• Keep cs_italy (original)
    • Keep cs_italy_tactik2
    • Keep both maps
  2. 2. How do you feel about crackhouse

• Keep crackhouse
    • Remove crackhouse
  3. 3. Buff races (can select multiples)

• Knife races (in general)
    • Underplayed races (no regards for balance)
    • Just buff fun stuff (shake up the meta)
    • Don't buff anything
  4. 4. Nerf Khadgar

• Nerf the popular build (I believe is 3 frost w/ mage armor (arcane))
    • Nerf Frost ult and leave rest unchanged
    • Nerf something else (pls specify)
    • No nerfs (wishdealer's vote doesn't count Kappa)
  5. 5. Tick rate vs Player count

• Stay 128 tick / 20 player slots
    • Reduce to 98 tick / increase to 24 slots
    • Reduce to 64 tick / increase to 28 slots
  6. 6. If we added a War3 supporter + War3 staff channel on discord, potentially where we may discuss changes ahead of time, which of the below applies

• I would likely become a War3 supporter
    • No change / I will support regardless
  7. 7. How does T Hardy feel (no it isn't being changed back to what it used to be) - feel free to suggest changes

Khadgar needs a nerf, and I say that even loving to play the shit stain of a race. Personally I'd like to see Ice Blocks cooldown increased, the silence either be removed or duration reduced on the ultimate and possibly the slow tweaked a bit. Also Fuck crackhouse, it's fun for about 3 rounds until people bring out all the cancer races and to counter it more cancer races are played; it becomes a cesspit of insults even worse than normal war3. Also we need both italy's so I can constantly nominate them back to back FeelsGoodMan

Would it be bad to disable knife races on pistol rounds. Pretty lame when you try to kill a nature wisp/zombie/ duelist etc , with glocks. I think it's too bad but it's pretty silly

Personal opinion on the slots piece would be to keep it as is. If we see population increase to steadily be hitting 20/20 and it being an issue, then we can reevaluate. I don't see any reason to drop tick in its current state and players get less performance.

As a person who played T Hardy for the event and have heard of its nerfs I can say during the event it was a balanced race and people didn't know how to react to it just like Second Wave but I was more than happy to tell people the  hard counters to T Hardy as a I learned them for that time period.

Subtract one vote to T-Hardy's Balanced option.

I have rarely played against it, but when I do, I don't mind it compared to the event version.

I like both the Italy maps, but if we remove one, make it the non-standard one.

The custom one, while fun in design, is brutal for CT's since both hosties are always in the house.

Remove crackhouse.

I'd rather shit gets fixed before we start trying to 'change the meta'. I mean, why go Valve on the thing, right?

The things I want removed from Khadgar, also are the things that really make Khadgar worth playing, unless you're a decent player of the game.

I agree with Smash that the CD for Ice Block should be increased. I voted for the slow because that thing is incredibly strong.

It's One-Twenty-Fake Tick though. Anyhow, I voted for it. I don't mind the 'low' player count.

I'm supporter already; I voted no change. Mainly 'cause I don't think people give credence to my thoughts.

Idrc either way. Why not go for it? It's discord. Do you need to remove channels or something?

Anyway, are you coming back, Face?

Don't get anyone's hopes up.

Edited by LunaBadger

Someone mentioned that the server is actually at 75 tick, and it sure feels like it w/ the amount of blood splatters/no registry at times. I don't know the merit of it but I think it was something with the choke at 75 or something.

Keep crack house, if people don't like it then they shouldn't vote for it. Easy. If possible I guess prevent it from being #1 on the list to avoid spam? Doubt its possible but that's a fair compromise.

Edited by B-cock #1
Formatting

Just now, B-cock #1 said:

Someone mentioned that the server is actually at 75 tick, and it sure feels like it w/ the amount of blood splatters/no registry at times. I don't know the merit of it but I think it was something with the choke at 75 or something.

55 minutes ago, LunaBadger said:

It's One-Twenty-Fake Tick though. Anyhow, I voted for it. I don't mind the 'low' player count.

68d88ed9d0.jpg

People confuse me.

Just now, Moose said:

68d88ed9d0.jpg

People confuse me.

Ye, I heard it mentioned a few times, just removed my launch options and saw the cmd: 75.0/s and up: 64.0/s. So it just seems like they didn't configure for 128 tick at all. Kinda dumb you have to manually configure it like that but that's just the way it is, so I guess we just disregard it. For anyone wondering, my launch settings.

-novid -freq 144 -refresh 144 -tickrate 128 -maxplayers_override 50 -nojoy -nod3d9ex1 +exec autoexec.cfg

Where is the option to delete all knife races.

Also molecule should be buffed back to its original SOURCE days.

Also 64 tick with SMAC so we can get 90% of the server banned for cheating ty.

Edited by Tristan.

21 minutes ago, B-cock #1 said:

Ye, I heard it mentioned a few times, just removed my launch options and saw the cmd: 75.0/s and up: 64.0/s. So it just seems like they didn't configure for 128 tick at all. Kinda dumb you have to manually configure it like that but that's just the way it is, so I guess we just disregard it. For anyone wondering, my launch settings.

-novid -freq 144 -refresh 144 -tickrate 128 -maxplayers_override 50 -nojoy -nod3d9ex1 +exec autoexec.cfg

I could technically force the min rate and max rate to both be 128, and this would fix it for them. However, I'm not a fan of forcing min rates on people since there are people who don't have great connections.

I think it's pretty easy to say without waiting any longer that the following will happen:

• Crackhouse will be removed. Maybe it'll come back occasionally or maybe I'll find a way to cycle it in random days or something.
  • We will see a lot of minor (some bigger) race buffs. Some of them will be for things that are viewed as weak or underplayed, while some will be mid-tier races. The overall goal here is not to get closer to "perfect balance" but to encourage different/non-stale gameplay. I'm sure a few of the changes will probably get reverted at some point. I also will be a little generous with a few knife races that have seemed underplayed or weak for a while now.
  • I intend to slightly reduce the duration of the Frost Nova ult (4s to 3s) and reduce the magic damage reduction on mage armor (90% to 80%). The idea here is that Frost is the most popular because of the ult, and hands down the most popular non-frost skill to combo with your 3 frost is mage armor. Hopefully these two changes will tone it down enough. I almost left Frost Nova at 4s and removed the silence, but I think it becomes too generic and uninteresting at that point. Hopefully losing 1s on it is enough to tone down it's popularity a little bit.
  • Tick rate / player count won't be changing
  • T Hardy won't be changing
  • Italy is tough. I personally dislike having 2 italys, but I don't want to make the decision to remove one entirely out of bias. I'm going to let this poll question ride out longer, and it may inevitably result in cycling the 2 maps between being individually available or both available.
  • I'd like to add a war3_supporter discord channel, it shouldn't be impossible to do since we already have the bot that assigns roles based on rank. I'll have to get the help of others, but it's something I think would be a neat benefit for supporters.

Feel free to post any other ideas or comment on the above points.

Also, without rereading posts someone commented on bugs needing to be fixed instead of making other changes. Please make sure you are posting any/all bugs to the war3 bug tracker on the forum. Some bugs are much harder to fix than minor changes like the above, so keep that in mind. I do intend to take a swing at fixing bugs in the next couple weeks - so get them posted before I get to that point.

Edited by Face

2 hours ago, Face said:

I think it's pretty easy to say without waiting any longer that the following will happen:

• Crackhouse will be removed. Maybe it'll come back occasionally or maybe I'll find a way to cycle it in random days or something.
  • We will see a lot of minor (some bigger) race buffs. Some of them will be for things that are viewed as weak or underplayed, while some will be mid-tier races. The overall goal here is not to get closer to "perfect balance" but to encourage different/non-stale gameplay. I'm sure a few of the changes will probably get reverted at some point. I also will be a little generous with a few knife races that have seemed underplayed or weak for a while now.
  • I intend to slightly reduce the duration of the Frost Nova ult (4s to 3s) and reduce the magic damage reduction on mage armor (90% to 80%). The idea here is that Frost is the most popular because of the ult, and hands down the most popular non-frost skill to combo with your 3 frost is mage armor. Hopefully these two changes will tone it down enough. I almost left Frost Nova at 4s and removed the silence, but I think it becomes too generic and uninteresting at that point. Hopefully losing 1s on it is enough to tone down it's popularity a little bit.
  • Tick rate / player count won't be changing
  • T Hardy won't be changing
  • Italy is tough. I personally dislike having 2 italys, but I don't want to make the decision to remove one entirely out of bias. I'm going to let this poll question ride out longer, and it may inevitably result in cycling the 2 maps between being individually available or both available.
  • I'd like to add a war3_supporter discord channel, it shouldn't be impossible to do since we already have the bot that assigns roles based on rank. I'll have to get the help of others, but it's something I think would be a neat benefit for supporters.

Feel free to post any other ideas or comment on the above points.

Also, without rereading posts someone commented on bugs needing to be fixed instead of making other changes. Please make sure you are posting any/all bugs to the war3 bug tracker on the forum. Some bugs are much harder to fix than minor changes like the above, so keep that in mind. I do intend to take a swing at fixing bugs in the next couple weeks - so get them posted before I get to that point.

Why do you hate me so Face

I definitely agree that the Ult duration could use a 1 second lowering, and the mage armor a slight decrease in effectiveness. Let's see how that plays out.

On 9/18/2017 at 8:05 PM, LunaBadger said:

I'd rather shit gets fixed before we start trying to 'change the meta'. I mean, why go Valve on the thing, right?

honestly, I want it to be balanced and not one race overall (kadgar) but I don't want it to be perfect like all races are GREAT. It makes it more fun to play underplayed races, or not as good races and kill cocky motherfuckers like Marzu with a bad race.... ALL IM SAYING.

ps. would have commented earlier but have been LOA for the past week :D 

Edited by -Sharp-

Underplayed stuff like Curse of the Pharaoh certainly needs a buff. It is one of those, level-up and leave races. Though a lot of knife races seem like they need (besides that one) a slight-debuff particularly human lawnmower and flame predator (I say as those are my most used knife races).

I have since changed my opinion of italy - since nearly 50% say keep both I think that is a large enough percentage to not warrant a change.

I've made changes to over 75 races that aren't live yet and even more will be changed - if you'd like insight into what will be changed please see this post: