Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KiD Fearless

Minigames Mapping Contest

INTRODUCTION

Syndicate Gamers has teamed up with gamebanana and 6 other communities to host a minigame mapping contest. The goal of this contest is to bring new and creative maps to the minigames community. The contest starts immediately and runs until Jul 7th, 2019 11:55 pm UTC.

PRIZES

1st place:  $250

2nd place:  $100

3rd place:  $50

JUDGING CRITERIA

• Multigame maps will be rated higher than minigame maps
  • Unique, interesting and varied activities for the players to play on.
  • Multigame style maps will be favored, however other single game mode style maps are still allowed and could still score well if the concept and execution are good. Course maps won't be considered and shouldn't be entered.
  • Visuals will be an important factor. Maps should look good and be well executed throughout the map.
  • Optimization will also be considered. Maps shouldn't cause large frame drops or lag.

RULES

1. Every submission must be a playable Minigame level for CS:GO!
  2. Course style maps are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be submitted onto the site (GameBanana.com) and tagged as a contest entry before the deadline.
  4. Entries must include the banner shown in the description somewhere in the map where it is clearly visible to everybody. If you really don't want to use the banner, you can implement all the logos/text that are on the banner in another way. Just make sure the logos are still clearly visible.
  5. If the entry is uploaded to an external site, it must state that it was created for the CSGO Minigame Mapping Contest.
  6. Submitted content must be considered "Original", entries should not be rethemes, version 2's or copies of other minigame maps.
  7. The submission can use pre-existing assets such as existing models and textures, but enough work should be done to consider the submission a 'new release' made for this competition. Simply re-uploading a previous piece of work will not count.
  8. Multiple entries are allowed, however, quality is better than quantity.
  9. Each entrant may only win a maximum of one (1) prize.
  10. Team-based entries are allowed, but the entrants will have to decide and agree on how to split any prizes awarded.
  11. Entries cannot be modified after the deadline except for changes to the submission profile (changing the description, notes or screenshots).
  12. Judges cannot enter or assist entrants.

To qualify, the submissions must be uploaded to gamebanana and tagged as a contest entry before the DEADLINE! For more information and to sign up for the contest visit contest post here: https://gamebanana.com/contests/97

Banner needed in your map to be valid:

minigamescontest.png

Judges will be gathered from all the sponsoring servers and the scores will then be combined and ordered by GameBanana to decide the winners.

So we don't know who will be judging from other communities yet, and we will pick someone to judge other communities maps.

6 minutes ago, KiD Fearless said:

So we don't know who will be judging from other communities yet, and we will pick someone to judge other communities maps.

would i be able to be a judge, or have a chance of being one?

3 minutes ago, dash said:

would i be able to be a judge, or have a chance of being one?

There's nothing prohibiting you from being a judge as far as I'm aware. I think we had travesty or the jb advisor do it last time, so I'll bring it up and see what they say.

2 minutes ago, Lv. 100 Crobat said:

@KiD Fearlessam I allowed to use elements from my ZE maps to turn them into minigames?

I don't have an answer for this, so I'll ask and get back to you on it.

Forgot to add emphasis on this.

MULTI-GAME MAPS WILL BE HEAVILY PREFERRED.

While minigame maps are accepted, you will end up scoring lower overall than a multigame map, plan around this.

26 minutes ago, Lv. 100 Crobat said:

@KiD Fearlessam I allowed to use elements from my ZE maps to turn them into minigames?

While not an official response from mini, it looks like it will be allowed. Though you might end up being docked points on originality.