Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rayne

Recruitment

Recruitment Process  

57 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the sG community be able to vote yes or no on recruits?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/22/19 at 04:40 PM

15 hours ago, Dakota said:

Does RR need somebody with a brain and a pair of balls to realize when somebody gives a stupid reason to vote no? How is it impossible to moderate? Jesus christ. Give me RO. Anybody that votes no will be required to talk with me in VC so I can hear their reason. Christ. 

Edit: I'm about these reactions. Everytime I've heard the "its impossible to moderate" it comes off more as "nobody wants to put in the effort"

No, staff are just smart and realize this community has quite a few faggots who will abuse this system and constantly create headaches over voting.

A handful of the community will literally get together and decide to troll R&R like they always do and then when they get punished they come up with ways to be faggots in recruitment but not get in trouble, or they'll vote no on someone for the reason "religious and religion doesn't support LGBT rights, so I'm voting no" and then when those votes are removed those people will create a huge shit storm and go around telling everyone that staff are a bunch of "SJW cucks" and other shit

AND if you just read what I put down for a reason to vote no on and someone and think "that's totally a valid reason to not allow someone into the clan" then you've proven my point even further, making a voting system based around "must put a valid reason" is so dumb. The system is based entirely on human beings subjective opinions on what's valid and invalid.

I ask again how does the community and staff come together and decide who makes up a list of "valid" reasons, who decides what's an "invalid" reason and when staff disagree on this (which they will) who ultimately gets the final say? Trav? JCS?

The system you describe sounds great in theory and you think it would be easy to moderate and the only reason staff wont accept it is because "they're lazy" but in practice this system is just as shit as the current system if not worse.

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Wait this argument is still going on, I have an idea how about we strip the voting and if they can suck a staff's dick well enough they get in /s. It's just not changing you guys aren't even the player base on our servers let alone the fact half the new people don't participate on forums or discord so why moan and groan about people you never see, the legit get to wear tags and get a green color if I'm not mistaken. 

We're not the player base so our opinions are invalidated.... Go back to doing nothing. Moron. 

5 hours ago, Eddy said:

who decides what's an "invalid" reason and when staff disagree on this (which they will) who ultimately gets the final say? 

Well...me of course. LUL

5 hours ago, Eddy said:

No, staff are just smart and realize this community has quite a few faggots who will abuse this system and constantly create headaches over voting.

A handful of the community will literally get together and decide to troll R&R like they always do and then when they get punished they come up with ways to be faggots in recruitment but not get in trouble, or they'll vote no on someone for the reason "religious and religion doesn't support LGBT rights, so I'm voting no" and then when those votes are removed those people will create a huge shit storm and go around telling everyone that staff are a bunch of "SJW cucks" and other shit

AND if you just read what I put down for a reason to vote no on and someone and think "that's totally a valid reason to not allow someone into the clan" then you've proven my point even further, making a voting system based around "must put a valid reason" is so dumb. The system is based entirely on human beings subjective opinions on what's valid and invalid.

I ask again how does the community and staff come together and decide who makes up a list of "valid" reasons, who decides what's an "invalid" reason and when staff disagree on this (which they will) who ultimately gets the final say? Trav? JCS?

The system you describe sounds great in theory and you think it would be easy to moderate and the only reason staff wont accept it is because "they're lazy" but in practice this system is just as shit as the current system if not worse.

dhMeAzK.gif?noredirect

A fucking men.

On 3/12/2019 at 12:33 AM, Rayne said:

Recruit a new @DogsGoMeow to police the forums like he used to, if needs be, somebody not afraid to hand out a ban should anyone thinks its funny to ruin other people's apps. 

Infraction of people is probably all I'm know for. Good times those were :)

On 3/22/2019 at 5:18 AM, Eddy said:

Always wanted to ask, and given how vocal you have been about recruitment, and everything along those lines:

Was R&R the main reason for your step down? If you don't want to get in detail on the reasoning, specially since I know you and Mimic didn't see eye to eye all the time, I'd understand.

I've always voiced my opinion, and after reading a few pages past my own two cents, I don't know if we'll ever get to a point where everyone would leave happy regarding recruitment.

Specially in a dying game genre, that's not even supported by the companies that make them (Community based servers), I think its best for us to just leave it as is, and continue chugging forward until we find the next bridge to cross.

I guess I can't see the middle term now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 4/1/2019 at 3:12 PM, Mark from Facebook said:

Always wanted to ask, and given how vocal you have been about recruitment, and everything along those lines:

Was R&R the main reason for your step down? If you don't want to get in detail on the reasoning, specially since I know you and Mimic didn't see eye to eye all the time, I'd understand.

I've always voiced my opinion, and after reading a few pages past my own two cents, I don't know if we'll ever get to a point where everyone would leave happy regarding recruitment.

Specially in a dying game genre, that's not even supported by the companies that make them (Community based servers), I think its best for us to just leave it as is, and continue chugging forward until we find the next bridge to cross.

I guess I can't see the middle term now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It had nothing to do with R&R, I stepped down for a few reasons, but the big one was just the people that were the most active in the community were people I didn't mesh with at all and couldn't stand to be around and I just came to the conclusion that if I can't stand the active people in the community then I probably shouldn't be around the community very much.

Mimic and I didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but that was a good thing, it made the staff team more productive and fair in the decisions we made.

Honestly there are quite a few games this community could branch out into if we truly wanted to, but it would take work from at least an engineer and some active staff that would promote the servers and stuff. CSGO doesn't have to be our only game, the community and staff just have to be willing to branch out. The community doesn't even need to only branch out into games that allow us to run dedicated servers for.

14 hours ago, Eddy said:

Honestly there are quite a few games this community could branch out into if we truly wanted to, but it would take work from at least an engineer and some active staff that would promote the servers and stuff. CSGO doesn't have to be our only game, the community and staff just have to be willing to branch out. The community doesn't even need to only branch out into games that allow us to run dedicated servers for.

I do miss you Eddy! Still hate you... But miss you none the less!

We're a runescape clan now boys! 

16 hours ago, Eddy said:

Honestly there are quite a few games this community could branch out into if we truly wanted to

What games are you thinking?

We've been ready for a branch out for a long time now.

3 hours ago, Travesty said:

What games are you thinking?

We've been ready for a branch out for a long time now.

The first game that comes to mind is a GTA5 RP server, super popular right now and I know quite a few people in sG have the game and some have even been playing on RP servers already.

2 hours ago, Eddy said:

The first game that comes to mind is a GTA5 RP server, super popular right now and I know quite a few people in sG have the game and some have even been playing on RP servers already.

I'm sorry but do you remember the last time we had an RP server? LUL 

That being said, I'd be willing to look into setup and pilot, couldn't hurt to try.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:51 PM, Eddy said:

I agree a lot with this statement. And I believe we've even talked about this with people before, not sure if it was on the podcast (RIP), or just overall on discord but a lot of our members don't play csgo as is and yet we're still around one another. I think sG can (for the most part) move to almost any game if we really try to do so.

I've thought about WOW, i've thought about moving it to Ark, or even games that may be comming out soon.

GTA RP is a really good idea, and I'd be down to play it.