Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rookie

Toxic Server

Getting really sick and tired of not being able to have any sort of conversation on the server without being told to kill myself, that I'm retarded or dumbshit or any number of other attacks on me just to get a reaction/make themselves feel better about themselves.

Not gonna point out any names you know who you are and what kind of shitty people you are and can be. I come on cs to relax and love war3 but end up wound tighter than a fishing reel trying to interact with the community.

Everyone I talk to says its my fault for letting "people on the internet" get to me but fuck that. If 10% of the time I can relax and talk with people / shoot the shit why the other 90% of the time do I have to get punished for putting myself out there and trying to interact by getting shit on and trolled.

Anyway im not coming around anymore. Have fun guys, enjoy hating on eachother and berating everyone with "jokes". Not gonna get called retarded and told to kill myself anymore cause it makes me feel like shit.

I just noticed about your situation, is sad to see people leaving the server because of this bullshit. Dont let this to get you, is the internet, filled with jerks. A future tip for videogames, mute everyone who's toxic so you don't have to deal with this again.

I hope you come back, best of luck.

Thanks cro. Unfortunately I would have no one left to talk with if I muted everyone who was toxic. I come for the community and I guess I leave for the community :/

Dude, if you are being harassed to the point its making your gaming experience a bad one, then you need to tell someone with names.

Especially if you have proof. Player harassment is not a cool thing, and should be dealt with. If you tell someone to stop, they need to stop. 

If its an admin who's doing it, they really should know better.

Rookie I'm pretty sure i have seen you on the war3 server quite a bit now and it would be sad to see you go as I know you love to play on the server, if you really have a problem about people flamming you and being toxic you always have the option to record/ screenshot those bits and make a thread in the Complaint Department once then get banned for a few days they will/ should learn to fuck off if they don't after that ban do it again and ti will be extended even longer and if they wont stop and it goes on long enough they could end up perma banned, this goes for all players including admins as Cookie eater said.

Also a simple " Would you please shut the fuck up " could work sometimes

I don't know if it has gotten worse but whenever I am on with you rookie it's the same old three to four mouths as usual who are toxic in general but I didn't think anyone targeted you in general. We all sling shit at each other in general it's kinda a sG thing but like others have said stand your ground. In this day and age you gotta get a back bone and show people you have it or no one will respect you. Sad I know but that is just the truth of it. 

This honestly makes me sick. Not only do we have times on war 3 where it's hard to get people on, but now we have people who feel the need to make people feel like shit to the point where they leave. Rookie, I seriously hope you take this to the complaint department because toxicity like this is just plain horrendous. I hope that this isn't a final goodbye and you decide to come back. It's always nice to see you on helping to populate the server. To all the people who think degrading people will make you look cool in front of everyone, It doesn't. Not only do you look idiotic but you're also helping kill the server in the process.

Never been on the war3 server, but I can understand that certain people take these so called, “jokes” to heart. Maybe you could try out one of our other servers and see how that goes before completely quitting on sG. 

As a staff member, and as a player of war3, this behaviour is unacceptable. If people are belittling you or bullying you, please demo, screenshot, or message a staff member to get on. Then we as staff will be able to rid the players being toxic in our servers.

Feel free to add me on steam. If you have any more problems, please message me on the forums, steam, or discord.

If you do decide to stay, please do take the advice given in this thread. If we see it fit, then we shall absolutely ban people for excessive flaming. If you are going to leave, we are sad to see you go. Best of luck, if thats the case.

I quite commonly mute people in the server, and I often hop onto a discord to talk to people there while playing War3. Could potentially get that started with people from War3 if you ya like talking to them

Granted, the toxicity on the server is really stupid

Rookie, I assume this happened last night as that was the last time I saw you playing. I think we were on at the same time, if something like this happens don't be afraid to bring it up in admin chat. We can't see or hear everything that's said but we do our best to ensure that anyone who is genuinely bullying or being toxic is taken care of. If you feel like you're being targeted and there's an admin on, don't be afraid to pipe up and say something to us if we don't do anything. 

This type of behavior isn't condoned, despite what most people think of war3. Any "jokes" that go too far will be taken care of.

Thanks for your input everyone, war3 is literally crack so I'll probably succumb eventually and come back. For now I am not coming on and maybe it will miraculously get less toxic by christmas. Heres hoping.

If you ever do get bored and still don't want to get on war3, come check out minigames or kz (climb)-- or any other sG server really. Tell me when you get on and I'll try my best to get on and show you how it's not all sG servers that are toxic :} If you ever find toxic people on, tell me and I'll kick their butts.

Just now, Rookie said:

Thanks for your input everyone, war3 is literally crack so I'll probably succumb eventually and come back. For now I am not coming on and maybe it will miraculously get less toxic by christmas. Heres hoping.

You should still try give ZE a chance! It’s very active right now and the only toxic people are the noobs and speakers which I consider “irrelevant” and I either mute or ignore them. All the ZE vets and normals are pretty chill and cool and shouldn’t give you any problems.

That is odd, I never hear anyone telling you to kill yourself when I'm on in fact most of it is just light hearted jokes (hell even vulcan jokingly types kys in chat at times).

rookie I have you as a great person to play with and an awesome friend. I now realize why when I invite you to play you are hesitant. I hope that you do not decide to leave war3 you will be missed by me especially, as a friend I hope you reconcider leaving for good.

Yeah, it's rough. Sadly people get all courageous behind a screen and take things way too far. I've dealt with it multiple times, and I can tell you that the best thing to do (or at least try to do), is ignore them / block the individual(s) who are being toxic. It's quick and easy and it always seems to get the job done. Like many of the people above have said, if it truly becomes an issue, any admin will be happy to help you get out of this situation by punishing those who are toxic, if it is an admin who is doing the flaming, they should be removed from their position and handled with properly.

29 minutes ago, Bluestreakid15 said:

Yeah, it's rough. Sadly people get all courageous behind a screen and take things way too far. I've dealt with it multiple times, and I can tell you that the best thing to do (or at least try to do), is ignore them / block the individual(s) who are being toxic. It's quick and easy and it always seems to get the job done. Like many of the people above have said, if it truly becomes an issue, any admin will be happy to help you get out of this situation by punishing those who are toxic, if it is an admin who is doing the flaming, they should be removed from their position and handled with properly.

HOLY NECRO BATMAN, haha still relevant today tho. altho I've been on war3 a bit the past week and havent really seen as much toxicity :D 

12 minutes ago, Destin said:

HOLY NECRO BATMAN, haha still relevant today tho. altho I've been on war3 a bit the past week and havent really seen as much toxicity :D 

you can thank our wonderful current SO’s! Making sure we have a wonderful gaming experience for all players.