Sign in to follow this  
ocean

top 3 favorite movies

As you might have noticed by my avatar, The Big Lebowski has solidified itself as my #1 movie. It is so hard to pick a favourite but each time I watch it, it gets better and better.

Favorite scenes are anytime The Dude, Walter and Donny get together:

I didn't understand this movie the first time I watched it -- I didn't even like it. There is so much going on with all the characters, all the scenes and in the large amount of dialogue that makes it fun to rewatch. It would appear that The Dude, Walter and Donny are all just improving lines but the script was written this exact way and their timing is incredible. They make it seem so natural. It feels like so much is going on in this movie but really the plot is just The Dude trying to get back his rug (that tied the room together). Amazing movie.

HIGHLY. RECOMMENDED.

Edited by Travesty

a lot of the time i tend to like older movies, however i don't really have a top 3, rather just one movie i really adore. 

my favorite movie is Ferris Bueller's Day Off

if you haven't seen it, i highly recommend it. comedy is on point

13 hours ago, ocean said:

i'm curious to hear, what are your top 3 favorite movies and your favorite scene from each? they don't need to be in any particular order

That is fucking TOUGH

My favorite movie might be Kill Bill Vol. 1

The long take before the fight with the crazy 88's is one of my favorite scenes!

2nd Favorite is probably Inglorious Basterds with the bar rendezvous being my favorite scene.

Using the Germanic "3" as a tell was pretty fantastic and as is the case with any Tarantino film, the dialogue is on point!

Tied for 3rd place would be Sicario or Aliens.

The combat drop from Aliens gets me pumped every time "ABSOLUTELY BADASSES"

Honorable mentions: Platoon, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, John Wick, The Martian, Goldeneye, The Great Escape, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Edited by chaos4499

13 hours ago, Travesty said:

I didn't understand this movie the first time I watched it -- I didn't even like it. There is so much going on with all the characters, all the scenes and in the large amount of dialogue that makes it fun to rewatch. It would appear that The Dude, Walter and Donny are all just improving lines but the script was written this exact way and their timing is incredible. They make it seem so natural. It feels like so much is going on in this movie but really the plot is just The Dude trying to get back his rug (that tied the room together). Amazing movie.

yup i felt the same. there's a lot of dialogue so when the actual conflicts happen it seems so fast it makes you feel like you're out of your element. their rapport is exceptional. plus it has one of the funniest, most absurd scenes i've seen. when the dude first meets maude. that jump scared me and it just becomes totally awkward as the dude just wants the rug and nothing to do with her.

12 hours ago, Lindsay said:

my favorite movie is Ferris Bueller's Day Off

if you haven't seen it, i highly recommend it. comedy is on point

haven't seen it, but it's been on the watch list for a long time. maybe i'll finally get around to it.

7 hours ago, chaos4499 said:

My favorite movie might be Kill Bill Vol. 1

The long take before the fight with the crazy 88's is one of my favorite scenes!

2nd Favorite is probably Inglorious Basterds with the bar rendezvous being my favorite scene.

Using the Germanic "3" as a tell was pretty fantastic and as is the case with any Tarantino film, the dialogue is on point!

Tied for 3rd place would be Sicario or Aliens.

The combat drop from Aliens gets me pumped every time "ABSOLUTELY BADASSES"

Honorable mentions: Platoon, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, John Wick, The Martian, Goldeneye, The Great Escape, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

kill bill was sick. the whole crazy 88 fight was tight.

that inglourious basterds scene was a huge "oh shit" moment. but the beginning scene really fucked me up for a couple days. still a great movie

i haven't seen aliens in a long time but i did see sicario a couple years ago. it had some awesome scenes like the border one and that ending scene but i didn't particularly like the movie. the plot felt too slow and never really grabbed me. i wasn't paying a lot of attention though and i wanted to see the new one. i bet if i rewatch it i'll like it more.

1. Full Metal Jacket: Film master piece in my eyes. Characters are developed really well and the battle scenes are awesome.

2. The Dark Knight: One of the only good DC franchise movies and cmon it’s badass as hell.

3. A Bronx Tale: Solid mafia movie that focuses more on the story rather than the gory death and killing like most mafia movies.

These are my "favorite" movies, doesn't mean I think these movies are the best 3 movies I've ever seen.

1: Guardians of the Galaxy - Really starting bringing the entire story line together with infinity stones, made me get into the marvel universe. scene - Ronan infusing the power stone to his hammer "YOU CALL ME BOI"

2: Star Wars I: The phantom menace - One of the few movies I had on DVD to watch on car rides as a kid. scene - duel of fates.

3: Spirited Away - watched the shit out of this in middle school and we even watched in an English class in high school. scene - the bath house

Edited by Avery

-step brothers

-superbad

-sharkboy and lavagirl

These three movies can keep me entertained for fucking ever.

i have seen just about all of the movies mentioned thus far, and i agree

they are great

however. i cannot come up with a list of my own. i have seen too many hundreds of them to compile a top list.