Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coldfuse

How do I get the word out to many people on the internet quickly

One of my close friends' brother has a rare form of brain cancer. In fact, it's so rare that only 8 people worldwide have ever been diagnosed with it. There's no standard treatment for this since it's so rare. The 8-year-old boy was life-flighted from Bangor Maine to the Children's Hospital of Boston to remove a life-threatening brain tumor and is currently going through chemotherapy. The family minus 1 moved to Boston to spend more time with him. The one remaining in Maine is going to college and travels to Boston when he can afford it to spend time with his brother. He found out about his little brother while he was working with me at our Boy Scout Camp. We've worked there together since 2014 and I believe firmly that he and his family are excellent people.

Now you have some background and hopefully will understand the importance of this. They posted a go-fund-me and they've received 2.2k shares but they've so far only got $4000 of the intended goal of $6000, which concerns me. Chemo is expensive and so is living in Boston, especially when you come from living in the county in Maine where $40000 a year is decent enough to live with a family. So tell me, how can the word of this go-fund-me be spread to many people? They will not do the news. I think my best bet is the internet, maybe Reddit, but I need guidance from you all.

Please be serious. This child needs help.

Here is the link for the go-fund-me: https://www.gofundme.com/7-year-old-boy-and-brain-tumor?fbclid=IwAR0vCJriuQRZ8V6ygQclJ3tonmfhT2gnxB2iXjG9gwcrHY__SVFJLxCp7dQ

If you want to read more about the situation, they update daily on their FB page. Click here: https://www.facebook.com/chandler8cancer/

An AMA could possibly do the trick. If the AMA does well enough chances are you will simply have people promoting for you from there. Another thing would be to try to get recognition from people out there who have a large audience.