Sign in to follow this  
Face

War3 Supporter Benefits and Suggestions

Purchase a War3 Supporter package here.

Description of Benefits

• Access to the exclusive #war3_supporters channel on the JoinSG discord server, which frequently includes discussion of future changes to the server, brainstorming, and other War3 Staff discussions. See this post for more info and how to gain access to the server if you are a supporter.
  • When a supporter is in the game, all players gain 1% bonus experience (caps at 10% bonus experience, if more than 10 supporters were present).
  • You can access races up to 250 levels above your total level. e.g. if your total level is 500, you have access to races up to 750 total level required. You will also get an additional "New Races Unlocked" text print showing what races you unlocked because you are a Supporter.
  • You can use "/suppcash 16000" once per map to give cash.
  • This has the same rules as admin cash. Every 5 rounds, can only use it for 15 seconds after freeze time, and you cannot give 16k in addition to an admin giving 16k.
  • Ability to nominate maps, no matter how recently they have been played (currently must use /nominate <mapname>, it will still show on the nominate list as disabled).
  • You can use "#" in ALL chat to send special messages (similar to (ADMIN) or [STAFF]).
    • (W3 SUPPORTER) Face: Hey!
  • You can use "#" in TEAM chat to send messages that only supporters can read and respond to.
    • (TO W3 SUPPORTERS) Face: Hey!

All players can type /supporter to see the active supporter XP bonus and a list of all supporter benefits.

When Supporters join and leave, custom joining and leaving messages print:

[W3 SUPPORTER] Face has joined the server! Supporter XP bonus for all players is now 1%

[W3 SUPPORTER] Face has disconnected! Supporter XP bonus for all players is now 0%

Other/Miscellaneous

Feel free to use this thread as a discussion of supporter benefits, including suggested new benefits, changes to existing benefits, etc.

All money earned from War3 Supporter packages goes to supporting the development of the server and prizes for events.

I will use this thread to announce any changes to the supporter package.

Thanks for supporting the server!

I feel as supporters should be given the ability to give cash more than once per map or at least when there is low pop because have the ability to give cash also helps to get/bring people on but only doing it once wouldn’t help as much, even if it was just letting them do it 2-3 times would make a much bigger change and may also get more people to buy into it. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current point I want to gather thoughts on:

How do people feel about doing some form of raffle/drawing for supporters every month or every other month? We'd set a date (likely the last day of the month) and pull all active supporters at some point that day, then at a point in the future (next week or two) we'd draw a random name (or names) from that list and they would win something.

I was thinking along the lines of:

• design a race with Face
  • design an expertise with Face
  • additional level bank (50?)
  • small prizes ($10 steam card?)
  • other?? feel free to suggestion

I would announce the drawing a week or two ahead of time, and I'd set some restriction (e.g. if you won the last drawing you can't win this one)

Edited by Face

I like all of it except the cash prize. At that point it feels more like gambling and less like an incentive that lets you occasionally present your ideas in a way that will be paid more attention to.

Just now, thorgot said:

I like all of it except the cash prize. At that point it feels more like gambling and less like an incentive that lets you occasionally present your ideas in a way that will be paid more attention to.

I thought so as well... just tossed it in there to see what people thought :D

Yea no money.

Otherwise I'm not really supporting the server, innit?

I really like the levelbank idea

Frankly I feel like you are going to have a better pool of race ideas in the suggestion forum, and that you oughta work off those anyway.

I guess I'd use that were I to- well, i'd take the level bank a couple times so I could max up these knife races.

But past that- id mainly just hound ya to make some of those other ideas.

maybe a reward would be super supporter for a month- 1 extra xp% and three cash rounds or something.

That'd be a neat gift. Wins for everyone, too.

Thats a fun idea each month we raffle all the supports and they get "Super supporter" for the month. They could give money twice a map? give an additional 2-4% additional exp while on. access races 500-1000? levels above their cap.

I like the idea of a monthly raffle, Shinn brought up some nice ones for it and I like the idea of extra level bank. Maybe do a quarterly drawing and include the Expertise and Race design in that so as to not over-burden yourself in the long run. ROTD re-roll would be PogChamp. I think I'm pretty content with the rest of the supporter benefits, but also wouldn't mind something along the lines of a supporter+ or similar.

Extra levels(350-400?) on top of your current level.

Extra +1% exp total max to the supporter pool on top of the already current max of 10% up to 15%? So if there's 10 supporters and 5 supporter+ then you have 15%.

For this if it's possible, make the amount per month a minimum of (insert dollar amount here) but allow people to change it to a higher amount if they'd like. I'm sure there are a few of us who wouldn't mind sending a bit more money in the servers direction.

Possibly make the ROTD re-roll be a Supporter+ perk? 

I don't really think there needs to be a lot extra on top of it, if this is done. I think we've talked about it in the past, but it never really went anywhere. I would say Supporter+ should get two raffle tickets but I think that wouldn't be in the spirit of it being a supporter package and don't like the idea as much. These are my thoughts on it for now anyways.

maybe offer 3 tiers of donor status? 5 base for basic supporter 10 dollars for platinum supporter maybe give them higher rewards/perks additional raffle entries etc. Third could be like 15+ and it's just bragging rights and special forum badge and IG font

Edited by turbulance