Sign in to follow this  
Im-A-Dragon

Rule clarification for map DE_Icewerk

> Map Specific Rules:

cs_militia

Being on top of the silos is legal.

de_icewerk

Mountain areas where you can see through textures are illegal.

Mountain areas where you cannot see through textures are legal.

Areas on top of garage where you can see through textures are illegal.

So yesterday an admin actually forced me not to be on these mountains, claiming it had been talked about and was a rule not to be there. To clarify, I was on top of the mountains, but I could not see through any textures and was visible from the ground / shootable / targetable (you get the idea.) 

I don't have a problem if it's against the rules, but I definitely request the rule be clarified here and flagged to be changed. I know our ENG's are busy, but rule issues are definitely not where we want questions to arise!

Thanks - Dragon

That is one of the issues with SO's vs rules. UNFORTUNATELY even if you know your in the right do what the SO tells you get some S.S. of where you are what your doing get the SO's name go to complaint department make your case if it is more of a grief then a rule issue. If not do what your doing here state your case share some demos or S.S. tag face, skitt, thorgot, or another SO you trust. In the end you can hopefully get the SO in question educated or at best put them in their place ( I love doing that one ). Just remember everyone is human. 

Changes in war3 have been told to war3 supporters and SOs.  Guess what I haven't heard about...this supposed rule change!

If the rules were changed, all SOs would have known about it and would have told the population every time we would go to icewerk that it had been changed.  The cool thing, the rules for icewerk haven't changed in a long time.  There was a time when being on the cliffs was illegal, but that changed a few YEARS ago.  Yes, the area above the garage part of the overpass where you can see through the texture is illegal.  That is the only part of the cliff area that is illegal.

EsIKbN0.png

If people are causing you grief, let me know.  Add me on steam and I can hop on if I'm not at work.

Edited by Bear-Man-Thing

45 minutes ago, infested marine said:

It is in the rules you cannot be up there under de_icewerk, this rule has been there like forever

http://www.joinsg.net/page/motd/war3

Mmmmm, it was changed a few years back stating you can go up there. Dragon even posted the current rules. It states you can be up there if as long as you're seeing through textures. The area you can see through textures is on top of the garage area on the overpass. You can check yourself.

Wish we could just barrier the mountains tbh, like it's not against the rules but it still feels really cheap to die to someone cause you didn't immediately look up at the sky when you walked outside  

Like I said, I'm genuinely not picking sides, just trying to get the rules for this particular situation clarified so I know whats allowed and whats not ^_^. Since I was getting mixed results when asking in game, and the posted rules are what I posted above. 

The problem is with this situation is every SO/Staff member has either been told or says something different. 

I would just listen to whoever is on the server? But if you cant see through textures I wouldn't see why you could not be up there.

2 hours ago, -Sharp- said:

The problem is with this situation is every SO/Staff member has either been told or says something different. 

I would just listen to whoever is on the server? But if you cant see through textures I wouldn't see why you could not be up there.

Or you could just follow the motd.  Like we've done since forever.

If it's not in the motd, let em' fly.

15 hours ago, Bear-Man-Thing said:

Or you could just follow the motd.  Like we've done since forever.

If it's not in the motd, then it's admin discretion.