Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revöker

JB maps- Fix or Overhaul? + Spawn priority

Which Map should be fixed or overhauled?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which map should be fixed?

• ba_texture_jail_go6
    • jb_sg_blek_cocks_csgo_final
    • *Other*
  2. 2. Which map should be overhauled?

• jb_sg_blek_cocks_csgo_final
    • jb_blackout_sg_v1-0
    • ba_jail_spyder_csgo_v1
    • jb_sg_maws_v2
    • ba_jail_alpha
    • ba_sg_spike_csgo
    • ba_fail_jail_go_b4
    • *Other*
  3. 3. Spawn priority

• Love it
    • Hate it
    • Needs rebalancing
    • N/A

Hey guys,

So over the past few years I've fixed a few broken maps

• ba_jail_blackout_csgo_fix1 → jb_blackout_sg_v1-0 (v1-1 coming soon™)
  • jb_tower_b7 → jb_tower_b8
  • jb_minecraft_beta_v4-2b → jb_minecraft_beta_v4-2c (v4-2d coming soon™)
  • jb_clouds_beta02 → jb_clouds_sg_v6 (v6-1 coming soon™)
  • ba_fail_jail_go_b4 → jb_fail_jail_b5 (coming soon)

But now I want your guys opinions on somethings.

First off I have planned to fix either texture_jail or some other map that needs fixing.  Next I wanted to overhaul a map that badly needs it (which there are a lot of).  The main difference between an overhaul and fixing is how much I change in the map.  In a fix I try to keep the map exactly the way it was and to only fix things that were broken or never worked the way the mapper intended.  In a overhaul I will change textures, games, layout, etc.. but I will try to keep the spirit of the map going forward.  Think of ba_jail_shel_sgfix_csgo_v2 vs jb_ivanns_is_a_faggot_csgo_v2 where ivanns is a complete overhaul of the shel map and shel is just a port/fix.

SPAWN PRIORITY:

I also wanted to take this post to point out something subtle I've been doing in these maps that you may or may not have noticed.  Its called spawn priority and I have it planned or in all the maps above.  Basically I can decided which spawns will always have players spawn there and others that only get players there if there are a certain amount of players on the server.  The way this works is that spawns have a priority setting from a scale of 0 being the lowest and 999 being the "highest".  The player will always spawn at lower numbered priority first before moving onto higher numbers.  So if I have 8 T spawns, 4 of which have priority 0 and 4 with priority of 1 and I have 6 Ts on the server then the 4 priority 0 spots will always have a player spawn in them while the spawns with 1 might get a player there (random every round which spot gets filled).

MY SPAWN PRIORITY PHILOSOPHY:

I want low pop rounds to have less rebelling because its just pointless (it's like a 1 sided warday).  But I believe that T's should have better chance of getting vent cells and rounds should be more consistent.  So with my balancing I get rid of double spawns and make it 100% chance of ANY TERRORIST getting vent cell during rounds with 16+ T's.  This gives players that want to rebel a better chance of doing so and also lowers the chance of getting multiple terrorist getting the same vent cell unless there are 24+ T's.  This also ties into my opinion that CT's should have helmet+armor because I'd like to raise the chance of ant T getting vent cell.

• Removes CT's Lucky "No Terrorist got vent cell" rounds
    • By ensuring any T will get vent cell with more than 8 or 16 terrorist
  • Lowers individual chance of getting vent cell
    • By removing chance of having 2 T's spawn in vent cell
  • Spreads out Terrorist evenly between all cells
    • Makes spawns more consistent for CT's to better predict round outcomes
  • Buff gun cell pistols to Fivesevens with 15→30 rounds or Deagles with 7 rounds
  • Rebel cell order
    • 0→4 T's = No rebel cell
    • 4→8 T's = gun cell
    • 8→16 T's = gun + vent cell
    • 16+ T's = gun + multiple vent cells

SPAWN PRIORITY MAP NOTES: 

• BLACKOUT (feature not used yet)-
    • This map has 4 cells (top row) that have a chance to get a glock in it, and 1 bottom right cell that has 1 spawn that teleports you to armory.  My change would allow you not to have to fight for the gun in the cell it spawns in, and also makes it easier to do gun checks since you will have less Terrorist stacking by default (1 T per cell most of the time).
  • TOWER-
    • This was the first map I used this feature on.  There is only 1 vent cell technically (top left) but the all the corner cells have easy access to rebel by running behind cells.  These charts don't show it but I also limited the number of T's spawning on these corner cells and spread out the spawning so that once again there is less T stacking.
  • MINECRAFT (feature not used yet)-
    • This map ONLY HAS 8 CELLS, 2 of which are vent cells.  This would by far be the hardest to use this feature on given the limited number of cells to work with.  I have what I think would be best, but even that I do not like.  IMO this is probably one of the only maps that is best left untouched.
  • Fail_Jail
    • This would really be the 2nd map that I plan on using this feature on.  There are 3 rebel cells (2 vent 1 gun) with 2 spawns each (NOTE: I didn't count the vent that leads behind cells).  Once again the spawn priority are spread out so that there is less T stacking.  There will always be a Terrorist next to the bottom vent cell with the smoke so they can still easily rebel.  Terrorist tend to spawn on the lower cells first before the top row of cells.

CHANCE CHART NOTES:

On the "Any T's" chance chart 100% indicates that 1 T will get a rebel cell while 200% chance indicates that 2 T's will get a rebel cell (this also applies for higher percentages).

I have 8, 16, and 24 highlighted because those are around the numbers I was trying to optimize for.

kiCtOax.png

mWap3de.png

Relevant ppl: @Nau @Beerman

Revoker is an undeniable shining resource and asset in this clan and his hard work deserves a fuckload of rep and then a verbal harassing for putting my name next to Nau's LUL

My love for blackout is a meme at this point. I love the brokenness of the entire concept. The shapes game that people span the button and everybody dies. The worthless blackout soccer and somehow even more worthless actual soccer. Legit the only usable thing on that map is the handrail, deathrun, and race. I would love to see an overhaul but keep the good stuff. The secret fish room, the glass cage vent (remove that gun spawn), and maybe a blackout soccer that is dark inside but from a different room CTs can look in and see what's going on (no idea if that's possible). Matter of fact. @Revöker i hereby pledge $100 dollars if you deliver a reworked map that holds the subtleness of blackout together and still can have Tony hawk pro skater. Either to you or the clan your choice (take the money) also you gotta name it after me. I want in that map name.

Also I love the spawn priority concept. We have some maps that are literally 32 cells across 3 levels split on two sides. That's a fuckoad of cell checking that could be used actually being able to watch Ts and manage some games. I love the idea. 

Again revoker you have proven to be a fucking amazing contributor to this clan. Soon, you may even live up to my accomplishments. One day.

In all honesty, probably most of the maps on the server will a recompile to fix the LDR bug.  When the server switches to/from an LDR compiled map there's a chance that it will crash the clients game. To check if a map is HDR or not use the command mat_hdr_enabled in the console while on the map.

Looks awesome, I like your philosophy about the vent cell spawn chance.

Fixing older maps is something I always love seeing.

That is actually quite impressive and honestly it was hard for me to understand it was so much. It honestly is really annoying especially on those maps that are broken or have bad spawns make it increasingly hard to keep cells under order because of all the angles or rebelers that could come from any cell vent or gun spawn and anyone with a decent aim can one shot the warden. I think fixing the maps while also keeping their like past look and feel can help keep both sides happy the ones that want the map to stay and others that want it to go. 

So i wanted to make sure everyone understand exactly what I'm talking about so I made a easier to read list of the effects of these changes.  I'm open to modding them more but this is my up to date "rules" after reviewing these charts that I made yesterday.

• Removes CT's Lucky "No Terrorist got vent cell" rounds
    • By ensuring any T will get vent cell with more than 8 or 16 terrorist
  • Lowers individual chance of getting vent cell
    • By removing chance of having 2 T's spawn in vent cell
  • Spreads out Terrorist evenly between all cells
    • Makes spawns more consistent for CT's to better predict round outcomes
  • Buff gun cell pistols to Fivesevens with 15→30 rounds or Deagles with 7 rounds
  • Rebel cell order
    • 0→4 T's = No rebel cell
    • 4→8 T's = gun cell
    • 8→16 T's = gun + vent cell
    • 16+ T's = gun + multiple vent cells

I've also rearranged the chart but Im still messing with it.  So I'll update that later.

As for the vote so far, Im really leaning towards Fixing `Fail_jail` then fix `Texture_jail` (I've already started on texture) then fix `Blackout` then overhaul `blek_cocks` then overhaul `blackout` (I had ordered the vote with my preference at the top).

Fixes should be really fast in comparison (a few weeks) where the overhauls are taking me months.