Sign in to follow this  
trav

War3 CS:GO 5v5 Competitive Tournament - Poll

War3 CS:GO 5v5 Competitive Tournament  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in playing in a War3 CS:GO 5v5 Competitive Tournament?

• Yes
    • I'm just here to show you that I viewed this thread and I like to vote on things that don't interest me.
    • I'm finally ready to come out... I'm gay.

Would you be interested in playing in a War3 CS:GO 5v5 Competitive Tournament?

It would be a standard 5v5 Tournament with but with 20-40 curated races selected by Face himself.

• No shop
  • Everyone starts off with max level or limited to 10
  • Possibly limiting your choice of race at the start of each half
Edited by Travesty

Would be pretty interesting to see the team compositions tbh, especially if races are limited. I don't see an issue with having them not limited though -- our current restrictions are fine enough. 5 Orcs is annoying to deal with but there are tons of other comps that I can think of off the top of my head that could easily beat that.

As for levels, I think it'd be best for them to all be fully leveled races. A fully leveled race tourney vs a lvl 10 only race tourney are two completely different tournaments, entirely different categories imo. The latter would also completely eliminate knife races, since most of them aren't good/playable until they're fully leveled.

H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E

What if we did it so that once a race was chosen, that same one cannot be picked again (similar to a MOBA).

Players Draft at the start of each match?!!?!

Here’s what I would do, little room for change:

Curated race list (not too many healers or knife races etc)

1 race per player per half (no spam swapping)

1 race limit per team (no duplicates)

No shop items

No Database connection... every race is maxed by default. No xp or stats maintained.

Other than that it’d be normal CSGO.

I’d have to be very careful with what respawn races to allow, if any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

following MOBA rules - They have a pool of 10-20 races to choose from, and each team has roughly 2 classes they can ban , limiting the pool a bit more.

Example - I know i want to play a knife class, so I ban Molecule so that way when I pick flame pred, they can't immediately counter me.

And much like a moba its a rotating pick. 

1-2-3
4-5-6

So 1 picks, then 4-5 can pick their races and then 2-3 are allowed to pick and  6 gets to pick his class so he can counter/assist his team in any way dependant on how the enemy team has picked/his own team strats.

Think like a League ranked game is ran. Same way would work.

Seems pertty ambitious and if it works well, it can be a staple event to happen every few months. 

25 minutes ago, Face said:

A curated race list is fine imo. I do think we should allow racechanging between rounds though. As much of a meme as it is, the game really is balanced towards countering other players' races. If a sensei is causing too much trouble for your team, you swap to dreadknight or bloodseeker. If someone is getting real sweaty is 24-0 with 20 headshots, you swap to Krillin or Nightelf. I wouldn't want someone locking in a knife race then finding a Dreadknight on the other team without being able to swap for half a match, those 15 rounds of hell would ruin the whole tournament for that player imo.

57 minutes ago, Face said:

Here’s what I would do, little room for change:

1 race limit per team (no duplicates)

No shop items

No Database connection... every race is maxed by default. No xp or stats maintained.

Other than that it’d be normal CSGO.

I’d have to be very careful with what respawn races to allow, if any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like these changes but I wish it would reward the winning team something like one level to your level bank or allow you to change your rotd etc

We need people interested in a tournament like this before any of this happens...

So if you think someone on the War3 server might be interested but doesn't visit the forums, make sure they vote! 

Ideally we'd like to get at least 8 teams, which means at least 40 people should be interested in playing.

4 hours ago, Mark from Facebook said:

following MOBA rules - They have a pool of 10-20 races to choose from, and each team has roughly 2 classes they can ban , limiting the pool a bit more.

Example - I know i want to play a knife class, so I ban Molecule so that way when I pick flame pred, they can't immediately counter me.

And much like a moba its a rotating pick. 

1-2-3
4-5-6

So 1 picks, then 4-5 can pick their races and then 2-3 are allowed to pick and  6 gets to pick his class so he can counter/assist his team in any way dependant on how the enemy team has picked/his own team strats.

Think like a League ranked game is ran. Same way would work.

Seems pertty ambitious and if it works well, it can be a staple event to happen every few months. 

This is too complicated. Knowing the big brain war3 pop, it would take days for them to actually get through this phase.

What about stacked respawn races? Will there be a cap on them?

Holy pal,
Priest,
Lord Jarax,

Just to name a few would easily turn at 5v5 into a 5v9+

It would be interesting to see comps, and allowing for like single player swap outs would be interesting too.

Maybe allow players to chose 2 races for this purpose

OR

Allow for a team to choose a pool of around 12~~ races and allow occasional changes

Those are my only real thoughts on changing it up from normal comp, besides that I am very interested to see what people tend to chose

I posted this event idea on the server. There are a number of people that are interested, but with logistical questions that I'll put on here. Do we know the logistics of how the event would take place? How many maps per round? Amount of times to choose a race? etc.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, waylon331 said:

This would be great, I already play league draft matches. I know the rules and I am good to go. rottweiler ftw.

bans rottweiler

Racepool should be 10-15 max in my opinion, map pool should be limited to 5-7 evenly based maps that are big enough not to be spawn killed in first 15-20 sec (or something to counter the issue), should be first to 16 unless 15-15 then ot, i think tourny should be 8 teams of 5, teams are first matched by random against another (for first round), no shopmenu, if hostage maps there needs to be a cap with speed while carrying, no ultimates that can kill (or use best judgement) around the hostage/ bomb zone (not specifically bomb but the whole zone area), no 1 minute have to do obj rule bc u can save weapons/gear, time decreased of round to comp time (2 min i think), no giving money (should be earned at a rate similar to comp not casual, armor not given but has to be bought (same w/ defuse kits), no weapons that are "broken on characters" (ex. negev on machinegunner), no ultimates that can kill a person without them even being shot or seen by an enemy (pretty sure soul reaper? or whatever race wish uses that does that), no team damage (so causal, not like comp), there needs to be at least one supervisor in each match in case an exploit is found they can stop it then and there, i suggest no super dooper long jump races that can travel around map in 5 sec, but thats just my opinion, no wall hack races! No respawns including from races that respawn teamates, no transfering money (if you require a weapon from team have them drop), there are many more things but im pretty sure @face / @man-bears common sense will rule out many of those questions.  

First Round:

• best of 1 series
  • randomly matched against opponent team
  • Map is chosen by each team eliminating 1 map after another until 1 left (assuming odd # ex.7)
    • side chosen for best of 1 by coin flip?(not sure yet bc both teams eliminate same amount of maps)
  • after 15 rounds flip sides 
    • change races (if needed)
  • Races can be chosen freely from however many, and both teams will know what they're playing against in order to counter if needed.
    • the idea of i pick 1 race then other team picks 1 is stupid imo, bc then u cant change after your locked in
  • Winners move to "upper bracket", and losers move to "lower bracket"
    • if a team loses they will get 1 more chance through the lower bracket

Second Round:

• best of three series
  • map decided by each team picking one then eliminations till last map
  • Upper bracket
    • 4 teams left, their opponent will be one of upper bracket preferable using the "bracket system" (so if teams A, B, C, D win into upper A&B face off & C&D)
    • 2 teams will continue on to upper bracket 2 will drop lower and face off the winners of the losers brackets 1st round (they will not face eachother they both face one of the winners in the losers bracket)
  • Lower bracket the 1st round losers will face eachother 2 will be eliminated from competition

Third Round:

• best of three series
  • Upper bracket
    • 2 teams left, the winner will move to finals and loser will face whoever wins the losers bracket overall
  • Lower bracket
    • 4 teams, 2 teams are eliminated and 2 continue on to face the losers of winers bracket second round

Losers Bracket Semifinals/finals:

• the two winners from lower brackets second round face eachother and the winer of that faces upper brackets last loser.
  • the winner of the lower brackets finals move to the grand finals with winner of upper bracket.

Finals:

• Best of 5 with winner of upper bracket gaining a 1 map advantage
    • idk about best of 5, depending on if ppl dont mind the tourny being multiple days?

Conclusion-

I have many ideas, feel free to message me on steam.

This event should be run by an active member of the warcraft server!

I'm pretty sure i left so many things out, but i will try and relay my thoughts to individuals involved.

-Thank You

Edited by o4Leafo
spelling