Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawk

Jailbreak Map Removal (Post your opinion)

I see no point in waiting, let's get started right away.

I suggest that some maps will get removed, I wanna hear your opinion on it. (I will probably make mutiple post like this in the future asking for your opinion on different things, just to make as many people happy as possible).

Maps:

ba_jail_downview_csgo_v3
ba_jail_gamers_prison_csgo_v2
jb_hostile2_default_sgfix
ba_jailbreak_rectangle
ba_new_prsion_break_beta
jb_deco_v4b
jb_iron_go
jb_fortify_v2-2
jb_junglejail_v3 (Keep)
jb_quake_a03
jb_legoland

Added to remove list:
jb_renegade_v4
jb_ivanns_is_a_faggot_csgo_v2
jb_sg_blek_cocks_csgo_final
jb_lego_prison_v1

Screenshots (If you don't know the map by name):

https://imgur.com/a/i5r1T2H

These maps are one or more of the following:

• Way too big and makes it into a walking simulator game.
  • Boring/not played (Yes, you can always come up with games but most wardens doesn't atm, so it gets boring and the server goes down in population).
  • Crashing the server/broken games/bugs.
  • Unfair for CT/T (Example: Way too easy for ts to rebel and kills the server because the CTs stand no chance)

I understand that some of you may find some maps nostalgic and do not wanna remove them for that reason, but I suggest that you guys think about what is best for the server at the moment and if the map actually is as good as the maps not mentioned on this list.

Let me know what you guys think, or if you feel like some maps are missing from this list.

I would like if fortify could stay because just recently i played with a few other ppl on low pop and it was actually really fun

28 minutes ago, Rock said:

I would like if fortify could stay because just recently i played with a few other ppl on low pop and it was actually really fun

Yeah, fortify is pretty fun, especially the board game. The reason it is on the list is because it has crashed the server mutiple times and I am not finding an updated version.

1 hour ago, tazmanianxdude said:

Legoland is pretty big but has a lot of minigames I really enjoy it, what's wrong with that map?

That map is huge imo. The problem with way to big maps is that the rounds takes so much time, if you die early it's really boring to wait for most people.

For example: I am new to the server, I die early because the warden said that I had to face my cell and do a 180, I was not paying that much attention so I got killed, someone said they wanted to play surf, at this point it's 2 min in the round and it takes at least 1 min to shiftwalk and start playing surf, they kill off some ts and have to walk across half the map (And like I said, it's huge), one t gets lr but the cts have to search the map for rebellers.

I think you get my point, but that's just my opinion, please question it if you disagree.

54 minutes ago, Hawk said:

That map is huge imo. The problem with way to big maps is that the rounds takes so much time, if you die early it's really boring to wait for most people.

For example: I am new to the server, I die early because the warden said that I had to face my cell and do a 180, I was not paying that much attention so I got killed, someone said they wanted to play surf, at this point it's 2 min in the round and it takes at least 1 min to shiftwalk and start playing surf, they kill off some ts and have to walk across half the map (And like I said, it's huge), one t gets lr but the cts have to search the map for rebellers.

I think you get my point, but that's just my opinion, please question it if you disagree.

Can always fix the !games plugin to pass the time. There are definitely maps on this list that I don’t see that need to go I think jb_ivannsafaggot or something like that was a map I dreaded playing because it killed the server or crashed it. 

And i though jb_jungle was fine that nap is actually decent unless it breaks the server 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Can always fix the !games plugin to pass the time. There are definitely maps on this list that I don’t see that need to go I think jb_ivannsafaggot or something like that was a map I dreaded playing because it killed the server or crashed it. 

And i though jb_jungle was fine that nap is actually decent unless it breaks the server 

!games is mostly broken, since a lot of the games pop (if not all) pop up in a MOTD page which was disabled in Panorama, I also agree jungle jail is a fun map that I like a lot. Too pass time we have /RPS (Rock paper scissors) which we should think of new ways to pass time or lower round time? 7-8 minutes is a good time and gives just enough time to get stuff done and get someone LR.

I am convinced and jungle jail will stay.

Also, about the round time part, I talked a bit with cows (The god of JB) about it this morning to get some input on things and he feel like it is not a good option to reduce the round time cause it will probably not help. I feel like if the admins pushed the wardens to speed it up a bit that would be better, cause currently pretty much no one is doing that. I have some other advice for the admins that I will post in another thread so I will make sure to include that as well.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Unfortunately, CS:GO does not support motd boxes anymore, therefore, the !games plugin will most likely not be making a return. At least not in the same manner it was before. But like vexer stated in the post above /RPS (Rock Paper Scissors) is still on the server and working.

2 hours ago, Hawk said:

For example: I am new to the server, I die early because the warden said that I had to face my cell and do a 180, I was not paying that much attention so I got killed

To be honest that's a whole different problem completely, killwhoring at round start for simply looking away from cells should be against the rules at this point with how often people use it simply to get a free kill at the start. You could argue that we should be stricter at enforcing the no killwhoring rule here but these kills are always gray (prisoner could be looking to escape, aiming a gun/nade, looking away and fidgeting left and right which is quite common and can spook CTs, etc) and an admin can't respawn if any of these are the case (which we won't know is true or not).

I agree though on the large maps that take a long time for players to traverse/large empty maps with no games. I've seen it happen a handful of times where we finally manage to get the server popped but someone eventually forgets to nominate a map and a poopy one like jb_sg_blek_cocks gets voted up as the lesser evil. We might play the paltry 2-3 games it has for a few rounds but then the pop will just die down after that. I'd def be okay with removing a good majority of these maps, at least temporarily until we have a good surviving population going.

Thank you for your opinion, I highly agree and I have been looking into a solution to the first problem you stated.

The second statement is also spot on, that being said I have decided to add the following maps to the list:
jb_renegade_v4 (Map is big, has boring games and some bugs, also castledev is pretty similar but better)
jb_ivanns_is_a_faggot_csgo_v2 (Disco is really loud, bugs, t-sided, crashes)
jb_sg_blek_cocks_csgo_final (Not many games, big map, etc.)
jb_lego_prison_v1 (Another version of the classic lego jail, but this one is not as good, I see no point in having 2 versions on the server)

@Rootbeer

I nominate to remove blackout Kappa

But really, looking through all these maps, i agree with removing them at least with the current state of the population as Rootbeer stated.

Now if i remember correctly "jb_ivanns_is_a_faggot_csgo_v2" was one map that had a anime room, that's something that i'm going to miss greatly. FeelsBadMan

15 hours ago, Hawk said:

Thank you for your opinion, I highly agree and I have been looking into a solution to the first problem you stated.

The second statement is also spot on, that being said I have decided to add the following maps to the list:
jb_renegade_v4 (Map is big, has boring games and some bugs, also castledev is pretty similar but better)
jb_ivanns_is_a_faggot_csgo_v2 (Disco is really loud, bugs, t-sided, crashes)
jb_sg_blek_cocks_csgo_final (Not many games, big map, etc.)
jb_lego_prison_v1 (Another version of the classic lego jail, but this one is not as good, I see no point in having 2 versions on the server)

@Rootbeer

I actually like LEGO Prison more, it’s the same map just more map games and adds less opportunity to rebel from a wider cell block, all the vents are in the same spots just different ways to access a few, the reason we got it added was for the purpose of having less rebels, it also gave a purpose to the ZFD room which was literally never used.

also I’m gonna miss blek cocks, but it is a population killer and T’s always win when there’s less than 5 CT’s

1 hour ago, Travesty said:

I don't see Clouds on that list.

The only issue I've ever had with clouds is the teleport... it's so hard for CTs to control if Ts are actively trying to rebel. It'd be nice if the teleport to go back to cell area was in a different location than where the teleport out of cells placed Ts, so they couldn't run back in immediately after going there. Also, placing CTs and Ts in different spots when going through is always a nice idea, so CTs can get thru if things are going crazy...

3 minutes ago, Moose said:

The only issue I've ever had with clouds is the teleport... it's so hard for CTs to control if Ts are actively trying to rebel. It'd be nice if the teleport to go back to cell area was in a different location than where the teleport out of cells placed Ts, so they couldn't run back in immediately after going there. Also, placing CTs and Ts in different spots when going through is always a nice idea, so CTs can get thru if things are going crazy...

Sorry if I’m wrong but the teleport does put the ct’s In a different area it puts them near the exit of armory on the rock.

2 minutes ago, Wolfshade said:

Sorry if I’m wrong but the teleport does put the ct’s In a different area it puts them near the exit of armory on the rock.

Yes, this is correct. The new clouds5 does this, however the portal is located at the same place for everyone.

Not to mention the fact that it's a really fun map, that probably has the highest chance of populating a server quick out of all the maps.

People love the map and it has been a classic for a really long time. It would be stupid to remove such map imo.

10 minutes ago, Wolfshade said:

It does, but there's no real barrier or anything as the Ts can get there in sub 3 seconds of running thru the teleport. I don't know how many times I've just ran thru and jumped, ran up the ladder and stabbed a CT in the back, and even if I die there's a good chance the CTs gun ended up in the pile of Ts. Also, if things are going badly, on that side of the teleporter, CTs holding the other side are most likely going to die going thru... 

The following maps have been removed:
ba_jail_downview_csgo_v3
ba_jailbreak_rectangle
ba_new_prsion_break_beta
jb_deco_v4b
jb_iron_go
jb_fortify_v2-2
jb_quake_a03
jb_legoland
jb_renegade_v4

Moved to can't be nominated:

Keeping:
jb_lego_prison_v1
jb_junglejail_v3

27 minutes ago, Hawk said:

The following maps have been removed:
ba_jail_downview_csgo_v3
ba_jailbreak_rectangle
ba_new_prsion_break_beta
jb_deco_v4b
jb_iron_go
jb_fortify_v2-2
jb_quake_a03
jb_legoland
jb_renegade_v4 

Moved to can't be nominated:

our new kING will make waKANDA sG sTRONg again

I can feel for map makers not wanting to start a whole other map and putting all the games on one map but it really was the downfall of JB for me. And is the main reason why I dislike clouds so much (not only for the rebelling). Map game after map game after map game gets boring quick once you've played every map game 1,000 times.

JB was and always will be for human interaction between giving orders and rebelling those orders. Just playing map games all map is not the JB I want to play anymore.

Open areas on maps are really great for jailbreak to do unique things with the space. On Clouds, there aren't many open areas except for Soccer. Everything is constrained forcing Wardens to go to a map game.

Yes, aesthetically the map looks the best. And the games on it are pretty cool too. However personally, I don't think it's good map design for the Jailbreak I loved.

Anyways that's just me. Getting rid of it at this point is a losing battle with our struggling pop anyhow.

14 hours ago, Travesty said:

I can feel for map makers not wanting to start a whole other map and putting all the games on one map but it really was the downfall of JB for me. And is the main reason why I dislike clouds so much (not only for the rebelling). Map game after map game after map game gets boring quick once you've played every map game 1,000 times.

JB was and always will be for human interaction between giving orders and rebelling those orders. Just playing map games all map is not the JB I want to play anymore.

Open areas on maps are really great for jailbreak to do unique things with the space. On Clouds, there aren't many open areas except for Soccer. Everything is constrained forcing Wardens to go to a map game.

Yes, aesthetically the map looks the best. And the games on it are pretty cool too. However personally, I don't think it's good map design for the Jailbreak I loved.

Anyways that's just me. Getting rid of it at this point is a losing battle with our struggling pop anyhow.

And that's why blackout is the best. Literally only 2 playable map games. Everything else is my amazing creativity. 

6 minutes ago, Beerman said:

And that's why blackout is the best. Literally only 2 playable map games. Everything else is my amazing creativity. 

Love it when beerman has had a few beers and orders me around like the bitch I am