Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bluestreakid15

Jailbreak Revival

Hello! 

I'm sure by the title of this, you're thinking one of two things. 

"Aw shit, here we go again"

or

"Jailbreak? What's Jailbreak?"

I have a proposition for all of you!

Recently, I posted a rather long message in sG's Server-Officer+ chat on discord, asking the masses to obtain some ideas and/or concerns that they had about Jailbreak and about how we could possibly "Bring it back from the dead.". I received some very good ideas and some very good concerns. Now that some of the brainstorming has passed, I will ask you, the populous of Syndicate Gamers, the same question.

I'm going to copy and paste the same message, so if some of you have seen this before, don't hate me! 

I know that I am quite the memer sometimes. However, for those of you who have known me since the time I joined this community, you should know that I've always been very interested and invested in our JB server. I would like to start taking steps to reviving the server and making it fun and involving for every party involved. I would like to ask you all for your help, if you would be so willing. It will take some effort, but for how long I've spent on this server in the past and for how much fun I've had in the past, I believe it would be worth it. I would like to hear all of your comments, ideas, and anything that you think could possibly make our server more fun so we can move towards something that we can all enjoy. Please converse in this channel, or perhaps send me a private message. All I ask is that if your only input is "iTs dEaD, iT WiLL nEVeR bE rEvIVeD", please keep that to yourself. I would like real ideas and real comments / concerns. No idea is to large or to small. If there's something you would like to see added, or perhaps removed, please bring it up so that we can work on it. I truly do have faith that we could bring this server, and any of our CSGO servers back from the "dead". All they need is a little TLC and some good marketing. Please elaborate, we need all of the help we can get. From you. I will appreciate every form of input, whether it is positive or negative.

Thank you all for reading my copy pasta. This server and this community has always meant a lot to me. I'd really hate to see it die. Lets do what we can.

LETS GET IT

I have multiple notepads at my disposal. Any idea that gets tossed up will be put in these notepads and will be seriously considered as we take the steps towards making THE DREAM a reality.

Less Models so New Players want to join or maybe even make the models cheaper so people don't have to grind it just for one. 

We now need a new ADV

Enforcing the rules very strictly on new players only causes them to leave

Map pool maybe needs some refining

Consistent pop=Consistent player base=more people that will hang around.

Maybe like credit prizes for like JB nights possible money prizes monthly on big pop nights. 

I agree with Booch.

Remove maps that kill the pop for now.

Maybe if the ENGs have time, they can add a plug in that require new players to play a certain amount of time for CT

Revision of the Rules (Killwhoring and etc)

If I join a new server and have to spend more than 10+ seconds downloading a bunch of extra player models, I immediately disconnect.

Maybe it's just me tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Format your post so it doesnt give me a migraine

Also,

One of my biggest concerns from what I saw recently and in the past is that SG's JB server seems to invite a lot of toxic players (I mean JB does that in general but still), ones who aren't afraid to break the rules so long as there isn't a staff member on. Perhaps promoting the server with better security and staff who are on (even just to pop in every few hours) will help to create a better audience of players. I often find it's the extremely toxic players that push out the ones who want to stay and have a good time. Now I'm not saying staff need to be on it 24/7, but there needs to be a strong commitment to upholding the rules on there.

10 hours ago, HurFFiNatEr010 said:

Give me my SO back smh

I approve this message.

I think revising rules toward a more new player friendly kinda of way, our jailbreak rules are original and that's good but it tends to cause a lot of confusion for newer players which nowadays leads them to leave more often then now. I know some things have changed the past few months and i believe those were good changes in the right direction but we need more. Id have to look more specific details later but its just food for thought.

I remember when I played Jailbreak for hours when I was still new around here! Those were the good old days.

To be honest, Jailbreak was literally the only reason why I played CS:GO. I suck at every other mode that's in Counter-Strike. I suck at Jailbreak even more so then casual matches.

Anyways, I will be filled with joy if we manage to revive the server again! I miss playing jailbreak and destroying my life because of it...

On 7/9/2019 at 11:29 AM, Zachmanman said:

we're all too old

no longer do we have the people who would sit and play for 6 hours at a time

thats what populated the server, heavy users

You're the fucking heaviest of them all.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:31 AM, Ivanns said:

Its because I stopped playing FeelsGoodMan

indeed it is. Miss you and the old crew

7 hours ago, Clarkus said:

we should do an OG anniversary 

I second that motion. Although i may not be part of your "OG" good times, i miss em.

Are there any good places to advertise the server?

I mean I think if people looked at the server on reddit or something and there were some people on there would be a lot of new players joining. Even though everyone grew up that's when we need to find new squeakers to join. 

On 9/16/2019 at 8:40 PM, Clarkus said:

we should do an OG anniversary 

I'm down.

Bump, new years JB and Brofest event anyone? Maybe the 28th since most people probably wouldn't be available the 31st. If so, we're gonna need everyone from the community to share it through other means than just the forums on such a short notice.