Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

An Opinion

1 hour ago, Face said:

Gonna need more constructive arguments about how to change them, because the KDs both appear very reasonable

RUgXRHz.png

wSFcg8b.png

Imo Hede is a fairly strong race and I tend to do extremely well on it

*Edit

Also my biggest issue with Igna is it just replaces Wizard of the Everlasting, it does pretty much everything Wizard does with some slight chance on the DR but better.

Edited by Mr.Thaco-Olmon

2 hours ago, Bear-Man-Thing said:

Don't be shit, never have to worry about Lady Hederine again.

Don't get me wrong, they're definitely strong races, but so is half the other races. If they get nerfed, its only gonna be X time before you guys start complaining about the next one to nerf

1 minute ago, zebra said:

Don't get me wrong, they're definitely strong races, but so is half the other races. If they get nerfed, its only gonna be X time before you guys start complaining about the next one to nerf

They are good.  But they are killable.  Look at their KD :/  This is not to say I can kill Lady Hederine.  I get wrecked by her a lot lol.  I just don't care cause it's fun.

But really, 50% of the time I'm on the server, it's people complaining about some race.  It's great!  Stop caring and just have fun.  If things are grossly out of whack, it'll get changed.  If it's bugged, Face/some other eng will get to it when they have free time.  I don't recall people complaining this much about so many races, it's great.

On 1/22/2018 at 5:31 PM, Face said:

Gonna need more constructive arguments about how to change them, because the KDs both appear very reasonable

RUgXRHz.png

wSFcg8b.png

Knife races tend to have low kda when leveling them(from my experience at least) and lady requires about ~60? levels to max with tomes not available. Because of this wouldn’t lady’s kda not be an accurate way to tell if the race is balanced when the race is maxed out?

Knife races tend to have low kda when leveling them(from my experience at least) and lady requires about ~60? levels to max with tomes not available. Because of this wouldn’t lady’s kda not be an accurate way to tell if the race is balanced when the race is maxed out?

It lists maxed and Unmaxed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Imperium said:

If you read it closely you can see it shows maxed and unmaxed.

Hederine is really strong on small maps or in enclosed spaces, but if you get a Hederine at any sort of distance you will win 10/10 unless you just fuck up bad. I honestly feel like this is a repeat of the Brewmaster fiasco. A race gets added that plays different from other races on the server and people aren't used to it so they whine and complain until it gets nerfed instead of just figuring out how to deal with it.

I'll admit I was really frustrated playing against the race when it first got added, but once I played the race for myself and understood how it worked I was fine with it. Sure I still get crapped on by Hederine every now and then but shit happens lol

Okay, you guys are going to make jokes about the statement I'm about to say... BUT I’m a pretty good player on war3. Lady is really strong. I feel like Lady does need to be reworked just a little?

• Lady's KD might only be 1.2, but IT'S SO EASY for the race to just walk around a corner and whip one player then kill 1 or 2 others and then kill the player that was whipped. When Lady can regen 200+ health (yes I know it has to get kills to do that) and make people do 66% less dmg.

• Lady does true dmg which is a great and well a different aspect to a knife race or really any race on the server but it also is really strong when a race relies on evasion or DMG reduction especially when it can blind+bass+make your gun go in the air. 

• The blind is still aids, and the whip is strong.

Now I understand that this race has 1.2 KD and that shows that it doesn't go on like 10 kill streak but in a 1v1, 1v2, or even a 1v3, I've seen this race come out on top (yes other K races can do this) but can't go out of the fight with 200+ hp from regen.

I also wanted to say that there are "star players" on races so like "meow on impetus" or "Thaco on succubus hunter" or "Ham on blademaster" (not trying to bash on these players they are just good on these races). And sooner or later or there might be a "star player"  for this race or there might already be one and that player would do AMAZING on Lady.

Ps. I don't want the race to get nerfed hard, I want it to be fun and enjoyable. But I honestly feel like its very strong in the moment unless you go hard counter to like judge of altana. 

21 hours ago, -Sharp- said:

The blind is still aids, and the whip is strong.

I am 75% sure this is mostly due to peoples personal video settings or monitor settings. This has been talked about multiple times on the server and there are some people who have no issue with it while others think it's almost 100% blinding and Thaco found some setting he adjusted to make the blind seem more tolerable. You may just need to check your settings to see if you have cranked anything up higher than normal previously

The magenta from lady’s ult makes seeing almost impossible with color vibrance turned up.

I'm at a crossroad with Lady Hederine. In a Mid-Long range fight the race gets destroyed like almost all other knife races but in a close fight you are 100% dead. The true damage lets lady 2 shot you and the whip makes it so you can do nothing to counter her unless you are playing a specific race at the right time. You can't back peddle when she whips you either so you are a sitting duck to all of that true damage. 200+ health on a race that can 2 shot without needing to backstab is disgusting honestly. The race looks fun but some changes should be implemented to balance it.

Oh and the screen turning red really isn't an issue if you aren't blind and an idiot.

Sure the race has a 1.3 K/D maxed but so does Magneto, Goliath, Cannibal (1.06 K/D), and Human Lawnmower. It's a knife race it's gonna have a low K/D if it doesn't have a massive speed boost, 1K health or easy bhops. Besides 80% of the players don't know how to use knife races which tanks K/D.

As for Igni I have never had a problem with it. Race is balanced and easy to kill.

Edited by Arctic Freeze

Decided to make a spreadsheet for how well I do on a per map basis, took screenshots originally so I have two of them but I decided that was ineffective and this should prove my point regardless.

I'll also continue to update and add some notes. IE if I see a bunch of races that are strong against the race or anything of the nature.

It is in my personal opinion that Hederine is too good in close range encounters and absolute shit in long range encounters and that is a innate problem with how the race is currently balanced and looked at which leads to this outcry that people have. Even if nothing was changed in this aspect currently the only real fair way to balance the race without destroying it is to reduce the strength of the Whiplash ability or the passive Whip on Lash of Pain.

(ditto) Numbers (ditto)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SNafizuEGRB-oRg28pk9wJNGIzslfNfa1sIIgeZsXDI/edit?usp=sharing

*Edit, decided to add in TheHax's numbers from the last screenshot just because it was right there and accessible 

Spoiler

Pictures of the first 4 numbers

HqlQ1Y5.jpg

Hv8sq7T.jpg

w9f7MQQ.jpg

5kEmqbQ.jpg

Edited by Mr.Thaco-Olmon
added stuff