Sign in to follow this  
Bear-Man-Thing

Corrupted Disciple

After seeing people play it and hearing what they have said, it appears that Corrupted Disciple is OP as fuck with certain items.  I agree with Smash, which he said while on the server, that Corrupted Disciple shouldn't get defensive items due to being able to take 200+ damage and reflect a good portion of the damage back to the attacker as well as healing other teammates a ridiculous amount (I believe, I never checked that part).  Buying mask, chain, ring, and I guess even claws (due to no item restrictions) make it ridiculous.  Which other players would agree with.

A suggestion would be to restrict the types of items the race is able to buy; the big ones being mask, chain, ring, claws.

Another fix would be to restrict the race to one per team.  Due to the race's ability to deal 70 damage as well as the ultimate dealing 10 damage, two players sticking together can take down one, possibly two enemies within two seconds without shooting a bullet.  I feel that reducing the limit to one would keep the race strong, while restricting nuking an area of the enemy in two seconds.

Or, by scraping those other two suggestions, it would be possible to reduce the effectiveness of the race's skills while keeping the items buy-able and the limit to two.  This could potentially balance the race out while also buffing the race by buying items in the shop.  For example, lowering the ability to 50 damage, reducing the maximum damage lost by Corrupted Conduit to 3-7 damage, and perhaps reducing the chance to heal down to 33% chance would make it a little less OP.

Honestly just shouldn't be able to use shop items in the defense tab. Took 418 damage from marzu earlier before dying with a mask and chain xd

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

As Aero says, nobody has played the race and it has hardly changed in the last 2 years (I'm sure Name buffed it in his big buff/nerf fest). I seriously doubt I'm going to nerf this race.

THAT BEING SAID, this is high on my list of "races to recode for efficiency" list. I'll bump it towards the top, and when I'm in there (probably this weekend?) I will heavily consider the values of the skills to see if anything is wrong/flat out ridiculous or maybe there's a bug with the dmg reduc or something.

4 hours ago, Face said:

As Aero says, nobody has played the race and it has hardly changed in the last 2 years (I'm sure Name buffed it in his big buff/nerf fest). I seriously doubt I'm going to nerf this race.

THAT BEING SAID, this is high on my list of "races to recode for efficiency" list. I'll bump it towards the top, and when I'm in there (probably this weekend?) I will heavily consider the values of the skills to see if anything is wrong/flat out ridiculous or maybe there's a bug with the dmg reduc or something.

I appreciate the thought on it, Face.  And I do understand it is a well underplayed race.  Thanks, mang.