buy them anyway.

Honestly, just go to pcpartpicker and click one of their build guides for the budget you want. If you don’t know specifics of what you’re looking for, it’s probably a waste of time to go any further than that unless you have brand preferences.

Nzxt’s website has a prebuilt thing where you choose your price range, built type (intel or amd) and what 3 main games you plan on playing. They make a prebuilt to fit your options and gives you an estimate FPS you are gonna get with the build.

7 hours ago, spiderpigrider said:

Nzxt’s website has a prebuilt thing where you choose your price range, built type (intel or amd) and what 3 main games you plan on playing. They make a prebuilt to fit your options and gives you an estimate FPS you are gonna get with the build.

That website is actually awesome! I might actually use them when I buy my PC.