Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawk

NEW: sm_hosties and thirdperson command

sm_hosties has now been added to jailbreak.

It allows people to get a LR menu, you can choose from list that includes stuff like knife fight, s4s, custom lr, etc.

I know a lot of people have wanted this on jailbreak for a while. Now we have custom lr as well as some automated for the basic stuff.

Also /thirdperson is now a commad for SO+

Hope you guys enjoy it and thanks to @KiD Fearless for helping out.

(It will probably be a couple of bugs and such since it just got added, please go to the bugs subforum if you find any and we will try to fix as much as possible)

http://www.joinsg.net/bugs/jailbreak/

I really like the !LR plugin but it did bring up a questionable scenario. We had a rebeller survive to be last surviving T (was specifically not pardonned) and used the !lr plugin to get an advantage over the CTs hunting him (chose the rebel LR which gives the LR guy 350hp). Normally a rebeller would not have LR nor be pardoned for simply being last surviving T so this would be the equivalent of an admin giving him 350 hp for no reason. We don't have any rule against the last rebeller accessing this command and this is the only !LR that doesn't need a CT to approve (which I assume is so the ct's don't prefire->accept->instakill) so I suggest either 1) adding a rule for the last surviving t to not be allowed to use this command if he was a rebeller and not pardoned or 2) requiring a ct to approve of it but this is easily abusable by a ct for my above assumption so I'd honestly suggest option 1 instead. Additionally, we could implement the plugin where rebellers get colored red if they do any rebellious actions like shooting a gun or killing a ct and simply edit the !lr plugin to not be accessible by these tagged players (unless a warden cleans their tags with !pardon namehere or forces them the menu with !lr namehere or something) but this requires actual work and who wants to do that?

Of a few other servers that I have played on, the rebel lr was perfectly fine for rebelling t's to use (gives them a chance in a 1vX scenario they would usually lose since it gives hp based on how many cts are alive at the time), so I would recommend that if you don't want this functionally, make the rebel lr blocked if the hosties command flagged you as rebelling (don't block the entire menu as the other lrs already require the ct you are going against to accept the request if you are rebelling), don't just add a rule against it. Otherwise, people will come from other jb servers that run the command and think it is fine to chose the rebel lr when they are already rebelling and then get punished for that. Or just be like other servers and allow rebels to use the rebel lr and get a decent chance as the last t alive like how other servers do it. Either way would be better (at least in my opinion) than adding a rule against using it while rebelling.

Rebellers should not be able to get lr without the CTs approval and the plugin should be able to detect this (If it doesn't work properly admins can also abort the lr with !stoplr, !abortlr and !cancellr)

Also, I agree with you @Rootbeer and I have disabled the rebel option in the lr menu.

I have also increased the round start mute on Ts to 60 seconds from 30.