Sign in to follow this  
Bonghit.Bulletsponge

What the hell happened?

With the release of Battle Royales and the constant non-support from valve community based servers, our servers have been taking a hit in Pop.

What caused War3 to fully dwindle down in population, I don't really know to be honest with you.

If you want to talk to everyone in the community, pop in sG's discord.

welcome back, for war3 im guessing it crashes a lot where it is some what unstable to keep a decent population or people got bored of it. These are my guesses

Just between new games and school I think most people stopped playing. I'm sure there'll be a small increase during summer.

It became a lot of the same old same old. Face doesn't have enough time to make the changes that people want to keep themselves interested.

@Face @Bear-Man-Thing

Maybe we can brainstorm some stuff to get the population boosted. Any incentives that might get new players to stay, and oldfags to become re-addicted. 

Something huge for a few months like double xp on Saturdays, half price shop items, etc.. And on those days. Someone could join random regular csgo servers and be a door to door salesman. I know it will make it too easy to level. But it's better than no players.

Edited by ESDaman

3 hours ago, ESDaman said:

@Face @Bear-Man-Thing

Maybe we can brainstorm some stuff to get the population boosted. Any incentives that might get new players to stay, and oldfags to become re-addicted. 

Something huge for a few months like double xp on Saturdays, half price shop items, etc.. And on those days. Someone could join random regular csgo servers and be a door to door salesman. I know it will make it too easy to level. But it's better than no players.

Bring back 16K bets

Remove cash transfer limits

Bring back books

New players get double exp when they first join for <X> time

Unnerf bulldog, bring back staff cash glory days

3 hours ago, ESDaman said:

@Face @Bear-Man-Thing

Why not just have double XP everyday? 

I really don't understand how no one seems to understand sales and incentives.  You want to bring people to the server during less pop days/hours so that it can continue onto the times that already have high pop.  Saturday is the highest pop'd day so by giving double xp on that day you are punishing players for playing during low pop by giving them less XP.  These players are already dealing with just a few people on the server and now you rubbing in their face that they get less XP?

If you continue on to benefit players who were already going to play on the weekend you will see less players during the week.  Less players during the week results in a more dead server causing less players to show up on the weekend.  So just like any food restaurant you need to put the good deals on days the restaurant (server) is doing the worst.

47 minutes ago, Revöker said:

Saturday is the highest pop'd day so by giving double xp on that day you are punishing players for playing during low pop by giving them less XP. 

I don't think this is true, especially since it's a free to play game server. The analogy holds for a restaurant (your example), because you're paying for a product and you are getting more for money via the deal. You could argue that time is the currency here, but I also don't think casual gamers treat their time as currency; in fact, we play games to burn it away.

but I agree with weekday events. I like racewhore wednesdays :)

3 hours ago, Face said:

I won’t be around at all for 3-4 more weeks but I’m open to ideas that don’t take days to implement.

Don't worry guys. @Face has got this in a month! Just sit back, relax, and let him do his magic.

19 hours ago, Revöker said:

Why not just have double XP everyday? 

I really don't understand how no one seems to understand sales and incentives.  You want to bring people to the server during less pop days/hours so that it can continue onto the times that already have high pop.  Saturday is the highest pop'd day so by giving double xp on that day you are punishing players for playing during low pop by giving them less XP.  These players are already dealing with just a few people on the server and now you rubbing in their face that they get less XP?

If you continue on to benefit players who were already going to play on the weekend you will see less players during the week.  Less players during the week results in a more dead server causing less players to show up on the weekend.  So just like any food restaurant you need to put the good deals on days the restaurant (server) is doing the worst.

I'm not going to consider weekends high pop days because the server gets 8 people for 2 hours in the evening. Go to the gameme graphs. I was more focused on getting people back into war3, not to only come for one day of extra xp. Weekend will effect more players overall than an inconvenient time. We're closer to a restaurant with the doors about to shut than one with a slow Wednesday night if we're using those kind of examples.

For me it was just CSGO in general. I've been playing the same game for years and it just became stale. Same with War3. I love the game to death but I feel that I've done all I want with it and there's not much else for me to do.