Sign in to follow this  
Don Juan

Can we fix this?

Believe me, it’s as random and fair as it will ever get.

ive done my best to make it fair, I’ve redone it a few times with more randomness and this most recent revision is the most fair

Just now, bulletford said:

Believe me, it’s as random and fair as it will ever get

You say, that but its neither. Some people get T multiple rounds in a row while others never get T. Even when 15-20+ players lol.

6 minutes ago, Don Juan said:

You say, that but its neither. Some people get T multiple rounds in a row while others never get T. Even when 15-20+ players lol.

True random is neither fair nor consistent, and computers, in general, are really bad at random. With random number generators, you can get the same number multiple times in a row, but that's not fair. At the same time, a "fair" system isn't always random, going through each player one by one would give you a fair system. So we reworked it to be random with a little bit of weightedness to it, and a players weight resets when the map change. It's really unfortunate that happened and if you have any suggestions on how we could improve the system feel free to send them our way.

1 minute ago, KiD Fearless said:

True random is neither fair nor consistent, and computers, in general, are really bad at random. With random number generators, you can get the same number multiple times in a row, but that's not fair. At the same time, a "fair" system isn't always random, going through each player one by one would give you a fair system. So we reworked it to be random with a little bit of weightedness to it, and a players weight resets when the map change. It's really unfortunate that happened and if you have any suggestions on how we could improve the system feel free to send them our way.

TL'DR A fair system isnt random just get luckier dummies

idk if making things more fair is inherently a good idea, you would be able to game the system somewhat if you knew who hasn't been T and has been T in the previous rounds. That being said, I do agree with the pseudo-random implementation where its weighted by who has/hasn't been

I've also gotten T like four times in a row before so maybe you should just try gittin gud 

5 hours ago, Don Juan said:

It's called statistics, it's kinda popular, you should look it up.

5 hours ago, zebra said:

you would be able to game the system somewhat if you knew who hasn't been T and has been T in the previous rounds.

We did think about this when it was changed and decided to have there be a minimum and maximum weight a player can have. That way new players wouldn't guaranteed to be traitor first round. Everyone still has a chance to be traitor, and you'd have more luck finding them based off their actions than probability, especially with 15+ players.

9 hours ago, Don Juan said:

True randomess isnt fair. With probability certain players will have a higher chance at getting traitor. In past I've experienced this and it sucks.