Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Thaco-Olmon

Default & New Game +

I don't understand why New Game screws you on money when you switch off on it, but Default not only gives you the same cash. But unless you're at least 90% maxed it's just better.

Seems really stupid that New Game does this while being a generally worse money maker than default unless you're at 90%.

8 hours ago, Face said:

Same code applies to both:

g2k4Csd.png

Didn't realize that was a thing, someone mentioned that it only happened to New Game and I had posted without thinking.

On another note, both races can easily work around this by just having one player transfer their $ to another so these plugin overall seems self defeating

Didn't realize that was a thing, someone mentioned that it only happened to New Game and I had posted without thinking.

On another note, both races can easily work around this by just having one player transfer their $ to another so these plugin overall seems self defeating

Loop holing code restrictions seems like a bad idea - similar to leaving the server and rejoining to avoiding the whoring plugin, I’d consider it a bannable offense.

I’ve personally wanted to strip items and cash on every race before when you change... but I’ve stopped myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Face said:

Loop holing code restrictions seems like a bad idea - similar to leaving the server and rejoining to avoiding the whoring plugin, I’d consider it a bannable offense.

I’ve personally wanted to strip items and cash on every race before when you change... but I’ve stopped myself.

You should probably talk to staff about this, multiple staff have said this is okay and perfectly fine.

ie, Moose telling NC and Fufu they can do it

You should probably talk to staff about this, multiple staff have said this is okay and perfectly fine.
ie, Moose telling NC and Fufu they can do it

So after talking to them, I’m fairly certain we’ve been asked before about xfering cash to players before (“is it okay if my friends send me their cash”), which is fine. But to our knowledge nobody has been asked about circumventing the code restriction put in place to prevent people from spamming respawn on default/new game for cash and changing race to buy tomes - all the while avoiding any actual meaningful gameplay.

25 minutes ago, Face said:

So after talking to them, I’m fairly certain we’ve been asked before about xfering cash to players before (“is it okay if my friends send me their cash”), which is fine. But to our knowledge nobody has been asked about circumventing the code restriction put in place to prevent people from spamming respawn on default/new game for cash and changing race to buy tomes - all the while avoiding any actual meaningful gameplay.

I suppose it makes sense, to me it just kinda makes the plugin a goofy thing because with a friend you can work around it and just level together.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

I suppose it makes sense, to me it just kinda makes the plugin a goofy thing because with a friend you can work around it and just level together.

So.... Loopholing the system?

10 minutes ago, ATG_AGENT said:

So.... Loopholing the system?

Wouldn't the argument be "Im just transferring money to my friend."

Which would still be loopholing, I only brought it up because of the amount of leveling that was happening because of that.

Also rip salty respawns without transfer

Edited by Mr.Thaco-Olmon

Just now, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

Wouldn't the argument be "Im just transferring money to my friend."

Which would still be loopholing, I only brought it up because of the amount of leveling that was happening because of that.

Let me just re-iterate / be clear. If a person is going around a plugin / system we have in place to stop something and using it for gain that is not allowed.  This is completely different then "Giving your cash to your friend" Which is allowed.

Im not relating this to anything that has happened / currently happening / etc - Im just saying right now

Going around any system we have in place, for what ever reason, would be loop holing and punishment can happen.

22 minutes ago, ATG_AGENT said:

Let me just re-iterate / be clear. If a person is going around a plugin / system we have in place to stop something and using it for gain that is not allowed.  This is completely different then "Giving your cash to your friend" Which is allowed.

Im not relating this to anything that has happened / currently happening / etc - Im just saying right now

Going around any system we have in place, for what ever reason, would be loop holing and punishment can happen.

I'm so confused, you're saying this but Sharpie said you told him that the Default transfer thing isn't an exploit ?????????????

???????????

I'm so confused, you're saying this but Sharpie said you told him that the Default transfer thing isn't an exploit ?????????????
???????????

Well Xferring is disabled right now, I’m going to make some minor changes in the future and I’ll post more on the topic then. Don’t worry for now.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

???????????

While face is doing his final statement i will just say this. Transferring cash when your not abusing/going around any systems is not an exploit. You keep saying "Default exploit" But from what was told to me, no "Exploit" is there / was done.

14 minutes ago, ATG_AGENT said:

While face is doing his final statement i will just say this. Transferring cash when your not abusing/going around any systems is not an exploit. You keep saying "Default exploit" But from what was told to me, no "Exploit" is there / was done.

It was just me referring to the action, it was easy to understand what I was saying when I said that. My bad

Edited by Mr.Thaco-Olmon
spelling