Sign in to follow this  
vision

The Lack of Rule Enforcement on TTT:GO

Coming from hundreds of hours as staff on TTT Gmod, and hundreds of hours on other sG servers, I never had a problem with server quality or community.... until now. I don't have anything against any INDIVIDUAL players, although several of them are extremely childish.

Here's a summary of tonight's events that made me quit sG TTT:GO permanently. 

1. Round start, I was selected as Traitor.

2. Daniel damaged me for 18 with a decoy. Issue #1

3. Eagle called SUS on me for taking damage. Issue #2 

4. I stood still typing because my mic broke, and as I was typing out remarks defending myself, everyone started calling me an asshole and Milkman RDM'd me.

5. Nobody was held accountable for the actions, and I was ridiculed until leaving. Issue #3

6. lindsay was also ridiculed for helping me to find the forums and file a report, THE ONLY PERSON DOING THEIR JOB ON THE SERVER. Issue #4

I understand that this server is still in development, that is why I will turn this complaint into a SUGGESTION. I don't want any individuals listed punished in any way for their actions. 

Issue #1: The decoy is a terrible item that aggravates countless players and is used for mass RDM (always unpunished)

SOLUTION: Remove the decoy or alter that it only affects the user, or does no fall damage to surrounding players.

Issue #2: (Minor) Calling suspicion should be limited. On several occasions, popular players (loud players) would call suspicion on me for no reason (I had not fired any shots that round or been near killings), and it would result in me being tailed constantly throughout the round, ruining my T rounds.

SOLUTION: Encourage popular players (i.e. STAFF) not to call suspicion for no reason, and generally uphold good sportsmanship.

Issue #3: RDM is not a mystery. It's not hard to slay the RDMers, and Milkman even admitted to RDM'ing me on purpose because I was "being a dick". This is not a reason.

SOLUTION: Allegedly there are damage logs, and its not hard to remember who called the false KOS in the first place. Enforcement of the rules is CRUCIAL for server survival.

Issue #4: Despite being several sG members on the server, Lindsay and another sGr, can't remember who, were the only ones trying to help. (Although the sGr in question did it in a very rude way, it is still appreciated). I expected staff to try to HELP newer players, and not enable them to be bullied/RDM'd. 

SOLUTION: DO YOUR JOB!!!! Even if you are not a staff member, tasked with enforcing the rules, EVERY sG member is expected to uphold a good image for the sG community. If countless sG players are teaming up, enabling others to break server rules, and willingly breaking server rules themselves without punishment, you will lose your player base to toxic rulebreakers.

Thanks for reading all of this. I think it is very important to encourage discussion about improvements for the server, and not to have members discourage this discussion (!!! pointed remark !!!). I will stick to sG bhop for now, but I'm looking forward to playing other sG servers in the future.

If you find people breaking the rules, record it and make a report on the forums following our guidelines and the individuals will be dealt with accordingly.

Edited by MistaChang

There was an overwhelming agreement that a KOS was called on you.

I think this should be chalked up to a misunderstanding as no admin can act on something without proof. Milkman should have been slain/dealt with - you're not wrong just based off his reasoning.

Decoys are not a problem and are typically used to reach high ground etc. Decoys specifically for griefing are usually punished.

I apologize that you felt mistreated and ridiculed but I do agree that admins on the servers do need to be more proactive in monitoring and enforcing.

Edited by BabyNicol3
spelling

Here's my two cents on the situation;

1. The decoy doesnt really cause 'mass' RDM, it will occasionally damage players and maybe only kill one person, but it doing damage is the whole point, as it's job is to knock people off of high places. Depending on the area thrown, they can be KOSable and while I understand your T buddy was the one whom threw it, 19 damage isnt THAT much (however I couldnt slay the one whom threw it as that was @daniel_) That'd be up to him why he didnt slay himself, but I still dont believe 19 damage warrents a slay for an accident.

2. I'm sure no ones calling suspicion for no reason, and thats not really an easy rule to police compared to other rules. Why should we limit calling suspicion when suspecting is a key aspect of the game? People will follow you and thats that, there isnt really anything inherently bad with that IMO. I dont think trying to limit what people can do, especially if they are Staff, will help any with the server still being worked on.

3. This is the solution thats kind of difficult to explain, as there was no proof/easy way to correctly identify who called the OG KOS if there even was one. I would rather not slay someone based on little proof, as from what I was getting is that a third part had called the KOS and that was his reason for following it. Admittly his other reason is pretty shitty, but he had also said he was just following a KOS. I personally didnt know, and with no consenus being reached, it would be hard to punish someone.

4. I do agree that an sG member should uphold the rules and try and hold a good image, but the problem with TTT:GO is that some people who may be in higher positions do not exactly know how to police the server right (not trying to rag on anyone.) The reason Nau and I responded and attempted to help is that we largely know how to Admin the server better than others. While I would like more people to help Admin on the server, I dont blame certain people for not knowing how to properly do so; the server is in a weird spot and Admining isnt always the easiest for this server in particular. 

I'm not trying to say that any of your points are necessarily incorrect, I just dont really agree with them. They still hold merit, and I'm sorry if you were truly RDMed and the shitty situation that devolved didnt help that case. Thank you for helping pop and supporting sG in other ways.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. From my perspective, I stood completely still and slowly progressed from suspicious to maybe KOS to killed just because the person wanted to. Then I was ridiculed for asking for slays and talking about posting on the forums.

I really thing the last part is the most demoralizing, that people have such a negative view of the forums... If only the trolls could see how positive and productive the discussions can be.

1 minute ago, vision said:

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. From my perspective, I stood completely still and slowly progressed from suspicious to maybe KOS to killed just because the person wanted to. Then I was ridiculed for asking for slays and talking about posting on the forums.

I really thing the last part is the most demoralizing, that people have such a negative view of the forums... If only the trolls could see how positive and productive the discussions can be.

I hope you understand myself and @Lindsay prompting you here was genuine.

I was playing earlier too and I know I made a couple mistakes like not noticing that the warmup round was over and free-killing someone. But I think making mistakes is okay just as long as it is not intentional RDM and you avoid doing again as much as possible. I agree that people who break rules need to face repercussions for it but we just keep in mind that sometimes people make honest mistakes is all

With the way our rules work, suspicion isn't really a mechanic of the game mode and sus callouts in our servers are almost always jokes. Killing for being sus or "high sus" is considered RDM so if this happens to you then report it and the guy will be taken care of.

While maybe you shouldn’t have been killed, you sat afk typing in chat for over a minute as the last T alive, wasting everyone’s time

Edited by Imperium

Admining a TTT server is kind of hard trying to balance out everything and get all the information speaking since the server is still under pretty high maintenance. Decoys have always been a discombobulater type item just like the original TTT mode on GMOD, if you feel you are being mistreated then invite a different admin on or record, get mic fixed so you can speak and get everything handled then, and it’s one round of TTT are you going to miss out on all that as an Innocent but as T I get it but there’s like 1,000 more rounds you can play

13 hours ago, Booch said:

Decoys have always been a discombobulater type item just like the original TTT mode on GMOD

On 1/27/2019 at 1:50 AM, Nau said:

Decoys are not a problem and are typically used to reach high ground etc.

Decoys (Discombobulatoer) are not a problem they are a staple in the TTT gamemode. An Inno or Traitor can use it to get to a better position, and a traitor can use it do deal some extra damage or even get a kill without firing a shot.

On 1/27/2019 at 1:33 AM, vision said:

Issue #1: The decoy is a terrible item that aggravates countless players and is used for mass RDM (always unpunished)

SOLUTION: Remove the decoy or alter that it only affects the user, or does no fall damage to surrounding players.

I would't say it's a terrible item that encourages RDM but there are definitely some trolls that will misuse the item. But removal or redefining its physics would be a crime to the gamemode.

Overall your complaints are well justified and have found myself frustrated with one or two of theses types of situations before. Glad to see someone who cares enough to voice there opinion. :D

10 hours ago, FanService said:

Decoys (Discombobulatoer) are not a problem they are a staple in the TTT gamemode. An Inno or Traitor can use it to get to a better position, and a traitor can use it do deal some extra damage or even get a kill without firing a shot.

I would't say it's a terrible item that encourages RDM but there are definitely some trolls that will misuse the item. But removal or redefining its physics would be a crime to the gamemode.

Overall your complaints are well justified and have found myself frustrated with one or two of theses types of situations before. Glad to see someone who cares enough to voice there opinion. :D

Yeah I love rdming as inno with discombobs 

On 1/27/2019 at 1:33 AM, vision said:

Issue #2: (Minor) Calling suspicion should be limited. On several occasions, popular players (loud players) would call suspicion on me for no reason (I had not fired any shots that round or been near killings), and it would result in me being tailed constantly throughout the round, ruining my T rounds.

So you're telling me on several occasions that someone called you sus while you were a T, and it resulted in people actually following / suspecting the T? :thinking:

Maybe you were just being sus ya know, doesn't necessarily have to be shots fired / near killings to be sus. I look at people who have no paranoia / fear to be pretty sus