Sign in to follow this  
Serif The Sheriff

Blademasters Ult

So last I knew Blademasters Ult dealt magic damage, and playing Angel of Light was a counter, or playing a race and buying Prismatic Signet was a counter because it would reduce the damage enough to survive the ult. Today playing Unholy Paladin with almost a full server, my 90% magic damage resist couldn't even begin to save me from a Blademaster ult. Did it's damage type get changed? Or did the recent change to the ult make it that much stronger?

It's still magic damage but the damage on it stacks up very quickly so you probably can't just tank the full duration. It hits 25 times I think so the last 5 hits would be ~115 or so damage alone. Assuming you stood in it the whole time and were near the blade master.

Well getting hit by the ult applies that little slow so unless you have a speed buff or something you are stuck in it the whole time, especially because you can't freeze or slow a Blademaster that is in it's ult. A buff that makes the ult kill people with anything short of complete magic damage immunity seems a little much

5 hours ago, Serif The Sheriff said:

Well getting hit by the ult applies that little slow so unless you have a speed buff or something you are stuck in it the whole time, especially because you can't freeze or slow a Blademaster that is in it's ult. A buff that makes the ult kill people with anything short of complete magic damage immunity seems a little much

Shooting a blade master will slow him due cs:go slowing you when shot. They're not immune to the slow because it isn't apart of w3. I'm not aware of a slow from being hit by the ult, but that may be due to rarely playing against it.

8 hours ago, Hamburglar said:

Shooting a blade master will slow him due cs:go slowing you when shot. They're not immune to the slow because it isn't apart of w3. I'm not aware of a slow from being hit by the ult, but that may be due to rarely playing against it.

The general slow you get from being shot, which as you say is part of cs:go, is not nearly enough slow to make a difference to the BM ult range. Considering that while you're being hit by said ult, you are receiving the exact same slow mentioned above... meaning neither of you are able to get any further away from each other. Unless you have a speed increase, or LJ, but again, this get's destroyed due to being hit by said ult.

The face that, as Face said, the last 5 shots alone are enough to do 115 damage, this race annihilates almost everyone hit by it unless you're already a fair distance away when you start shooting.

The only reason this hasn't been nerfed yet, is because not enough people play it to directly affect the statistics that Face uses to deem a race worthy of a nerf/buff.

@Face if nothing else, at least amend the damage done by the ultimate... no ultimate should be enough to kill somebody with one click.

I don't understand all the whining about nerfing races. All of you constantly complain about a race until it gets nerfed and then proceed to the next race to bitch about. Blademaster has been on the server for who knows how long and hasn't been touched, then all of a sudden, its a giant circlejerk to get it nerfed.

Edit: instead of nerfing races, we should just move onto the top10 players. 1% chance to evade marzu's bullets Kappa

Edited by zebra

10 hours ago, Rayne said:

The general slow you get from being shot, which as you say is part of cs:go, is not nearly enough slow to make a difference to the BM ult range. Considering that while you're being hit by said ult, you are receiving the exact same slow mentioned above... meaning neither of you are able to get any further away from each other. Unless you have a speed increase, or LJ, but again, this get's destroyed due to being hit by said ult.

The face that, as Face said, the last 5 shots alone are enough to do 115 damage, this race annihilates almost everyone hit by it unless you're already a fair distance away when you start shooting.

The only reason this hasn't been nerfed yet, is because not enough people play it to directly affect the statistics that Face uses to deem a race worthy of a nerf/buff.

@Face if nothing else, at least amend the damage done by the ultimate... no ultimate should be enough to kill somebody with one click.

The last 5 hits would only deal 115 damage if you stood in it the entire duration.

Edited by Face

Rare double post!

See the following chart, the black line is "old" and the orange lines are "new" damage. The lighter, faded orange is farther away from the blademaster (200 units or ~66% of the uts range) and the darker orange is the theoretical maximum (if you were standing literally inside of the blademaster's player model - it will never hit for this much damage).

What you will notice is that at 100 unit distance (which is pretty close), you have not surpassed the "old damage" until 13 hits. That means if you are close as fuck to the blademaster, it takes 13 hits before the damage is better than it used to be. At 200 units, if you stand in the ult the entire time you will only take 89 damage (nearly 50% less than the old ultimate damage).

This rewards players who are a) aware and keep their distance and/or b) aim well and slow the BM down with bullet-tagging CSGO mechanics

jfDrxCE.png\

edit: adjusted the dmg so it's linear after 10, apparently it hits 45 times and not 25 times like I had assumed (lol) so my calculations were BONKERS M8. I updated the numbers above to reflect the update.

In summary: nobody played blademaster seriously since it was nerfed 1.5 years ago (calling @HornyCat) so y'all need to deal with it. If the ult gets nerfed any more other shit will just get buffed then it'll be like every other flavorless knife race. At least right now it's different.

Edited by Face

On 11/29/2016 at 2:05 PM, zebra said:

I don't understand all the whining about nerfing races. All of you constantly complain about a race until it gets nerfed and then proceed to the next race to bitch about. Blademaster has been on the server for who knows how long and hasn't been touched, then all of a sudden, its a giant circlejerk to get it nerfed.

Edit: instead of nerfing races, we should just move onto the top10 players. 1% chance to evade marzu's bullets Kappa

First off, I am not one of those people who tries to get every race nerfed and am on a constant rampage to get more and more races nerfed. Secondly, Blademaster hasn't been talked about before because it was mostly fine the way it used to be, then it got nerfed which wasn't necessary and I had said it needed buffed on multiple occasions, then it got buffed and even though the ult buff was annoying I still left it alone. But after this most recent rework his ult absolutely pooped all over me on a race with Magic Resist which ended up being because Face hadn't taken the expertise into account. 

In summation this is not a post about a race nerfing spree or just blatantly complaining about races trying to get a nerf, this is a legitimate post about a legitimate balance issue on the server lol. Thank you Face for the fix