Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainsurge

Bought a 1080, should I be worried about temps?

Well, I decided I would spend some of my hard earned good boy points and buy a new graphics card (currently have a 1050 ti). So with that, I decided to kinda go all out and buy a 1080. I bought a new psu to accompany it, because my current would be just at the minimum recommended wattage, and I don't feel like frying my $500 gpu. But I also don't want it to melt. Do any of you have a 1080 or experience with high end gpus, and do they overheat terribly? I've read about the blower cards having heat issues, but this one is obviously different with the two fans. I read the reviews and I didn't see very many problems, but was a little concerned with the only truly negative reviews inciting peoples cards LITERALLY lighting on fire. I don't plan on overclocking, which is one of the only other things I can think of that will stress/overheat the card aside from putting it under heavy load. I guess i'm just asking for some incite from people who may own a 1080 and get some feedback on their temps.

103a63fe96040e2c7b7cb8d7eda9d700.png

36 minutes ago, Sean said:

Depends on airflow homie. What sort of case it is? How are your fans looking?

Meant to include in the original post. Airway is cool, its sitting on my floor away from my walls so none of the exit vents are blocked. I've got a CORSAIR CARBIDE 100R Mid-Tower Case. The airflow on the case is not awful but I should probably upgrade, and I've currently got 3 fans on the inside.

I have a 1080 and only two fans.

Never have had a problem with mine and I bet your airflow is better than mine lol.

Have the exact same card, under max load I capped out at 63c*, it's pretty damn near silent.

Max OC I got was another 100mhz offset, anything higher just did a fart and crashed.

recommended :)

*Granted you have a half decent airflow configuration.