Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nau

Jailbreak recommendations

Over the past month myself @Sponsored, Wolfshade and Rex have spent quite a bit of time on other JB servers trying to find what brings population to them. The servers we visited are popped most hours of the day as ours used to be. Based off of communicating with the admins of these servers and our own observations I present this list.

1. Leniency on new players

Most CT's when we do get population are quick to kill anyone that slightly delays or maybe is confused on where to go, other servers use warning shots on non aggressive rebellious acts(Ie Not Bhoping away, shooting a gun, etc)

2. CT/Warden Priority based on Admin / Time played (PLUGIN AVAILABLE)

Other servers are using this system to ensure the CT team is quality and qualified to do there job and it allows new players to learn how to play coupled with the newfound leniency we have above.

To Elaborate more on this: You make joining ct a command and priority is given to players that fit a certain set of criteria: Hours Played, Admin Level, JoinSG steam group or whatever the server adv sees fit.

3. !ws Knives/Guns (Steam is against this AFAIK)

!ws is a plugin that allows everyone to use whatever weapon / knife skin that they want. Although a few years ago the CSGO devs were very against this and would remove servers for it but majority of the high pop ones currently use it.

4. Require SO's to be active on the server they admin and help populate it.

The server isn't going to populate itself. If the admin team "responsible" for the server aren't going to take initiative on its well being someone needs to. I have popped the server a few times in the past and the only SO that has been seen more then once is a BHOP SO. I know a few years ago SO's had an hour requirement but not sure if that's still the case. If it is not I think bringing it back may help to revive some dead servers.  Active community members and admins alike will help keep people wanting to come back and build the population up.  When I first started playing people like Eddy, Cows, Diabeticdaniel and Clamps made JB welcoming and fun and made myself and I am sure many other want to come back and be apart of the community.

1. This is something I have thought of and I like it. Personally when I am CT I use warning shots most of the time but I know a lot of cts doesn't so this could definitely be something to put in the rules. Maybe the punishment doesn't have to be a slay, it could just be a warning to start with. Something I will think about.

2. I like it, really nothing more to say about it. Personally I think we should add this.

3. Like you said value doesn't like this and I agree with value, sure it might be fun for the people that doesn't have skins but it's honestly so boring for the people that have spent money on the game, actually considering leaving if this becomes a thing on our servers. If any staff member wants me gone, add this ;) From my understanding there is a way to bypass the ban from value but one small mistake and our servers are gone.

4. This is still a thing, even if it's not as harsh anymore, my personal opinion on this is that if the SO is somewhat active and there isn't a better replacement for him/her he can keep it, having no SOs are worse than having some SOs that are not as active imo.

1 minute ago, Hawk said:

3. Like you said value doesn't like this and I agree with value, sure it might be fun for the people that doesn't have skins but it's honestly so boring for the people that have spent money on the game, actually considering leaving if this becomes a thing on our servers. If any staff member wants me gone, add this ;) From my understanding there is a way to bypass the ban from value but one small mistake and our servers are gone.

This portion was more of an observation than a recommendation, I don't think anyone wants you gone :)

3 hours ago, Nau said:

Over the past month myself @Sponsored, Wolfshade and Rex have spent quiet a bit of time on other JB servers trying to find what brings population to them. The servers we visited are popped most hours of the day as ours used to be. Based off of communicating with the admins of these servers and our own observations I present this list.

Yes, We dont need people to be trigger happy, but hard to enforce? killwhoring isnt allowed to begin with. Admin discretion?

I like this, but we dont want to be a sellout community and having noobs buying admin without knowing what an admin should do. So the jb group on steam and play time is probably the best bet. Also maybe base it on the amount of people on? more people=more leaniancy and when less than 8 not active at all maybe?

Yes. kids wants their karambits

Ofcourse.

3 minutes ago, Don Juan said:

1. It's a simple rule change 

2. You don't have to be sell out, If there arent admins on etc, priority will go based on joining the queue etc

Literally every other server i've ever been on has !knife. Anytime I see a new person join the first thing they do is:
!knife
.knife
me: "We dont have !knife on this server."
wtf why >leaves

I was asked to comment on this post.

1. This should be obvious. No one wants to play on a server where they just get capped instantly

2. Isn't a bad idea. I'd be worried it might make new players annoyed that they cant play on ct, but if the most popular servers do it, then they would be used to it. And it prioritizes those with play time, doesn't mean new players wont be allowed to join ct / be warden

3. Its honestly not a bad thing to have at all. If people want their fancy knives, not much of harm in it. However it would be neat if there was a way to show if your knife is real. However as you said, valve banned this plugin, and I'm surprised so many top servers still are allowed to use it....

4. This also should be obvious.

9 minutes ago, Iherdcows said:

1. This should be obvious. No one wants to play on a server where they just get capped instantly

2. Isn't a bad idea. I'd be worried it might make new players annoyed that they cant play on ct, but if the most popular servers do it, then they would be used to it. And it prioritizes those with play time, doesn't mean new players wont be allowed to join ct / be warden

3. Its honestly not a bad thing to have at all. If people want their fancy knives, not much of harm in it. However it would be neat if there was a way to show if your knife is real. However as you said, valve banned this plugin, and I'm surprised so many top servers still are allowed to use it....

#2 would just require them to spend maybe 4-5 hours on T learning which I think is fair. Also admins can bypass it and switch them but this also doesn't mean an they cant get on ct

1 minute ago, Iherdcows said:

To address #2 I think at 5-7 hours alive they would receive a priority in que. It just gives them a chance to learn rules etc. Alternatively they can ask an admin to switch them to learn if they are genuinely wanting to try.

Also 

I like pG's !queue setup tbh. Puts everyone in a queue and if someone fucks up then they gotta hop off ct and get placed at the end of the queue. I think members get a priority and the argument for a consistant pool of good ct's is pretty good considering there are some rounds every now and then where the ct's are just relying on the one guy who knows how to ct/the map and fumbling around the map unsure of what to do when he's dead. Not sure if it's cross-map but if it is that'd be even better for cycling ct's. New players also get more rounds in before they inevitably have to warden and the ones that do end up liking it are incentivized to stay and join the clan for a priority. Boom, make sG great again.

Killwhoring as a prevalent mentality is where our server is fucked. Most of our rounds start off with people dying outside of cells not facing the proper direction while clearly not rebelling, oftentimes while being afk frozen as well so it's not like they're spooking ct's or anything. I respawn clearly killwhored players (usually with a lOT of whining from the guy who legally killed them) but most of the times I can't take any action because the guard might've had a tiny ounce of doubt that mabey the t was actually rebelling and his death was thusly justified: the onus is on me to prove that the t wasn't and that's impossible. The real problem is that our server is populated with killwhores because even some staff and friends of mine are killwhoring right off the start of the round. If you fucks could just stop with the killwhoring that'd be fanfuckingtastic. Obviously that's not going to happen so if we want more players in our servers, and more importantly new ones who stay as regulars, we need to have some more clear rules on killwhoring that admins can act on. We can all get together in admin chat next time the server's popped to come up with them if examples are needed.

18 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I like pG's !queue setup tbh. Puts everyone in a queue and if someone fucks up then they gotta hop off ct and get placed at the end of the queue. I think members get a priority and the argument for a consistant pool of good ct's is pretty good considering there are some rounds every now and then where the ct's are just relying on the one guy who knows how to ct/the map and fumbling around the map unsure of what to do when he's dead. Not sure if it's cross-map but if it is that'd be even better for cycling ct's. New players also get more rounds in before they inevitably have to warden and the ones that do end up liking it are incentivized to stay and join the clan for a priority. Boom, make sG great again.

This right here... this is the way to bringing jb back again

19 minutes ago, Rock said:

This right here... this is the way to bringing jb back again

and if people actually joined instead of talking about joining and "bringing it back" 

Like cows said 1 and 4 should just be happening. With number 2 i agree because sometimes i will join high populated jailbreak servers and they most of the time will have hour requirements, im not saying just cause high pops server's has it like this means we should have it but i do think it is a good idea to let people get a understanding of the rules and then let them play ct i think a 4-5 hour requirement is good enough.

29 minutes ago, Don Juan said:

and if people actually joined instead of talking about joining and "bringing it back" 

I get on at any chance i get, ive been very very busy recently due to tons of shit going on in my life including family deaths and work overload between school, hockey and coaching hockey but i still try to find some time every few weeks to hop on 

1 minute ago, Rock said:

I get on at any chance i get, ive been very very busy recently due to tons of shit going on in my life including family deaths and work overload between school, hockey and coaching hockey but i still try to find some time every few weeks to hop on 

1 and 4 can happen with simple rule changes and enforcement.

17 minutes ago, Nau said:

1 and 4 can happen with simple rule changes and enforcement.

I will admin whore the shit out of killwhores

1. I've always done and try(ed) to do when I was actively playing JB. I hate seeing overly strict CTs at low pop specifically (you can still play the game mode without killing someone for taking one extra step...).

2. Kinda meh, whatever. Don't have much of an opinion, if people see it as being a problem and think it'll help, fine. Especially if it seems to be a common thing on other servers and regular JB players are used to that requirement.

3. I typically hate. AFAIK steam lightened their restrictions, but you cannot use any of the default skins provided by valve (you can have a krambit, but needs to have a different skin than what you can actually obtain). This does still keep the "look at me aspect" of actually owning a knife, however that also means that it adds downloads to the server for every skin you want to add (which is where I really dislike the addition).

4. I think it's been much lighter enforcement due to less populated servers, but it is still technically a thing. I'm not sure what @Clamps and @Bulldog have drawn the line of "enough" play time to not be on the watchlist / be demoted.

10 minutes ago, Moose said:

1. I've always done and try(ed) to do when I was actively playing JB. I hate seeing overly strict CTs at low pop specifically (you can still play the game mode without killing someone for taking one extra step...).

2. Kinda meh, whatever. Don't have much of an opinion, if people see it as being a problem and think it'll help, fine. Especially if it seems to be a common thing on other servers and regular JB players are used to that requirement.

3. I typically hate. AFAIK steam lightened their restrictions, but you cannot use any of the default skins provided by valve (you can have a krambit, but needs to have a different skin than what you can actually obtain). This does still keep the "look at me aspect" of actually owning a knife, however that also means that it adds downloads to the server for every skin you want to add (which is where I really dislike the addition).

4. I think it's been much lighter enforcement due to less populated servers, but it is still technically a thing. I'm not sure what @Clamps and @Bulldog have drawn the line of "enough" play time to not be on the watchlist / be demoted.

Thanks for the feedback my thought is including #1 in the rules IE a warning shot for a delay or a misdirection. Number 2 I feel strongly about after playing with some of the "new era" CT players we have and the fun they fail to provide.

5 hours ago, Wolfshade said:

i think a 4-5 hour requirement is good enough.

most servers its 1-2, i think 4-5 would be excessive

14 hours ago, Nau said:

Over the past month myself @Sponsored, Wolfshade and Rex have spent quite a bit of time on other JB servers trying to find what brings population to them. The servers we visited are popped most hours of the day as ours used to be. Based off of communicating with the admins of these servers and our own observations I present this list.

Most CT's when we do get population are quick to kill anyone that slightly delays or maybe is confused on where to go, other servers use warning shots on non aggressive rebellious acts(Ie Not Bhoping away, shooting a gun, etc)

Other servers are using this system to ensure the CT team is quality and qualified to do there job and it allows new players to learn how to play coupled with the newfound leniency we have above.

To Elaborate more on this: You make joining ct a command and priority is given to players that fit a certain set of criteria: Hours Played, Admin Level, JoinSG steam group or whatever the server adv sees fit.

!ws is a plugin that allows everyone to use whatever weapon / knife skin that they want. Although a few years ago the CSGO devs were very against this and would remove servers for it but majority of the high pop ones currently use it.

The server isn't going to populate itself. If the admin team "responsible" for the server aren't going to take initiative on its well being someone needs to. I have popped the server a few times in the past and the only SO that has been seen more then once is a BHOP SO. I know a few years ago SO's had an hour requirement but not sure if that's still the case. If it is not I think bringing it back may help to revive some dead servers.  Active community members and admins alike will help keep people wanting to come back and build the population up.  When I first started playing people like Eddy, Cows, Diabeticdaniel and Clamps made JB welcoming and fun and made myself and I am sure many other want to come back and be apart of the community.

I, personally, always give every T some time to correct themselves (it's even a rule to give the Ts 5 seconds to complete warden's orders). But, I've noticed some CT players killing them after a couple of seconds. I will now start hounding on CTs for killwhoring, especially on newer players.

I actually agree with Nau on this one. I think a command for joining CT team will be better for newer players, since it will be a lot less confusing than joining the team through the default way with a ratio to worry about on top of that. Also, like Nau said, we can set a time requirement for people to make sure they have a basic understanding of the way we do things in sG.

Another thing I agree with, to some extent. I know the risk of running this plugin on our server, but I've noticed big JB servers using it with no backlash, as said before. I understand that it adds to our loading time for new players, but other servers don't have that bad of a loading time, like SNG or pG for example. And for the part of discrediting people that have bought skins I'm sure we can find out a way to credit them appropriately.

This already is a requirement for our SO team and we have taken action to those who show a lack in playtime. But, maybe we could give the new JB SOs moderator for our sG JB steam group to make their job of popping the server easier and to let the people, not in our discord, know that they are trying to pop it.  

17 hours ago, Nau said:

1.)  I think everyone tries to do this until it severely delays the round by trying to explain the whole game to the person.  This also really depends on server pop; 20+ makes it really hard but less than 10 and it almost always happens.  Honestly I've always seen sG as way more lenient than other servers.  AFK freeze? Other servers see you accidentally tap your mouse and headshot you for "looking"

2)  Ehhhhh, idk how I feel on the dumb queue plugin.  I can see this easily pissing off many of the Vet members.  But on the other hand I believe those plugins make CT more of a serious role so people play it better and take it more of a responsibility.  CT queue wouldn't be all too bad, but god I hate warden queue.  Getting warden when literally the last warden did everything I had planned out to do is really frustrating and turns my warden round into a boring and wasted one.

3)  I'd like the server to have this but I can't argue sG to risk their account status for this plugin.

4)  As hawk said inactive SO's are better than no SO's

I made this awhile ago so the current stats are a bit old but its still pretty close.  These are the other jailbreak servers and what general plugins they have.  The colors on the left are my opinion of the server (Blue best, green acceptable, yellow "ok", and orange a no fun).  Domination is a really interesting old style to jailbreak like the CSS days.  I really enjoyed the players there.  The only downside is their strict map rotation and the fact they have to edit everyone with their name in it and change the style of it to old CSS design.

b4hHpCO.png

↓ Here is the up to date version ↓

OnF89b9.png

And btw yes I do have a lot of spreadsheets on various stats.  They call me spreadsheet at work.

28 minutes ago, Revöker said:

4)  As hawk said inactive SO's are better than no SO's

Yeah well I've applied 2 or 3 times durring the slump and haven't gotten it. I may be toxic, but hell I know the rules like the back of my hand and play the server a lot.

Killwhoring kills pop, and there's some that choose to rebel everytime so I think finding the line of being lenient and not just letting people run for a vent, I really only start enforcing when the T's just straight rebel every round on purpose.