Sign in to follow this  
Rust Update 5/4/17!!! Fucking Hype

No update video by FooRun as of yet, but here's a look at the devblog for this week: 

http://playrust.com/devblog-158/

Research Tables are back! For what? For turning scrap into components. You can get scrap from breaking barrels or looting boxes.

Scraps increase probability of success in creating components, so the more the better.

Most importantly as @Rootbeer predicted, the game changes today, in a major way. Directly from the devblog:

"Raid Towers

The first major change is that you can now place all building blocks of the twig building tier inside other player’s cupboard radius without being authorized. This obviously opens the door for raid towers, dramatically changing the building and raiding meta of the game."

and this: 

"Ladders

In addition to making raid towers first class citizens I’ve enabled ladder placement inside the cupboard radius. Ladders are supposed to be used as an alternative for boosting or be used in the construction of a raid tower. Ladders now have more forgiving placement rules, even allowing you to attach them to the edge of floors. They can also be climbed from both sides and be traversed around to switch sides. Climbing a building with ladders should involve some risk but also be a relatively cheap way to exploit weaknesses in a base design."

This doesn't mean your base is doomed, because now turrets can see and shoot through building blocks.

There's a lot more in today's update and I'll add on when I get off work, but these were the most game-changing updates we've seen in a very long time. 

N9ROTcF.gif

thanks @Avenger :)

Edited by Karma