Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawk

Poll: Armor on JB?

Armor for CTs on Jailbreak?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What type of armor should CTs start the round with?

24 minutes ago, Shadow said:

By your argument about not having a steady pop obviously the 100 armor and helmet didn't help since the server has stayed dead majority of the time that plugin was added, so the change should be irrelevant. 

I'd argue it's helped bring back regulars on a daily basis. CTs are moving the round along rather than just chaos every round because of one USP.

It also gives new wardens a bit of breathing room when trying to give orders. And to be fair, no custom server has a steady pop'd server if you're not the top 20 CS:GO servers.

IMO I don't think we should change anything just yet and leave it the way it is. It seems to be working at the moment with a resurgence of jailbreak regulars, lets not change it.

Oh and for the record, Killwhoring should be strongly discouraged.

Honestly a strong argument can be made for both sides but my issue with it is the consistancy. Half of our maps give our CTs armor+helmet and others don't. The only time I'm annoyed about armor is when I shoot a CT in the head expecting him to die and he doesn't. Before, that was just a learning thing: you learn which maps have armor+helmets in them and remember to double-tap the head. I freaked out and died the other night when a ct survived my headshot on minecraft, which normally doesn't have armor+helmet. Either have all maps give armor+helmet or none at all.

T's rebelling honestly isn't an issue if at least one ct knows the basics of being a CT. T's don't just spawn with guns -- they innately have a huge disadvantage. Learn which cells have gun spawns and have players spawning there drop them inside of it. You don't even have to be a warden to do this. Boom, round's pretty much a CT win unless a guard inevitably gets too close to the t's.

You also have to factor how easy it is for a a rebeller with a primary weapon

Hell I'd be fine with everyone having full armor tbh

But imo if it's not broken, don't fix it

34 minutes ago, Travesty said:

You also have to factor how easy it is for a a rebeller with a primary weapon

Hell I'd be fine with everyone having full armor tbh

But imo if it's not broken, don't fix it

Well going back and forth we both have our opinions and we both are right in some way. I don’t get how you think being a rebeller with a rifle is easy when you are a CT with a gun vs a no armored knife isn’t?  It be interesting to see full armor for both, but pretty sure it would be OP for Ts and also cause more accidental freekills. I think it is broken which is why so many T mains who rebel are complaining and CT mains are saying nah it’s fine. 

The server partially died because JB became too CT sided when clouds and the other cancerous big maps became popular. That is why I stopped playing and I know many others agreed.

Big maps are a whole 'nother issue and separately, I'd argue clouds is T sided more than anything.

1 hour ago, Travesty said:

Big maps are a whole 'nother issue and separately, I'd argue clouds is T sided more than anything.

Old clouds was insanely T Sided, literally half the cells had a vent if you knew them, the updated revokers version is pretty balanced.

I really appreciate everyones input on this, you are all right and wrong. To wrap it all up it all comes down to playstyle, if you prefer to have it CT sided or T sided pretty much. At least now I know what everyone thinks and in the end it comes down to me cause it's so close in the votes (A lot of people that are inactive, doesn't play at all or not as much voted as well, and obviously these votes won't matter as much for obvious reasons). No matter what we go with people will be disappointed.

A lot of people that are CT mains voted for full armor and a lot of people that like to play T voted on 0 armor. Some people said that we never had armor, why should we start now, and I would say that this argument is really weak, just because things are changing doesn't mean it's changing to become worse. And I agree, I will never allow the server to become like every other server but sometimes we gotta adapt to even stay in the competition. I don't think people see the whole picture, and it has been like this for a while, "oldfags" that never play anymore coming in and saying something that worked back in the day when they used to play doesn't mean it works now. I believe that if we never added implied no detours or delays and !lr the server would have been even more unpopular within the jailbreak community, and when this was added "oldfags" were saying the same shit. I have probably at least top 3 most playtime on T and have been playing for a long while but that doesn't mean I want 0 armor because I see the whole picture, keep an open mind.

I will take everything in to consideration and come up with something that will satisfy the most amount of people, thank you everyone for giving me advice.

not trying to belabor the subject but i think 100 armor would be most fair. ct's won't get aimpunched to hell when getting shot and a good nade would only deal 40ish instead of 90-an instant kill. t's still get the advantage of 1 shotting with pistols. glock basically always does 100 in 10 to body with or without armor while people usually aim for the head with ct pistols. and having a helmet only benefits the first few minutes because late into the round t's usually opt for awps, autos, or aks in the armory.