Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Thaco-Olmon

Opinions are cool

Curious as to what people think about looking at a general reduction in the pricing of items in the shopmenu, excluding the majority of Miscellaneous.

To me it would encourage people to not just buy tomes on every race and they could try their own hand at using shop whore which currently is only really used by the top players who simply like the big scoreboard. Opinion me.

Curious about the possibility of have a RaceWar type event, where entire Tribal tags like Human, Orc and Night Elf fight each other. Could prove to be a interesting event

loved the tribal war idea, orc races vs human races vs elf races, with each race going for a total KD or points system from killing the other factions.

like, pick a faction at the start of the event, only play the races within the faction and try to score as much points as possible.

Have a list of eligible races in the faction. ie; 
Orcs - 
Orcish horde
Orc chieftian
Humans:
Human Alliance
Human General
Nightelf:
Nightelf
Nightelf Elder

etc etc, just fill in more races within the factions as they fit.

I feel as people just are to lazy to find out what a certain item does and rather try going for it they would rather save up for a tome

1 hour ago, Rock said:

I feel as people just are to lazy to find out what a certain item does and rather try going for it they would rather save up for a tome

Idk, I’d rather buy a tome to max the race I’m playing instead of spending money on an item (like boots) that lets run slightly faster until I die

Edited by Imperium

I buy tomes because I want to quickly get my max levels up and get that sweet 99% completion. If there was someone shop whoring I'd play Sin or default. The only items that are worth buying on most races are mask, claws, totem, and necklace in that order. I really don't mind tomes because that means less people are inclined to shop whore which could mean other people on the server could level at their own leisure, having the option to buy XP from tomes or get kills with the help of shop items. If the shop prices were lowered then I'd like to see an increase from XP gained from killing enemies, that way it maximizes shop whore's XP gain while leaving the alone those who want to level.

3 hours ago, fat bitch v.169 said:

I buy tomes because I want to quickly get my max levels up and get that sweet 99% completion. If there was someone shop whoring I'd play Sin or default. The only items that are worth buying on most races are mask, claws, totem, and necklace in that order. I really don't mind tomes because that means less people are inclined to shop whore which could mean other people on the server could level at their own leisure, having the option to buy XP from tomes or get kills with the help of shop items. If the shop prices were lowered then I'd like to see an increase from XP gained from killing enemies, that way it maximizes shop whore's XP gain while leaving the alone those who want to level.

noob doesn't know that ring is king

The thing about shopmenu is it can be hard to balance. The disparity between Good Bad and Normal players is a long line. If you make shopmenu cheaper - sure it might encourage the normal playerbase to buy more stuff besides tomes, but then you create an issue where the higher end Good players will be even stronger because they will shopwhore easier. SInce they are now stronger, they will punce the other players quicker, easier, faster. Causing them to go back to just buying tomes cause they die and lose the item right away.

Theres alot - alot more to balance then just this one example. But this example alone contridicts your original goal of having people use items more instead of tomes.

Risk vs reward - Tomes are just an easier bet for xp. One deaths with shop items and they are all gone.

General reduction in shop price? No thanks. As said in another post above, good players will just be able to shop whore easier making them an even more difficult enemy to kill (especially for newer players).

Also you don't have to buy items from shop if the race has that 'feature' as one of their skills (or as an expertise). So getting levels could let you level up a skill or let you work towards an expertise that gives a shop item like benefit (or more in most cases).

Usually the only reason I'll buy shop items is if the race can't buy books / tomes or if I have excess cash when a support / admin is on  and giving cash.

Edited by Mr_Oob
added some

I liked the days when everyone would have 6 outta 6 items if you playerinfo'ed them since items were so cheap but at the same time we're only a little bit away from that since cash is given out constantly nowadays as opposed to the considerably less amount back then. I still often find myself swimming in cash overflow enough to by a mask of death+claws+chainmail and still have $10k+ to respawn.