Sign in to follow this  
Smash

Dragon Knight

This has been a pretty hot topic of debate between numerous people since the buff for Dragon Knight was released. Personally I find it a bit too strong after the buff so I'm going to list off my opinions on it.

For the abilities I will be listing only the maxed numbers as the race doesn't reach it full potential until maxed.

Abilities:

Breathe Fire: An ability that sets those in front of you on fire and deals 4/s for 4 seconds. While in ult(Dragon Form) the range is greatly increased. 

Opinions: Don't really have an issue with this one myself.

Dragon Tail: Any nearby enemy that damages you may get hit by your tail, stunning them and dealing damage. While in ult the range greatly increases.

Opinion: I think this is one of the reasons that Dragon Knight is so strong, it has such great defense in almost every aspect. In this case, you have a chance to bash simply by being hit, and with your HP being capped at 145 and you hitting that 9 out of 10 times before you get into a firefight this can proc pretty often especially while in ult.

Dragon Blood: Gives HP/s and strengthens armor(I believe this is damage mitigation?)

Opinions: Another reason the race is too strong IMO, it heals up to max hp before getting into a fight, can easily survive any rifle headshot that doesn't crit or have a decent amount of extra damage and then can heal back up to 100 or even 145 before the next fight.

Dragon Form: Gives Poison/Splash Damage and Slow/attack speed slow for 10 seconds as well as the increased range for Breathe Fire and Dragon Tail.

Opinions: The race outside of ult is strong, but not OP, however in ult it feels almost unkillable. You can get bashed from quite far away, you can dink him and he will still live, you will be blinded by the fire and have the possibility of having your attack speed halted to a crawl and have a chance to be poisoned. The attack speed slow in and of itself is so detrimental that I feel like anytime it happens I immediately lose the fight as there's no way I can shoot him twice in the head before he can kill me. This, the bash and increased health together make it feel like a walking tank with a flamethrower.

What do I think needs to be done? Honestly, I'm not sure. Yes, I'm well aware of how dumb that is, but the whole reason the race became so strong is how well everything synergizes and I don't want to ruin the race or make it unplayable however I've been having a hard time deciding how I think it should be properly balanced. It might just need the numbers toned down honestly.

Now I'm going to address Wish's counter arguments up until now while we were discussing on the server.

"Just aim for the head"

You can say this about literally every race in the game, and that being said even if I hit someone playing dragon knight in the head once they will still be alive and kicking and I might get bashed after that.

"Every race has a counter, including this one" 

True, but I don't want to, nor should I have to switch to a race that directly counters another race because it's so strong that playing any other race just won't work, that's the definition of over powered.

I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts and ideas about possible changes or if you think it should be left as is.

On one hand, we have most of the regulars complaining about Dragon Knight, and on the other end is Wish saying how much it sucks because he doesn't want his new favorite race to get nerfed. It's the same situation when meown (or whatever his name was) was playing Impetus and triggered the entire server. The core issue with most people is the damage reduction and the health regen. It's like a psuedo-wizard in the aspect that it never dies, but it's not handicapped with a movement speed reduction.

Now that's not to say I want the race nerfed. I'm the kind of person where I think every race should just be buffed to match other OP races Kappa 

The hp regen and the damage reduction are what makes this race so strong. When i can shoot a dragon knight with an awp and he can just run away and come back in a couple seconds with enough health to tank another awp shot. I can't remember who was playing it, i know it wasn't wish, maybe leaf? but i ended up doing around 450 damage without killing them because they would just regen it all back and i cant run after them because the slow makes me into a turtle. Only other problem i have is the attack slow. When this happens you might as well start praying to gaben because you have one shot to kill them. literally. You shoot like 1 bullet per minute. Also, with wish's remarks on this race saying there is a lot of other races with damage reduction stronger than dragon knight, this is true but do those races slow you when shot, light you on fire, poison you, deal splash damage, and make you fire your gun as fast as ghoul can read? (<-- that means slow af btw) 

Sounds like you guys are getting memed on.

I'll pay attention but tbh the last few days I've seen plenty of dragon knights and I never had a problem with it.

I'm also shit which may play a big role in this.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

I usually just play counter races when someone abusing something or whoring it too much I mean I haven't found a race yet that does not have a counter play. If someone that is build to counter something else cannot and it is out of the hands of the players, is usually when I make my statements.