Sign in to follow this  
Face

Cash and Transfer Changes

(Recommended companion song for this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKl6umkwKfU&t=0m30s)

• Transfers are temporarily disabled and will be added back sometime towards the end of the event.
  • Cash is now limited to $30k balance. Shopkeeper and Blackmarket Dealer are also limited to 30k, and their transfers do not give someone more than 30k.
  • Staff cash is now always limited to 16k, even for War3 engineers. You should not have more than 30k after receiving cash from admins or staff members.
  • When transfers return:
    • If you transfer somebody excess cash, the transfer will be reduced so they only get 30k total. (e.g. both players have 16k, you transfer "all" to the other player, they will have 30k and you will have 2k leftover).
    • Transfers are always limited to 16k max - even if you have 30k and they have 0k you can only transfer 16k.
    • If you transfer cash to a player, you cannot transfer cash back to the same player for 5 rounds (keep in mind - transferring to player X who transfers to player Y because you transferred to Y too recently is circumventing the rules)
    • Players are limited to 5 transfers in a map.
    • You can no longer transfer cash from Default, New Game, Takeno, or Spymaster. These are all the races that spawn with cash - I don't believe I missed any. This is to further discourage people from "not playing the game".

This was not brought on by my belief that anyone was explicitly breaking any rules. We have said before - if a player wishes to dump all their cash to a friend or friends, we aren't really trying to stop them. We are concerned, however, about stopping any potential future abuses and about players potentially circumventing cash restrictions previously put in place on Default and New Game, since they receive a lot of cash. We are largely trying to prevent future abuse in the system.

Also in the spirit of preventing future abuses, Takeno and Spymaster are now limited to keeping $5k cash when they change to other races. I've considered applying this restriction to all races, but haven't come to a conclusion on it yet.

I've also considered adding a sort of restriction to tomes/books - like a purchase cooldown before you can buy another. This seems like it'd be an inconvenience to those playing normally - so I'm not certain I want to go that route unless I can find a clean solution for it.

Nothing is final, and you may very well see even more changes coming.

If you ever have any questions about your actions or the actions of other players, I recommend you read this thread then consult with 1 (or more) War3 staff members if you still have questions.

Edited by Face

3 hours ago, Face said:

Also in the spirit of preventing future abuses, Takeno and Spymaster are now limited to keeping $5k cash when they change to other races. I've considered applying this restriction to all races, but haven't come to a conclusion on it yet.

I do believe you should do it for any race that can "farm" cash fast but for races that cant buy tomes (DT, Priestess) please don't make it for every race, Because if they want to switch race to buy a tome and switch back they should and not have to waste it on shopmenu items.

3 hours ago, Face said:

If you transfer cash to a player, you cannot transfer cash back to the same player for 5 rounds (keep in mind - transferring to player X who transfers to player Y because you transferred to Y too recently is circumventing the rules)

What about Shopkeeper? Only one person can transfer to whoever is playing Shopkeeper for that same round, or can multiple players transfer to Shopkeeper in that same round? Like when the SK uses his ultimate to give out his cash for EXP.