Sign in to follow this  
The Official Rust Suggestion Thread

14 hours ago, redlydead said:

ive been playing on the rust server and its been a bit hard for me to find animals making more animals spawn would be good

At least on this seed, I have found PLENTY of animals in the southern Desert. Check over there if you have trouble finding animals.

At least on this seed, I have found PLENTY of animals in the southern Desert. Check over there if you have trouble finding animals.

Is the southern part near the lighthouse area where Karma's base is? Because yeah I do tend to see a lot of animals there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have a suggestion! Maybe the day before wipe(or hours before wipe) we do what we did today where the server raids the biggest base and see how long they can survive. It was really fun (at first, but frustrating because I had boosted ass apes on my side) and I feel like a lot of people enjoyed it too! Maybe spawn in a couple rockets?? Good way to test base designs and to let veterans and newer plays have a role in either base defending or raiding (key aspects in rust)! I feel like an idea like this would go great.@Karma and @Zed mad because I hit nutty shots. Also, you two were my first AK47 kills after legit missing over a thousand AK bullets

1 hour ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

I have a suggestion! Maybe the day before wipe(or hours before wipe) we do what we did today where the server raids the biggest base and see how long they can survive. It was really fun (at first, but frustrating because I had boosted ass apes on my side) and I feel like a lot of people enjoyed it too! Maybe spawn in a couple rockets?? Good way to test base designs and to let veterans and newer plays have a role in either base defending or raiding (key aspects in rust)! I feel like an idea like this would go great.@Karma and @Zed mad because I hit nutty shots. Also, you two were my first AK47 kills after legit missing over a thousand AK bullets

Ha! Yeah it was fun. Zed and I died a lot, but in the end, we defended against all of you. Super proud :D

Ha! Yeah it was fun. Zed and I died a lot, but in the end, we defended against all of you. Super proud

But can we actually make it a thing though? I feel like it would give people to actually play right before the server wipes and gives a chance for players to work on PvP skills! Well I came in for round 2 and you didn't even notice I was camping in your furnace room the whole time lmao

10 hours ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

But can we actually make it a thing though? I feel like it would give people to actually play right before the server wipes and gives a chance for players to work on PvP skills! Well I came in for round 2 and you didn't even notice I was camping in your furnace room the whole time lmao

I don't see a problem with doing this, but not with spawned items. If everyone involved wants to pool their resources for one giant last day raid, that's all you need to recreate this scenario.

I don't see a problem with doing this, but not with spawned items. If everyone involved wants to pool their resources for one giant last day raid, that's all you need to recreate this scenario.

I feel like some sort of official announcement beforehand would help increase the population and after a while it wouldn't be needed as it'll become an sG thing

1 minute ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

I feel like some sort of official announcement beforehand would help increase the population and after a while it wouldn't be needed as it'll become an sG thing

Yeah, I agree, but this one was a bit impromptu. However, I was too drunk to remember to record/stream like I meant to. Next time I'll make a video and we can show people what we're talking about, in addition to announcements.

I should have streamed it. Was going to remind you but was too busy trying to get everyone to come to my raid base.... should probably make a poll what time people would like for this to happen on Wednesday

3 hours ago, Zip said:

Remove kill feed

Remove in game aids map

Remove interactive map 

Remove levels

Remove auto lights

remove gather rate.

there now we can finally be true vanilla!

On 2/14/2017 at 1:39 PM, Junzou said:

Holy shit I just read that this is on the server.  So many wasted resources due to misclicks.  Fml.

You have no idea.........trying to upgrade stuff and you randomly hit a wall and now it's ugly and the odd one out. FeelsBadMan

18 hours ago, TotesMagoats said:

You have no idea.........trying to upgrade stuff and you randomly hit a wall and now it's ugly and the odd one out. FeelsBadMan

think before you qlick

Personally I wish we would lessen the amount of resources gathered. I know we voted for how it is awhile back, but maybe a re-vote at some point? I think the constant multiplier on top of z-levels gives too much. I think a constant of 5x or 3x would be perfect. But maybe more people like it this way idk lol

Smaller maps will definitely be a plus for the number of players we have.

I also think we should figure out a way to market the server more but I'm not sure of how yet. I'd love if the server could consistently cap out.

Edited by York

I'm with you guys on that. I'll revisit a vote for gather this week, before we wipe. 

Also, I've been making the map smaller and smaller on the sly. We went from 4500 at one point, to 2750 annnnd shrinking. 

Also, we need more ideas on server publicity! Keep these ideas coming. 

Maybe invest in some form of advertising? or some sort of voting system where we vote for the server in websites that have like lists full of different kinds of servers (I think we did this before)?

Referral system in which someone refers someone else to server and they play for X amount of hours and they receive an in-game prize (not at beginning of wipe, but during it).

If players from other sG servers move over here and play the server for X amount of hours they get like some sort of incentive on their main server (for ex. Credits on Zombie mod/JB)