Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Big Shot

Red Dead Redemption 2

I loved it, RDR2 was easily one of the most cinematic experiences in gaming for me*. The first couple hours can be a bit of a slog but considering the setting, it fits.

It is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'll be damned if it isn't in my top 5.

I think it took me ~4 days of gameplay to make it through the entire campaign and I was not going for 100%.

Clicking will expose spoilers for the campaign YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Who would've thought that the two best missions in a hyper-violent western would involve getting drunk with Lenny and building a house via a quick time event.

THAT BLUE BIRD THO BibleThump, Arthur really is the best.

*along with the likes of Mass Effect and Halo (Bungie's Halo)

1 hour ago, chaos4499 said:

I loved it, RDR2 was easily one of the most cinematic experiences in gaming for me*. The first couple hours can be a bit of a slog but considering the setting, it fits.

It is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'll be damned if it isn't in my top 5.

I think it took me ~4 days of gameplay to make it through the entire campaign and I was not going for 100%.

Clicking will expose spoilers for the campaign YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Reveal hidden contents

Who would've thought that the two best missions in a hyper-violent western would involve getting drunk with Lenny and building a house via a quick time event.

THAT BLUE BIRD THO BibleThump, Arthur really is the best.

*along with the likes of Mass Effect and Halo (Bungie's Halo)

I'm definitely loving it so far. I just made it to chapter 2 and the cinematic aspect is what has me hooked. It's as if I'm playing through a movie. The first chapter was a little slow just because there was less to actually play through. It definitely set the scene for the rest of the campaign which I have yet to get to but I'm excited to. It's definitely a game that you have to set aside 1 or 2 hours at a time to play through.

I'm a big fan of Rockstar games and so far, this one has been my favorite story since GTA: San Andreas. The graphics are definitely a lot better too. ;)

I will come back to this spoiler after I've completed the campaign.

super good. absolutely a journey. chapters 1 and 2 are mostly tutorial so i wouldn't feel bad about playing fast through those. if you're wanting cinematic then this game has endless moments for that. are you playing on xbox or ps4?

20 hours ago, ocean said:

super good. absolutely a journey. chapters 1 and 2 are mostly tutorial so i wouldn't feel bad about playing fast through those. if you're wanting cinematic then this game has endless moments for that. are you playing on xbox or ps4?

I'm playing on Xbox. Has online been good?

4 hours ago, Mr. Big Shot said:

I'm playing on Xbox. Has online been good?

if you were on ps4 i was gonna suggest god of war because that game is super cinematic.

the online is real 50/50. some love it but it's a little barebones as of right now. no minigames or trapper. which means no crafting better gear; just selling perfect pelts for more money. the online story is fun but short. there's a lot of focus on freeroam missions that players can intercept what you're doing like in gta 5.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:34 AM, ocean said:

if you were on ps4 i was gonna suggest god of war because that game is super cinematic.

the online is real 50/50. some love it but it's a little barebones as of right now. no minigames or trapper. which means no crafting better gear; just selling perfect pelts for more money. the online story is fun but short. there's a lot of focus on freeroam missions that players can intercept what you're doing like in gta 5.

I do also have a PS4 so I'll definitely check it out.