Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Thaco-Olmon

Map XP bonus

So I get the idea is to play under played maps, but when the server map list isn't curated at all and we have shit maps like institute on the server with 20% XP, we get there and then the server loses half it's population because the map is awful.

Most of the time it just leads to server pop downfall unless the map being played is actually enjoyable like cbble.

I understand the point but there really should be some type of changes made to this system or better curation of the map list as a whole

Well, honestly I feel like we just need to wait until more maps are added... Once that happens we will have more maps with 20%, and the maps with 20% that we don't like (institute) we would play a lot less. 

Ps. I've talked to Music about it and he's said that "people don't like change and that we just need to get used to it" so I believe the map will stay, but he said that he will be adding new maps soon and would love suggestions if you just make a forum post about it or use the one fearless made. 

2 hours ago, -Sharp- said:

Ps. I've talked to Music about it and he's said that "people don't like change and that we just need to get used to it" so I believe the map will stay, but he said that he will be adding new maps soon and would love suggestions if you just make a forum post about it or use the one fearless made. 

It's not that people don't like change, people have been asking for new maps for eons. 

The issue is that the map is bad, and other decisions have also been questionable. We're left with a worse version of Westwood and arguable a worse version of Italy with the only real problem people having with the other is how campy the two hostages being together can be

(WHICH WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO MAP WHO CAN FIX THINGS)

I'd just rather not see more maps added like Institut which get tagged with a 20% but are awful and kill the server and only get played because XP

Edited by Mr.Thaco-Olmon

6 minutes ago, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

It's not that people don't like change, people have been asking for new maps for eons. 

I agree, again not my words but the way to fix this is suggest new and GOOD maps.

25 minutes ago, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

The issue is that the map is bad, and other decisions have also been questionable. We're left with a worse version of Westwood and arguable a worse version of Italy with the only real problem people having with the other is how campy the two hostages being together can be

(WHICH WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO MAP WHO CAN FIX THINGS)

I'd just rather not see more maps added like Institut which get tagged with a 20% but are awful and kill the server and only get played because XP

Responses to your complaints, numerically:

1. Suggest maps you want on the server. Then the onus is on relevant staff to respond to your suggestions.

2. Feel free to convince people to allocate their free time to work on maps for the server, its in no one's job description to make or fix maps.

3. The fact that new maps get 20% for a long period of time is that the percentages are all relative to other maps. We've played westwood tens of thousands of times, and until new maps come within an order of that, they remain at that percentage. This is obviously modifiable, but that's not my decision, and you should target your argument towards the staff members who handle this.