Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thew

Mouse causing lag

I recently set up my first PC. Earlier today when I was playing PUBG I noticed that whenever I moved my mouse my computer would lag slightly. I brushed it off and just lowered the resolution. But after I got home from work today I went to play GMod it came back. It only ever happens when a game is playing. The cursor movement doesn't lag. I updated my GPU drivers, because I thought that might be the issue, but nothing changed. It only ever lags when I move my mouse. I tried to look up the issue, but I can't find an actual solution to the problem. It happens with any application that is running but is only extremely noticeable during games because any sound stutters, but when watching youtube videos its only screen lag. When I was playing Rocket League, I was using my steam controller and saw no lag when using it, but as soon as I moved my mouse my game would lag. I have checked for updates, there are none, I have unplugged and replugged my mouse back in, I have rebooted 3 times, I have also tried using my old mouse and nothing has changed. Taking a look at Task Manager also shows no issues. Mouse movement shows no spikes, CPU goes up to 23%, but no higher, RAM is at 37% stagnant, and GPU only rises up to 4%. I am at a loss at what to do. If anyone knows why its happening or how to fix it, please help.

System:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

G SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB

MSI X370 Gaming Pro

Mouse is Logitech G502

This used to happen to me, but any mouse i used would also do that, im not sure why but at some point it just stopped and it hasn't happened again

I noticed that when Task Manager is on top, and there is a video playing in a window, whenever I move my cursor the video doesn't lag, but when my browser is on top the video lags.

2 hours ago, Destin said:

uhh see if your browser has hardware acceleration, if its off turn it on, if its on turn it off. 

It was on, I turned it off. Nothing changed. It seems to be an issue with the PC not the browser, because its happening on any application.

10 hours ago, Swed said:

Is your monitor plugged into your graphics card? 

yes it is via displayport

Do you have an anti virus program and a HDD?

Sounds like its scanning your slow hard drive and bottle necking your system.