Sign in to follow this  
Lv. 100 Crobat

Honest attempt to populate csgo servers

From my PoV, and I typed it in shoutbox aswell, most of the csgo community servers suffered a big loss of population, mostly non traditional cs servers. I truly believe PUBG killed most of the servers, not only sG, other communities suffered aswell, GFL, SG, and asian servers, i know because sometimes i hop on there. The last time i don't remember if it was the last year or 2015. A game killed our playerbase, then the game got boring and everyone returned.

Currently the servers generating money in sG are Gmod servers and WC3.

So, if you want to populate any server, my suggestion is be very dedicated with it, i can tell it from experience, a group of dedicated people who really wants a server back, should try and pop it daily from time to time, the server will increase it's playerbase and become popular once again.

Try to reduce the download times as much as you can. I've been on an asian server and it's download times are ridiculously long, because mostly of weebskins.

As I mentioned, servers didn't popped on summer because of PUBG, clearly, the game has gained a lot of popularity.

Post your insights here for suggestions that can be made in the future.

Edited by Lv. 100 Crobat

Just now, Lv. 100 Crobat said:

thanks for your insight man very useful SeemsGood

Thanks man I appreciate it's not like everyone has already made about 10 other posts saying the same thing and we respond with our ways on how to populate, but saying it is 1 thing actually doing it is another. I was on yesterday populating jb for a good hour we had 10 people on and guess what they were all people from other servers like war3 or mg that I asked to help pop, since I invited the people saying that want to pop but they never came but hey man you do you if we want to keep making these new posts about ideas that people won't commit t let's go right ahead.

Edited by tazmanianxdude

One thing is that PUBG will be alive for a long time, it's doing better than GTAV in sales and playerbase. If a new CS were to come out, that would be our revival.

Edited by FreeLancer

Just now, tazmanianxdude said:

@DMODW do your thing 

Just now, tazmanianxdude said:

Thanks man I appreciate it's not like everyone has already made about 10 other posts saying the same thing and we respond with our ways on how to populate, but saying it is 1 thing actually doing it is another. I was on yesterday populating jb for a good hour we had 10 people on and guess what they were all people from other servers like war3 or mg that I asked to help pop, since I invited the people saying that want to pop but they never came but hey man you do you if we want to keep making these new posts about ideas that people won't commit t let's go right ahead.

Most posts are people saying "why are servers are dead, pop servers". The posts with one sentence wont do anything, however posts with proper suggestions doesn't hurt even if it gets annoying "UGH ANOTHER POP THREAD, LIFE IS HARD. I AM NOT DOING ANYTHING FOR THE SERVERS BUT IT'S FUN TO BASH ON PEOPLE ACTUALLY TRYING". I am not saying you or anyone is doing this in that big of a scale, just trying to prove a point. If we knew how to help the servers we would have done it already, people that care about the servers are trying their best, stop bashing on the people trying and take that time to actually help out yourself. This isn't pointed at anyone, just in general to the people doing this.

I'm super critical of jb, I meme on jb alot.

"ay another jb thread, good read, same time next week"

no amount of pop jb threads will revive jb.

nobody wants to play jb anymore guys, and if it's true that pubg is the reason that csgo community servers are losing pop, we should have focus on pubg.

things come and go, time keeps moving, people change, we adapt.

alot of our members are already playing pubg religiously, use that to our advantage.

@Pike would you consider changing maxrounds to 6?

Also how about unmuting everyone one below 10 people?

I also think rewarding players with 5x credits for playing below 10 would be useful as well.

Edited by Travesty

18 hours ago, DMODW said:

I'm super critical of jb, I meme on jb alot.

"ay another jb thread, good read, same time next week"

no amount of pop jb threads will revive jb.

nobody wants to play jb anymore guys, and if it's true that pubg is the reason that csgo community servers are losing pop, we should have focus on pubg.

things come and go, time keeps moving, people change, we adapt.

alot of our members are already playing pubg religiously, use that to our advantage.

You're really dense, aren't ya? Every time one of these threads is posted, you come in with the same trash. You're not funny. None of your points are valid. Stick to your game and stop trying to shit on other servers. Learn a thing or two before posting, and start acting like an SO of our community. Your server isn't the only one that matters.

You say we should focus on pubg if that's what people are playing. Guess what, if you participated in some of the ongoing discussion instead of "being a memer" you would realize the same thing we've told many people. PUBG does not currently have a way to focus on it. Nor do many other newer games. Fewer and fewer games are providing opportunities for communities like ours. There's no privately hosted servers for us to take advantage of. We're open to suggestions, and we're not going to just stop focusing on what our community has been developed around.

Guess what guys, the one who posted this is one of the few people that successfully brought back a server. When Crobat dedicated himself to ZE, he (with the help of some others that wanted to see it come back) was able to repop it for a long time. Yes, our servers are at a low. That doesn't mean they can't be revived. Other servers have also took a hit, but they're not as low as ours. We've had good success the past couple weeks, even if it's only during the evenings, of populating servers. If we continue doing this we will get new players joining and coming back. Like Crobat said, we just have to actually be dedicated to it. His advice is sound, and he's done it before.

2 hours ago, Moose said:

You're really dense, aren't ya? Every time one of these threads is posted, you come in with the same trash. You're not funny. None of your points are valid. Stick to your game and stop trying to shit on other servers. Learn a thing or two before posting, and start acting like an SO of our community. Your server isn't the only one that matters.

You say we should focus on pubg if that's what people are playing. Guess what, if you participated in some of the ongoing discussion instead of "being a memer" you would realize the same thing we've told many people. PUBG does not currently have a way to focus on it. Nor do many other newer games. Fewer and fewer games are providing opportunities for communities like ours. There's no privately hosted servers for us to take advantage of. We're open to suggestions, and we're not going to just stop focusing on what our community has been developed around.

Guess what guys, the one who posted this is one of the few people that successfully brought back a server. When Crobat dedicated himself to ZE, he (with the help of some others that wanted to see it come back) was able to repop it for a long time. Yes, our servers are at a low. That doesn't mean they can't be revived. Other servers have also took a hit, but they're not as low as ours. We've had good success the past couple weeks, even if it's only during the evenings, of populating servers. If we continue doing this we will get new players joining and coming back. Like Crobat said, we just have to actually be dedicated to it. His advice is sound, and he's done it before.

And that kids, is how you get shit on