Sign in to follow this  
Neko

Maps and Supporters

Can there be a CD on the nominate time. Like half the time of the normal (recently played) because its quite annoying playing the same maps over and over.

Ex. We RTV'd off Crackhouse to Rats. Then, we RTV'd Rats because no one wanted to play that map, then went straight back to Crackhouse because a supporter nominated it while everyone was RTV'ing.

I am a supporter of War3 but not if we turn into a "War3! ONLY MAPS WE PLAY ARE Dolls/Crackhouse/Rats 24/7" server.

Thanks

-neko

51 minutes ago, Bear-Man-Thing said:

war3 is a 24/7 italy/crack server now

You aren't fooling anyone, you love it, zapzap.

Yeah playing the same 3 maps over and over gets annoying really fast, imo there should either be a cooldown on the supporter nominate or it should just get removed.

Everyone says this but the server is more popular than ever (compared to recent times).

Why vote for it if people don't wanna play it? I really think you guys are the vocal minority here.

I pay a lot of attention to the stats... but I mean hell, we almost always have 24+ players at peak times when just a month ago it was like 12-18 at peak times. Hard to argue with numbers.

I'm still watching to see if it becomes what I would consider a real problem.

Edited by Face

1 hour ago, Mark from Facebook said:

On Jailbreak this is implemented, I would suggest doing it to war3 aswell. 

War3 does have a nominate cooldown, but Supporter's(the new store rank) allows people to nominate any map at any time unless it's currently being played. This results in the more popular maps being played more, which IMO isn't a bad thing. The map can attract players or cause them to leave. For example, if we play Dolls/Speedcastle or a certain other select maps there is a decent amount of people that leave in the load screen.

I think it's too rare of occurrence to do anything about it now, it was pretty funny when it happened. Although, I will give you that it was a little annoying that we were rtving every one of those maps in under 5 rounds. At least wait to RTV until cash round!

/nominate cs_italy_tactik2

/suppcash 1

These are my commands every time plus I will never RTV to rats since that map is pure shit.

Edited by DarkFalcon

1 hour ago, Face said:

Sounds like the real problem is idiots and rtv'ing before cash round

Fixed it for you face (with b-cocks input) :D

it takes over half the people normally to vote for a map and to rtv, so obviously people want to go there.  I bitched about italy being played so much, but that stopped because the community stopped voting for it.