Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

Second Wave Ability damage

Damage Taken from "¢løudStrife" - 80 in 1 hit

Why..why the hell does that god damn chicken mine deal 80 damage. Why the hell is that fair and balanced. 

Edited by turbulance

just shoot it 4Head

yeah i believe its super annoying that u lose over half your hp on a fast moving bomb

Because he literally camps in a corner with heal and shits them out over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Shooting them is cool when the hit box lets you and if your not walking around a corner or upstairs. 

16 hours ago, Nature said:

To be honest, its only a good race when cloud plays it

LOL. That is the joke of the year I could list SO many players that would do even better than cloud on it. 

Marzu, Carmi, Ghost, Me, Overeem. 

The race is just strong and imo that's the only "nerf" the race needs. 

43 minutes ago, -Sharp- said:

LOL. That is the joke of the year I could list SO many players that would do even better than cloud on it. 

Marzu, Carmi, Ghost, Me, Overeem. 

The race is just strong and imo that's the only "nerf" the race needs. 

How about add every player on the server to that list (who have it unlocked). It’s not hard to sit in a corner in your spawn and throw a 80 damage bomb every 30(?) seconds. Race is busted

22 hours ago, turbulance said:

Damage Taken from "¢løudStrife" - 80 in 1 hit

Why..why the hell does that god damn chicken mine deal 80 damage. Why the hell is that fair and balanced. 

I think 80 damage is kind of rare, I generally tend to take anywhere form 50-70 at the most, but on average I only take around 55 damage and that's on NE without any sort of damage reduction.

That being said, taking 80 damage from it is kind of ridiculous, however, I don't think it's that bad seeing as how you can shoot it and blow it up. If you hits you from around the corner and kills you, sucks dude. There are so many other things in this game that can insta kill or deal mass damage and in my own personal experience the seeker mine isn't any worse and doesn't give me that much trouble.

It's rare damage. If you get hit by it point blank it deals 80 damage. 50-80 damage from an Ability on a 25-30s that tracks players and can do AOE 50-80 damage is in fact super rare to the point of unique. People always say "well you can shoot it so shut up" as an excuse for it dealing that kind of damage. That is not an excuse and I would easily say many more victims are hit with corner/stair hits then it running straight at them while they spray at it and miss. Compounded by the fact this race has a massive heal on the same CD, choice of evasion, bonus gun perks, and a variety of other nifty tricks at its disposal. 

Edited by turbulance

13 minutes ago, turbulance said:

It's rare damage.

That is not an excuse and I would easily say many more victims are hit with corner/stair hits then it running straight at them while they spray at it and miss. 

So you admit that the 80 is RARE damage. It doesn't happen that often, not that that makes it less ridiculous of an amount of damage, but the fact it's not consistently dealing that much damage I don't think there is as much of a reason to freak out about it lol.

On to the next point, DON'T SPRAY! If you can't hit the thing because you are spraying too much then stop spraying. 50% of the time I can stand still, shoot the mine, then keep going. Don't panic when you see it, keep calm and aim bruh ;)

Last point, you are the guy who, in the past, has regularly told people not to complain about races because this is a mod based on counters and people just need to learn how to counter races that can be annoying. Why can't you do the same? Any race with speed can escape mines, if you have DR you can take mine hits no problem. Just counter it right?

Sure I am that guy but when something comes along and is just absurd I throw the nerf the fuck out of this what the fuck is this shit chatter everyone has a line and ya I let people cross it when they feel something is retarded and they just have to vent about it. This race has too much shit going for it and has an ability that is just too god damn strong. Only strong magic resist races really put a dent in this races damage and those are few and far between and the way damage has been reworked with that class the grenade still does 30-50 damage I know I have tried counter picking that race. I know we go back and forth on stuff and that is fine but I am standing strong on my stance about this race. I have let go of my opinions on things in the past by Face and others talking me down from it but not this race and not that damage. 

4 hours ago, Imperium said:

How about add every player on the server

uh its not that busted... shoot the mines? I mean i think cloud is better than half the server.

Just a fun tip: Shadow Hunter ult makes the chicken nade do almost no damage.

It does seem kinda silly with how frequent the chicken nades feel like they can be used. I'm guessing the cd for it starts when you plop the chicken down so you can have one waiting in the wings. Not sure exactly how it works, haven't given the race a go yet.

I do feel the damage on it is a tad high.

Edited by Mr_Oob

17 hours ago, Mr_Oob said:

Just a fun tip: Shadow Hunter ult makes the chicken nade do almost no damage.

It does seem kinda silly with how frequent the chicken nades feel like they can be used. I'm guessing the cd for it starts when you plop the chicken down so you can have one waiting in the wings. Not sure exactly how it works, haven't given the race a go yet.

I do feel the damage on it is a tad high.

The CD starts as soon as you use the ability, so you can in theory have all 3 out at the same time although I don't believe they can track the same target all at once.

On a side note, the race is just extremely strong in all it's aspects and the ability is really aids because of it's high variance and being difficult to counter besides just taking less damage