Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawk

Rebel announcement and lego maps (Poll)

Rebel announcement and lego maps (Poll)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the lego maps should we keep?

• jb_lego_jail_v8-2 (Classic)
    • jb_lego_prison_v1 (New)
    • Doesn't matter.
  2. 2. Chat announcement when a T starts shooting a gun?

• Yes, I want to balance things out cause there is a lot of rebelling going on rn.
    • No, I want to keep it like we used to have it.

Hey! It's your favorite forum spammer here ;)

I'm hearing 50/50 on these questions so we will do a poll.

Pretty simple questions:

Should we keep jb_lego_jail_v8-2 or jb_lego_prison_v1?

Lego_jail is the old version that is really T sided, in lego_prison they balanced things out a bit but things like the solitary is removed and it has a few bugs.

I don't wanna keep both so vote for your favorite, I don't really care which one we keep, cause I see positive and negative things with both (So they kinda balance eachother out imo).

The second suggestion is that we enable an announcement when a T starts shooting a gun for the first time during a round. It will for sure be harder to rebel but I think that is healthy for the server, at least for the moment, due to people demolishing CTs most of the rounds.

Make post your opinion below if you wanna add some reasoning to your vote, but it's not nessesary.

Thanks for helping out :)

Honestly the main difference in the lego maps are the vents being changed but the old lego is just more nostalgic and honestly I would rather have the old lego.

51 minutes ago, Wolfshade said:

Honestly the main difference in the lego maps are the vents being changed but the old lego is just more nostalgic and honestly I would rather have the old lego.

There’s also 2 New map games and only two vents got changed, remember we need to look past the nostalgia of a map and look for a map that’s better, Nostaligia doesn’t populate a server, playing soccer and maze every round doesn’t either.

1 hour ago, vexer said:

There’s also 2 New map games and only two vents got changed, remember we need to look past the nostalgia of a map and look for a map that’s better, Nostaligia doesn’t populate a server, playing soccer and maze every round doesn’t either.

It’s nostalgic and it’s also fun, but I kinda agree with you we need a better map but imo old lego is much better.

New Lego has more games and looks better imo. No reason to keep old maps (jb_sg_dojo).

It's pretty obvious when people are rebelling tbh, if anything the hard part is finding out who it is. It wouldn't hurt to add the plugin where T's get colored red if they do a rebellious act like shooting a gun/tossing a grenade.

New map? Meh, sure why not. 
Coloring T's......... No thanks. 

All I want is a healthy JB population. 2 Bad ehhh.

42 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

New Lego has more games and looks better imo. No reason to keep old maps (jb_sg_dojo).

It's pretty obvious when people are rebelling tbh, if anything the hard part is finding out who it is. It wouldn't hurt to add the plugin where T's get colored red if they do a rebellious act like shooting a gun/tossing a grenade.

If they are turned red, would you want it to be for the whole round, or would you want them to turn red when they hurt a ct and then gradually fade back to normal color? Red stands out like a sore thumb on most maps, so if you are sniping and stay red forever, it will be much easier for cts to spot your hiding spot. If it fades, you can at least snipe a ct and then hide and wait for the red coloration to fade off before fighting again. Fading red still lets cts quickly and easily see which terrorist shot them as long as the t isn't hiding. If you want rebelling to just be harder in general, as well as cts never forgetting who is rebelling, I guess perma-red would be better though.

1 hour ago, Bluestreakid15 said:

Announcement like what? 

1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

43 minutes ago, RootyCat said:

Coloring T's......... No thanks.

Rootbeer, the annoucement would show up in chat and tell the CTs which T is shooting a gun, not just announce that someone is rebelling.

Rooty, the ts would not be colored at all, just display who the rebeller is in chat.

I don't want to change your votes but I encourage you guys to rethink your "no" votes, cause I feel like you misunderstood the statement. If you feel like you don't want an announcement like this in chat enabled feel free to continue voting no, just wanna make sure you guys got it right.

39 minutes ago, Hawk said:

the annoucement would show up in chat and tell the CTs which T is shooting a gun, not just announce that someone is rebelling.

I don't want to change your votes but I encourage you guys to rethink your "no" votes, cause I feel like you misunderstood the statement.

You've SOLD me, that sounds pretty good honestly. I only voted no because you were completely right in my misunderstanding and in that it case could've been improved.

1 hour ago, Ice said:

If they are turned red, would you want it to be for the whole round, or would you want them to turn red when they hurt a ct and then gradually fade back to normal color? Red stands out like a sore thumb on most maps, so if you are sniping and stay red forever, it will be much easier for cts to spot your hiding spot.

I played on PG's jb for a bit and they have a perma-red coloring plugin. It honestly isn't too bad for a rebeller and I like it, it adds a GTA feel to the game because you know you're 100% fucked if seen. The announcement plugin's a pretty neat alternative to coloring.

8 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I played on PG's jb for a bit and they have a perma-red coloring plugin. It honestly isn't too bad for a rebeller and I like it, it adds a GTA feel to the game because you know you're 100% fucked if seen. The announcement plugin's a pretty neat alternative to coloring.

Yeah, but perma coloring the rebeller creates a lot of issues as well that just the chat announcement doesn't, like for example, if you get pardoned (Which happends almost every single round) would the admins have to uncolor every single one that rebelled, what happends if no admins are on etc.

Also, pGs jailbreak server may have a lot of players but imo it's a lot of cluster, CTs camping armory, CTs are allowed to run into the vent at the start of the round, backtrack and so much more.

Also merged the posts for you hehe :D

Definitely should keep the new lego map if we are having rebelling problems (since it's a lot more open than the old version) , but I think its a bit over kill to announce exactly who is rebelling. Certain maps make it a lot easier to rebel if you know most of the secrets, like Obama for example, but most of the maps either don't have a lot of vents or secrets or its generally just more difficult to rebel on, and with this announcement thing it could make rebelling on these maps a lot harder, I think fentex is a good example of this (very open and has a little amount of vents).

(mainly speaking about secret gun spots in cells)

Also, this announcement could basically eliminate the strat of shooting in a stack of Ts.

10 hours ago, Hawk said:

Rootbeer, the annoucement would show up in chat and tell the CTs which T is shooting a gun, not just announce that someone is rebelling.

Rooty, the ts would not be colored at all, just display who the rebeller is in chat.

TFW Hawk ignores you for Rootbeer

I moved lego_jail to can't be nominated list, so it can still be played if an admin force-switch to it, so that means once in a while we can play the old version while we still have the more balanced version on the server, hopefully this will satisfy the people that voted for lego_jail to stay.

The announcement will NOT be added for now.

Thanks for your input.

How about head armor lol and not getting one tapper by a glock or usp when someone has a rifle :)