Sign in to follow this  
DerpyPwny

The War3 Guide Reborn

Hello everyone. As some may remember I asked about making a War3 guide on Steam a few months (?) earlier. I worked on it but scrapped the project due to struggles. Well I am back again and this time instead of using Steam's Guide, which is difficult to maneuver especially with the amount of content that War3 has, I am going to use Google Sheets which I should've from the beginning tbh. This time I hope to actually finish this task considering how easier it is to use Sheets. I might periodically drop in an updated link but for now this will be open for a while while I decide on what to tackle next.

Comment your suggestions on how to improve the guide and what I should add, either on the Sheets or on here! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g9pfLPgx3SLMIGAE5BIC6BYt1G22761mSCP7aehv83Q/edit?usp=sharing

My goal with this guide is to not only keep me focused but to also provide some help for new and experienced players alike. (derp)

*If someone can help with specific numbers please let me know! It will greatly expand the guide.

This would be really nice, but when a new player comes on, people do explain what to do and how to do it, we arn't that much of dicks.

and one of these days someones gotta make a google sheet of expertise... plz

This would be really nice, but when a new player comes on, people do explain what to do and how to do it, we arn't that much of dicks.

I will come out of retirement to change/remove them all

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, trigger.exe said:

Stop trying to make the google sheet of Expertises happen. It will never happen and if it does then you may as well kiss expertises goodbye.

5 minutes ago, Face said:

If people spent half as much time leveling races as they did worrying about expertise, they might have found the most OP expertise on War3... too bad it still sits patiently... waiting to be discovered.

• No Demon Hunter Expertise
  • No Golden Tail Expertise
  • No Holy Juggernaut Expertise

:kms: 

2 minutes ago, Swed said:

Lemme add Link to that list.  Still nothing at 250.

I wanna say that Thor has another expertise at 250 which extends taser range.  That would be fucking hilarious.  Seeing a shit load of people yell at me and trying to level their thor to 250.  There's a reason it took me a year and a half to get to 223. 

4 minutes ago, Swed said:

Just now, Bear-Man-Thing said:

Lemme add Link to that list.  Still nothing at 250.

I wanna say that Thor has another expertise at 250 which extends taser range.  That would be fucking hilarious.  Seeing a shit load of people yell at me and trying to level their thor to 250.  There's a reason it took me a year and a half to get to 223. 

When you're wrong on 2/4

I didn't expect this chain of comments but I'd like to add a link to another Sheets which is what I'm basing some stuff off of. I want this new guide to be more expansive as in include the actual numbers if possible. One way is for XP. I would like to see how the XP is awarded more in depth. This could apply interestingly such as "what's the most XP you can get?". However, besides having Face or someone as such tell me the numbers straight up, I don't know how I would figure this out. *winkwinknudgenudge*

Either way, thanks for showing interest guys. Here's the inspirational Sheets, based on Killing Floor 2 stats.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/edit#gid=2068776317

I didn't expect this chain of comments but I'd like to add a link to another Sheets which is what I'm basing some stuff off of. I want this new guide to be more expansive as in include the actual numbers if possible. One way is for XP. I would like to see how the XP is awarded more in depth. This could apply interestingly such as "what's the most XP you can get?". However, besides having Face or someone as such tell me the numbers straight up, I don't know how I would figure this out. *winkwinknudgenudge*

Either way, thanks for showing interest guys. Here's the inspirational Sheets, based on Killing Floor 2 stats.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/edit#gid=2068776317

I don't mind giving out XP formula / XP per kill formula / XP per level but I imagine Skitt/thorgot etc probably would. If they say yeah I'll give you what you want. Most of it isn't really difficult except the XP formula is something proprietary AFAIK

7 hours ago, Face said:

I don't mind giving out XP formula / XP per kill formula / XP per level but I imagine Skitt/thorgot etc probably would. If they say yeah I'll give you what you want. Most of it isn't really difficult except the XP formula is something proprietary AFAIK

If you can't that's fine, I can still incorporate basic stuff about XP that's easily accessible/testable (objective XP count?). I think it'd be interesting to know how much XP it is to each new level but if that's classified as well then so be it.

I have a new Sheets link. I basically duplicated the first version and made changes to the duplication. This way I can revert back easily. However this does mean for every update I will be posting another link. If this becomes troublesome, let me know and I'll come up with a different way. As a side note, every data so far has been based on the war3 pastebins which have last been updated in November of last year. So if there are any mistakes as to numbers, descriptions, etc., please let me know so I can fix it! Thanks everyone!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1llV3cC3BFfyEfxdDzbWhhHCj0oft-72Bx0opWAom8VU/edit?usp=sharing