Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trigger.exe

Wifi Problems

so lately iv noticed that I been lagging on servers a lot within the last few months when everything looks fine on my screen and my pings below 30ms. Back in September my family switched from AT&T's wifi to Time Warner Cables Spectrum. Which first of all it says you'll be able to get up too 100+dl MINIMUM pl0x scammed.

Anyways, from what people have seen in game, it looks like I am playing with 200+ ping, skipping around, blah blah. so people like DWW on war3 made the assumption that im using a lag switch, other people on other servers, and iv actually been banned off servers because they think i'm using a lag switch. I know for a fact that im not. Iv asked for people to demo me playing then send it to me, because some times I thought people were fucking with me. 

So if you don't know, i play on a super budget PC, it was bought for me to do school on, that slowly turned into me doing more than just school work. That forces me to use Wifi, now if i were to connect to the internet via internet cable or Ethernet, i could probably fix that problem, but my mom already said she does not want holes drilled in her floor to connect everything. Nor do i wanna move my entire desk next to the router to connect. So im curious if it's because there are 5 different computers hooked up to the wifi all pretty much being used at the same time, (but wouldnt that increase my ping to the server aswell) or is spectrum just that shit.... 

0JysKJw.png

do you know what brand router and modem you're using because those make a big difference in my person experience, We are using Time Warner but switched from the typical bullshit they give you and my internet improved a lot, but I never had issues with ping in game also wifi typically will make your ping higher in games try connecting to your router with cable.

well first of all, your laptop probably has a shit wifi card, second of all, if 5 people are on the computer at the same time your 100mbps connection will shit the bed. Look to get a wired connection or a better wifi adapter.

I got a powerline adapter for my computer because there was no way I was wiring my modem to my PC, and I get close to the same speed as wired with it. Look into it, they sell them on amazon.

28 minutes ago, Console said:

Another issue you might have: AT&T wifi

Ah yes, I see why this post was so important to necro something that hadn't been responded to in a month. It brought so much to the table and will help trigger or anyone else with similar problems solve them completely or identify what is going wrong. If you don't need posts for your application, kindly don't shit post on old threads. It is better to have low activity than shit post for a higher count.