Sign in to follow this  
trav

War3 CS:GO 5v5 Competitive Tournament - Poll

War3 CS:GO 5v5 Competitive Tournament  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in playing in a War3 CS:GO 5v5 Competitive Tournament?

• Yes
    • I'm just here to show you that I viewed this thread and I like to vote on things that don't interest me.
    • I'm finally ready to come out... I'm gay.

3 hours ago, -Sharp- said:

WAIT EXPERTISES?

The aim is to reduce variation as much as possible, making things a level playing field and consistent. Hence the all maxed races, removal of shop and the careful curation of races.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, o4Leafo said:

Racepool should be 10-15 max in my opinion, map pool should be limited to 5-7 evenly based maps that are big enough not to be spawn killed in first 15-20 sec (or something to counter the issue), should be first to 16 unless 15-15 then ot, i think tourny should be 8 teams of 5, teams are first matched by random against another (for first round), no shopmenu, if hostage maps there needs to be a cap with speed while carrying, no ultimates that can kill (or use best judgement) around the hostage/ bomb zone (not specifically bomb but the whole zone area), no 1 minute have to do obj rule bc u can save weapons/gear, time decreased of round to comp time (2 min i think), no giving money (should be earned at a rate similar to comp not casual, armor not given but has to be bought (same w/ defuse kits), no weapons that are "broken on characters" (ex. negev on machinegunner), no ultimates that can kill a person without them even being shot or seen by an enemy (pretty sure soul reaper? or whatever race wish uses that does that), no team damage (so causal, not like comp), there needs to be at least one supervisor in each match in case an exploit is found they can stop it then and there, i suggest no super dooper long jump races that can travel around map in 5 sec, but thats just my opinion, no wall hack races! No respawns including from races that respawn teamates, no transfering money (if you require a weapon from team have them drop), there are many more things but im pretty sure @face / @man-bears common sense will rule out many of those questions.  

First Round:

• best of 1 series
  • randomly matched against opponent team
  • Map is chosen by each team eliminating 1 map after another until 1 left (assuming odd # ex.7)
    • side chosen for best of 1 by coin flip?(not sure yet bc both teams eliminate same amount of maps)
  • after 15 rounds flip sides 
    • change races (if needed)
  • Races can be chosen freely from however many, and both teams will know what they're playing against in order to counter if needed.
    • the idea of i pick 1 race then other team picks 1 is stupid imo, bc then u cant change after your locked in
  • Winners move to "upper bracket", and losers move to "lower bracket"
    • if a team loses they will get 1 more chance through the lower bracket

Second Round:

• best of three series
  • map decided by each team picking one then eliminations till last map
  • Upper bracket
    • 4 teams left, their opponent will be one of upper bracket preferable using the "bracket system" (so if teams A, B, C, D win into upper A&B face off & C&D)
    • 2 teams will continue on to upper bracket 2 will drop lower and face off the winners of the losers brackets 1st round (they will not face eachother they both face one of the winners in the losers bracket)
  • Lower bracket the 1st round losers will face eachother 2 will be eliminated from competition

Third Round:

• best of three series
  • Upper bracket
    • 2 teams left, the winner will move to finals and loser will face whoever wins the losers bracket overall
  • Lower bracket
    • 4 teams, 2 teams are eliminated and 2 continue on to face the losers of winers bracket second round

Losers Bracket Semifinals/finals:

• the two winners from lower brackets second round face eachother and the winer of that faces upper brackets last loser.
  • the winner of the lower brackets finals move to the grand finals with winner of upper bracket.

Finals:

• Best of 5 with winner of upper bracket gaining a 1 map advantage
    • idk about best of 5, depending on if ppl dont mind the tourny being multiple days?

Conclusion-

I have many ideas, feel free to message me on steam.

This event should be run by an active member of the warcraft server!

I'm pretty sure i left so many things out, but i will try and relay my thoughts to individuals involved.

-Thank You

Great suggestions. thank you

IDK if I missed this or not in the few months I took off, but I took the liberty of making a list of races I think would be a good fit for this sort of event. One thing I was really looking at was whether or not the race received free weapons. Considering Crusader's Wish would most likely be disabled, I felt as though that would be too much of an advantage, so I made sure not to pick those races for this list.

Sorry for the Lack of a table. I don't know if I can or how to do it on this forum.

Knife Races

• Flame Predator
  • Kil'Jaeden the Deceiver
  • Tiny
  • Frodo Baggins
  • Plaguebearer
  • Gargoyle
  • Ogre Stonethrower
  • Troll of Tel-Jilad
  • Zergling
  • Bunnicula
  • Shadow Monkey