Sign in to follow this  
Jodas

Traitor Traps (suggestions)

I started working on a new map for TTT:GO a few days ago. And I already have plans for more maps after that.

But I have run into trouble with Traitor traps. I cannot, for the love of god think of any Traitor traps anymore. Because of this I´d like to ask you guys for ideas. 

All you need to know for a Traitor Trap is that you need a button with which you can activate the trap. 

Some of the most classic traps are:

Radio bombs

Turtle bombs

Drowning traps

Room explosions

Gas chambers Kappa

Walls, roof, floor coming together to crush a person or maybe even a drop where the floor disappears.

Edited by FreeLancer

How does C4 work in TTT:GO? In GMOD, the higher the timer of the C4, the lower the chances of defusing it without a defuser.

For instance, on a 45 second timer, there's about a 50 percent chance of defusing, three wires out of the 6 will defuse. On a 10 minute timer, only one wire will work.

If that's the case in TTT:GO, we could implement a traitor trap where a long timed C4 spawns in a very obvious and open area. In my experience, some inno/detective will ALWAYS try to defuse a C4, even if it poses no harm. That way when a terrorist tries to defuse it, there's a high probability of it blowing up in an open and potentially crowded area. Even having the C4 there in the first place will alter the traffic of terrorists. I'm sure we'll find that even if the C4 is of no current threat, terrorists will still try to avoid the area, creating more opportunities for T's to pick them off.

Just an idea.

Edited by Sith
To make it fair, maybe we could require a T credit to operate the T trap?

Are you able to make it so that everyone in an area gets ragdolled, but doesn't die? 

I'd find it really entertaining to knock out an entire room then go in and finish them myself, or let them sit there until the end of the round.

Just now, Sith said:

How does C4 work in TTT:GO? In GMOD, the higher the timer of the C4, the lower the chances of defusing it without a defuser.

For instance, on a 45 second timer, there's about a 50 percent chance of defusing, three wires out of the 6 will defuse. On a 10 minute timer, only one wire will work.

If that's the case in TTT:GO, we could implement a traitor trap where a long timed C4 spawns in a very obvious and open area. In my experience, some inno/detective will ALWAYS try to defuse a C4, even if it poses no harm. That way when a terrorist tries to defuse it, there's a high probability of it blowing up in an open and potentially crowded area. Even having the C4 there in the first place will alter the traffic of terrorists. I'm sure we'll find that even if the C4 is of no current threat, terrorists will still try to avoid the area, creating more opportunities for T's to pick them off.

Just an idea.

We already have c4 in the traitor shop. :thinking:

Just now, Junzou said:

Are you able to make it so that everyone in an area gets ragdolled, but doesn't die? 

I'd find it really entertaining to knock out an entire room then go in and finish them myself, or let them sit there until the end of the round.

This sounds fucking amazing. I´ll see what I can do.

NVM

bfbaf2a4fc.png

Edited by Jodas

Just now, Jodas said:

This sounds fucking amazing. I´ll see what I can do.

NVM

bfbaf2a4fc.png

Glad I gave you a good idea, RIP that it crashes it though :C

How about on a tall map like the hotel, you make a trap that does a force push away from the center on all players in an area?  Could be a certain room where the wall disappears, or maybe all players on the roof or something.  Skilled players might be able to air strafe it, so it's a little more fun than just like an instant death/teleport trap.

Maybe a trap over a wide area that does something like bash+5HP damage every few seconds until they die would be fun too... would disorient innocents, make it easier for the T to kill them, give them an incentive to try and find the T before they hit 20 ticks of the poison so that they win the round.  You could do it on a random interval between 3 and 7 seconds, so they'll live another 1-2 minutes, and they won't get a feeling for when the next tick/bash would come to make it more disorienting.   Now that I'm thinking about it, that might be a more fun T weapon...  make it an AoE around the T, T's are immune, and make it so the effects are reversed if they use a health station from the detective.  You could also make it a one-use item on one player, but it can be transferred to other innos if "infected" players come within X radius of another inno.  Kind of like the Medic Kits in Team Fortress Classic  @bulletford

Maybe a little remote control drone that Ts drive and explode.  WASD to move, left click to rise, right click to fall, and disengaging the drone (using your use key) detonates it.  Players freak the fuck out and run when they see it.

Could make a very used hallway in your map have a false floor or something.  Some of the traps in like 67th way aren't that fun because no one goes down there... 

Orrrrr... what else.  This is fun.

Edited by Junzou

Just now, Jodas said:

We already have c4 in the traitor shop. :thinking:

It would be a stealthy C4, being spawned rather than being planted. Also, is there a way to make guns shoot involuntarily? 

Just now, Sith said:

Also, is there a way to make guns shoot involuntarily? 

Not to my knowledge. I could hide some guns though, that shoot you once you walk past a certain point or open a door. :P

Just now, Rune said:

Import temple FeelsAmazingMan

It keeps crashing the server. I made 9 different versions for it but I could never stop it from crashing FeelsBadMan

6 minutes ago, Jodas said:

Not to my knowledge. I could hide some guns though, that shoot you once you walk past a certain point or open a door. :P

Yeah, maybe hide a shotty behind a door or down a corridor so when its triggered by movement, bam thats an insta-kill.

My original thought was a device to make inno's guns shoot involuntarily, creating havoc. On second thought, people may think that persons RDMing... Maybe not a good idea?