Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dylan

Jailbreak Server Suggestions

These are things I feel fundamental to the Jailbreak server if anyone has any other suggestions and or comments I'd appreciate all sides.

• Add automated message for Custom LR page (Give new Players an idea of all the creative custom LR’s we have) Preferably this page since @Papyrus has recently updated it.
  • Work on !LR for new players (alot of newer players are used to LR commands so they always attempt the !LR command if achieved My plan is to have the plugin have, this will also help when wardens are only accepting basic LR)
    EXAMPLES:TjnmVhG.png  bMUItW0.png

• The reduction of T skin prices (I feel certain skins are too expensive for people to attempt to get and some people enjoying earning skins.)
      Ex. OldTimey Prison (5000)
             Female Prison (15000)
             BBC (50000)
             Rocket Racoon (250000)
      These are just numbers I feel would be appropriate not a set price I'd ask for.
  • Add in a rule preventing kill-whoring. (Sometimes on the server with like 20-25 people on someone gets on and starts to kill-whore and the population will drop significantly, No one wants to play with these type of people and they're the only ones who enjoy it.)
    No kill-whoring- Killing terrorist for accidental mistakes. 
    EX. if a T steps a single foot off the designated path and a CT kills them for it.
    EX2.  Warden says "all T's run and follow me" Don't kill someone for shift walking for one second.
  • Ultimately for a rule like this, I'd advise that it would be SO+ Discretion, This is a really grey area on the fact that it's very hard to enforce, I prefer other peoples comments on this on other ways to try to help with this. 

I like the reducing prices on skins idea but maybe we could also incorporate a free/cheap skin so new players could have some freedom of choice and then unlock the other skins later. If I joined a new server, and saw that there was a cheap skin I could buy easily, i’d keep playing until I got that skin. Think of it as milestones. Just some thoughts.

The LR plugin seems like a good idea dm it might help move end of rounds faster and quicker. I think one issue is just just getting someone to code one that matchess to our server and rules. 

Ex: last rebelling would get automatic lr if it would target him. 

Warden would need way of declining Lrs in that matter. 

I do do agree with cheaper skins. Maybe get other ones that are cheaper because it takes hours to even achieve the amount of credits for a gernade skin or trail.

Killwhoring definitely needs more set guidelines and cracked down on. I know I’m guilty especially when ts are really trying to rebel and get antsy when telling them to drop a gun and they turn to face me to drop it. I think there needs a better way to explain rules to new jb players especially ones that don’t the game mode.

Many good ideas here.

Skin price reduction would be nice but they shouldn't be reduced to much to still make people who want them to put effort into getting them we don't want to make the skin prices so low that they seem super easy to get.

Rules to prevent killwhoring would be helpful in keeping the population up but enforcement, in my opinion, is kind of a gray area because of one admin's view on killwhoring could be different from the next.

More events? Reward players who stay on the server for more than 30-60 minutes with credits? 

Or maybe some sort of mini game that dead players can do while waiting for the round to end? Because waiting dead for 10 minutes always makes me leave

7 hours ago, EL_PATRON said:

More events? Reward players who stay on the server for more than 30-60 minutes with credits? 

Or maybe some sort of mini game that dead players can do while waiting for the round to end? Because waiting dead for 10 minutes always makes me leave

The rewards thing was added but honestly didn’t really bring in anyone, you get 10 extra credits per 10 minutes(?) awarded for being on during a weekend.

I know we have Rock Paper Scissors unless it was disabled but that’s not a lot of fun after playing a few rounds, maybe we could add a DM plugin for when you’re dead just run around killing people? @bulletford don’t we have something like that on TTTGO or TTT?

Also since I’ve seen it happen a few times, Rule Clarification on Cells not being opened before 9 does not mean CT slay day, it becomes an irrevocable Freeday. @Wolfshade@Papyrus@TheOrangeGrape  

Irrevocable Freeday is given if…

Cell doors aren’t opened by 9:00 (1:00 into the round).

Cell doors are opened before any orders are given.

!lr should say something to the effect of "We don't have a plugin, type what you want and the warden (or admin) will decide if you get it."

Everytime a new player types !lr it takes 2 minutes for the warden to coach them into typing sonic freeday. 

41 minutes ago, vexer said:

The rewards thing was added but honestly didn’t really bring in anyone, you get 10 extra credits per 10 minutes(?) awarded for being on during a weekend.

I know we have Rock Paper Scissors unless it was disabled but that’s not a lot of fun after playing a few rounds, maybe we could add a DM plugin for when you’re dead just run around killing people? @bulletford don’t we have something like that on TTTGO or TTT?

Also since I’ve seen it happen a few times, Rule Clarification on Cells not being opened before 9 does not mean CT slay day, it becomes an irrevocable Freeday. @Wolfshade@Papyrus@TheOrangeGrape  

Not on ttt or tttgo we don’t have any dm for the dead players

44 minutes ago, The Ben said:

Not on ttt or tttgo we don’t have any dm for the dead players

Maybe it was another server but I do remember playing it somewhere (Maybe TTT Custom).

1 hour ago, Beerman said:

!lr should say something to the effect of "We don't have a plugin, type what you want and the warden (or admin) will decide if you get it."

Everytime a new player types !lr it takes 2 minutes for the warden to coach them into typing sonic freeday. 

That's why I put those menus as an example and want the LR page to be posted every like 10-15 minutes so when a new player is on they can see what Custom LR is without having to learn on the spot.

3 hours ago, vexer said:

http://prntscr.com/k5rles ? 9th (last) rule there explains that it should be a ct slay day if cells are not opened by 9:00

2 hours ago, vexer said:

That's why I put those menus as an example and want the LR page to be posted every like 10-15 minutes so when a new player is on they can see what Custom LR is without having to learn on the spot.

It could also be apart of the rules menu.

20 minutes ago, Sponsored said:

Add back Cookie Clicker !!

Or some of the other games we had in the past along with RPS.

I'm pretty sure that and all of the games are still on the server it's just broken.

10 minutes ago, Sakarra said:

It could also be apart of the rules menu.

I'm pretty sure that and all of the games are still on the server it's just broken.

Then we should fix them if they are actually there. (Yo @Pike did you remove them and if not what was the command again?)

Pretty sure they all worked in the past, but then just suddenly stopped working.

31 minutes ago, Sponsored said:

Then we should fix them if they are actually there. (Yo @Pike did you remove them and if not what was the command again?)

Pretty sure they all worked in the past, but then just suddenly stopped working.

its /games me and @Papyrus Were trying to get it to work this morning and nothing was working.

On 7/12/2018 at 2:33 PM, vexer said:

its /games me and @Papyrus Were trying to get it to work this morning and nothing was working.

@AntiTeal's games plugin broke a long time ago when Valve required all webpages that were opened by a server to start with http:// and https:// iirc. His sounds and youtube plugins on Zombie Escape also broke at the same due to this csgo update.