Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Destin

Hey what up, it's me ya boi. Destin's Recruit Application [PENDING][APPROVED]

are you guys seriously at 23/30 for a dude who exploited the trust in his friends, fellow-staffers, and this clan as a whole (and poor security policy) to break into our systems and STEAL admin access while others have to pay? Not just once, ill remind you. 

He also access personal details of members without their consent numerous times and then bragged about it. This is NOT a person who should EVER be a member of sG. If our JCS weren't so completely fucking stupid he'd still be "permanently" banned for these actions. 

24/30

3 hours ago, driz said:

are you guys seriously at 23/30 for a dude who exploited the trust in his friends, fellow-staffers, and this clan as a whole (and poor security policy) to break into our systems and STEAL admin access while others have to pay? Not just once, ill remind you. 

He also access personal details of members without their consent numerous times and then bragged about it. This is NOT a person who should EVER be a member of sG. If our JCS weren't so completely fucking stupid he'd still be "permanently" banned for these actions. 

Bet you wish you could vote no huh ;)

Can't believe you guys are about to let someone who should be permanently banned back into the clan, @Travestythis is what I was talking about when we were discussing recruitment, literally look at this thread, there is no way for anyone to stop someone who shouldn't be in the community from getting in. This system is just as much of a circle jerk as the other system IMO, it's just friends referring friends so they get into the clan.

For all you idiots just referring this piece of shit just know you're literally allowing someone back into the clan  who not only stole admin, but stole Travs sourceban account and used it to PERMA ban people multiple times. NOT only did he do this sourcebans shit, BUT he also used previous staff access that he had to go into the staff application email MULTIPLE times and leaked info and was WARNED multiple times about it.

Yeah JCS should have changed the passwords and shit, whatever, but that doesn't excuse it. I stepped down from staff a while ago and I'm pretty sure I still have tons of access that I've never once ever thought about using or abusing, hell I'd bet I still have paypal access.

20 hours ago, Eddy said:

Can't believe you guys are about to let someone who should be permanently banned back into the clan, @Travestythis is what I was talking about when we were discussing recruitment, literally look at this thread, there is no way for anyone to stop someone who shouldn't be in the community from getting in. This system is just as much of a circle jerk as the other system IMO, it's just friends referring friends so they get into the clan.

For all you idiots just referring this piece of shit just know you're literally allowing someone back into the clan  who not only stole admin, but stole Travs sourceban account and used it to PERMA ban people multiple times. NOT only did he do this sourcebans shit, BUT he also used previous staff access that he had to go into the staff application email MULTIPLE times and leaked info and was WARNED multiple times about it.

Yeah JCS should have changed the passwords and shit, whatever, but that doesn't excuse it. I stepped down from staff a while ago and I'm pretty sure I still have tons of access that I've never once ever thought about using or abusing, hell I'd bet I still have paypal access.

The thing is JCS unbanned him, he waited out his months to reapply and meets the requirements as a recruit.

I'm okay with him being unbanned but that doesn't mean I'm ready to refer him. If JCS are okay with unbanning him (without any Application stipulation), then he has the right to redemption. And if people are ready to have him back in the clan, then there really isn't a problem here.

I think your issue lies with JCS unbanning him

Edit: As well with JCS not being clear about what he did because some people didn't even know any of this information, I'm sure.

21 hours ago, Eddy said:

2 hours ago, Travesty said:

The thing is JCS unbanned him, he waited out his months to reapply and meets the requirements as a recruit.

I'm okay with him being unbanned but that doesn't mean I'm ready to refer him. If JCS are okay with unbanning him (without any Application stipulation), then he has the right to redemption. And if people are ready to have him back in the clan, then there really isn't a problem here.

I think your issue lies with JCS unbanning him

Edit: As well with JCS not being clear about what he did because some people didn't even know any of this information, I'm sure.

I completely agree. 

sG is unfortunately also not in the same place it once was. Here we have an individual who has "served" his time and we decided to give him another chance. I'd also like to mention that when Destin was back here before his ban, I considered him a friend, and when he was banned, I felt betrayed, yet I'm still willing to see that he's realized his mistake and clearly loves this place and the people in it... does that really make us idiots?

Perhaps this is a circle jerk, but because this is sG, there will always be a circle jerk regardless of which recruitment system we move forward with. The anonymous system was perhaps our best and most polished system, but because the community can't see how people are voting, and how many, it simply was not as popular, which is why we had decided to move back to a simpler system, which relied on the recruit to gather a vouch/referral from their friends and community members are capable of providing thoughtful feedback, if they care enough to, which is actually exactly what is going on here.

Destin is already on thin ice as it is. He's a decent kid who made a mistake. We've all made mistakes dumb mistakes. Hell, I was permabanned from sG for 2 years because of shit I did back then, and now I'm in a staff position, twice over.

Also, I'd like to point out while the details of Destin's ban weren't really brought to light... the community was informed as to why he was banned in a broad sense when his previous application was denied.

13 minutes ago, Sean said:

I completely agree. 

sG is unfortunately also not in the same place it once was. Here we have an individual who has "served" his time and we decided to give him another chance. I'd also like to mention that when Destin was back here before his ban, I considered him a friend, and when he was banned, I felt betrayed, yet I'm still willing to see that he's realized his mistake and clearly loves this place and the people in it... does that really make us idiots?

Perhaps this is a circle jerk, but because this is sG, there will always be a circle jerk regardless of which recruitment system we move forward with. The anonymous system was perhaps our best and most polished system, but because the community can't see how people are voting, and how many, it simply was not as popular, which is why we had decided to move back to a simpler system, which relied on the recruit to gather a vouch/referral from their friends and community members are capable of providing thoughtful feedback, if they care enough to, which is actually exactly what is going on here.

Destin is already on thin ice as it is. He's a decent kid who made a mistake. We've all made mistakes dumb mistakes. Hell, I was permabanned from sG for 2 years because of shit I did back then, and now I'm in a staff position, twice over.

Also, I'd like to point out while the details of Destin's ban weren't really brought to light... the community was informed as to why he was banned in a broad sense when his previous application was denied.

My issue isn't with JCS, when I was still staff I brought back staff votes for unbans that way it was more than just a few people deciding things that affected the clan and instead it was all of staff deciding things and voicing opinions to create a better and more fair process.

Are you telling me a staff vote wasn't held on destins unban and it was just decided by JCS?

2 minutes ago, Eddy said:

My issue isn't with JCS, when I was still staff I brought back staff votes for unbans that way it was more than just a few people deciding things that affected the clan and instead it was all of staff deciding things and voicing opinions to create a better and more fair process.

Are you telling me a staff vote wasn't held on destins unban and it was just decided by JCS?

That's for Staff to know and for Staff to eventually leak.

Well, already got my answer from a staff member.

Looks like shit has gone down hill then when JCS are just skipping a process that was put into place for a reason, kind of weird how a staff vote was just completely skipped, especially considering how close 1 of the 3 JCS are EXTREMELY close friends with destin and talk to him all the time.

I guess there isn't any reason for me to give a fuck anymore, $5 destin holds some sort of staff position by 2020 boys.

@Mimic @bulletford @Moose

I expected better from you guys, Destins unban SHOULD have been put to a staff vote and the fact that it wasn't is complete bullshit and abuse of your power, it's not too late to make it right.

Put this application on hold and hold an ACTUAL staff vote for Destins unban, CLEARLY explain what he did to get banned and lay out all of the details and let staff decide whether or not he should be allowed back into the clan. This is the process we put into place for a reason, abide by the rules and process that was put into place while I was JCS.

22 hours ago, Eddy said:

19 minutes ago, Eddy said:

Well, already got my answer from a staff member.

Looks like shit has gone down hill then when JCS are just skipping a process that was put into place for a reason, kind of weird how a staff vote was just completely skipped, especially considering how close 1 of the 3 JCS are EXTREMELY close friends with destin and talk to him all the time.

I guess there isn't any reason for me to give a fuck anymore, $5 destin holds some sort of staff position by 2020 boys.

@Mimic @bulletford @Moose

I expected better from you guys, Destins unban SHOULD have been put to a staff vote and the fact that it wasn't is complete bullshit and abuse of your power, it's not too late to make it right.

Put this application on hold and hold an ACTUAL staff vote for Destins unban, CLEARLY explain what he did to get banned and lay out all of the details and let staff decide whether or not he should be allowed back into the clan. This is the process we put into place for a reason, abide by the rules and process that was put into place while I was JCS.

First of all, I don't want a recruitment thread to get derailed into a conversation about voting vs refs again, so let's keep it relevant to the applicant and what is going on here. Feel free to voice your concerns with the individual in an attempt to give others a side of the story they may not know. That is fine, as long as it is civil.

This won't be put on hold, as there was a JCS decision unban him. The reason it wasn't an entire staff vote was because it was a JCS decision to ban him in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Moose said:

First of all, I don't want a recruitment thread to get derailed into a conversation about voting vs refs again, so let's keep it relevant to the applicant and what is going on here. Feel free to voice your concerns with the individual in an attempt to give others a side of the story they may not know. That is fine, as long as it is civil.

This won't be put on hold, as there was a JCS decision unban him. The reason it wasn't an entire staff vote was because it was a JCS decision to ban him in the first place. 

Does not matter who or why he was banned, THE rule for unbans is ALL unban requests are to go to a staff vote unless they fall under a category that is very clearly listed in the global rules as an option to make that person ineligible for an unban vote.

Just because you guys "chose" to ban someone who abused access and hacked a sourcebans account (also get fucking real, this doesn't make this ban any different or special) doesn't mean it shouldn't go to a vote like everyone elses unban requests, you're essentially saying "because JCS decided to ban someone for breaking the rules it isn't necessary for a vote) you banning him is literally just you guys doing your jobs, it's nothing special.

Correct Vote count 27/30

We no longer have no votes in recruitment only ranks applications, if anyone else chooses to vote “no” I will hand you an infraction.