Sign in to follow this  
Serif The Sheriff

2 Infected per team?!

Infected got a pretty major buff to the race. It's really strong now, stronger than I have ever seen it since I started on the server 4+ years ago. That alone is no big deal, the race needed a buff because it was pretty weak for a long time. But having 2 per team is kind of ridiculous

it's not hard to counter infected... At least I don't think so, either aim at the head and kill them or just entangle, bash, freeze, stun the infected more than enough races counter it.

Also if you just aim with an AK and shoot you will be able to kill the infected pretty easily.

sharp you know they are cc immune during ult now right

I still think 2 per team is fine...like most issues you just have to counter pick it and Seriff I know your not one to counter pick so maybe start?

Edited by turbulance

28 minutes ago, turbulance said:

I still think 2 per team is fine...like most issues you just have to counter pick it and Seriff I know your not one to counter pick so maybe start?

I do but still while its not up and still plenty of other races to counter :D 

1 hour ago, turbulance said:

Actually they can "break" the first stun/bash/ freeze effect by activating the ult. However after being hit again (even during the ult) the effect will continue (so it is kind of weak).

Server has mixed vibes about it, I find it alright but you get like a 50/50 (in terms of people complaining) with one side saying it has too much health now (which is ridiculous) and the other saying the base speed is too high now being at 26% or something (which I can kiiiind of see) and when combined with the ult makes you run faster then most other races at max speed.

I really don't think that race over all has a decent KDA to really warrant a nerf at the moment. I mean when someone is on it I really don't see them dominating like I do when I watch people like carmi/seriff playing night elf all day and etc. Change race deal with the issue life moves on. 

A lot of races that used to be able to counter it no longer counter it because of the new health, speed, and cc immunity. But we were playing last night and had a Naix with a Holy Paladin and two other people moving together fighting two infected and the two infected were still winning almost every time because of the buffs to the race. Sometimes we would kill one but they would move so fast and do so much damage the second would usually finish us off or kill enough of us that the last person had 0 chance of killing them because they couldn't do enough damage fast enough or they would run out of ammo before getting close to killing them. There are a lot of races that against an infected 1v1 have 0 chance solely because of ammo constraints against how fast they infected regens and the extra health it has now.

That was the point of the buff was to take away the long list of races that could just dominate the race. Just because a race deals bonus damage to a undead race and one steals a lot of health doesn't make it a counter pick. The race vs race is still boiled down to skill on many levels. Almost all of your arguments are opinions and open ended statements. Like I have said many times in the past this game is about counter picking use of shopmenu and skill. 

2 hours ago, turbulance said:

That was the point of the buff was to take away the long list of races that could just dominate the race. Just because a race deals bonus damage to a undead race and one steals a lot of health doesn't make it a counter pick. The race vs race is still boiled down to skill on many levels. Almost all of your arguments are opinions and open ended statements. Like I have said many times in the past this game is about counter picking use of shopmenu and skill. 

17 hours ago, Serif The Sheriff said:

Infected got a pretty major buff to the race. It's really strong now, stronger than I have ever seen it since I started on the server 4+ years ago. That alone is no big deal, the race needed a buff because it was pretty weak for a long time. But having 2 per team is kind of ridiculous

Do you not read anything I say at all? ^^^^^

I agree the race needed a buff and the buff for it is all fine and dandy, but it's now a strong enough race that it shouldn't have a 2 per team limit. There a lot of other races with a limit of one per team regardless of counters to it. I think it should be 1 per team, that's it. It doesn't need nerfed, just a stricter limit.