Sign in to follow this  
DerpyPwny

War3 Guide on Steam

War3 Steam Guide  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Make a guide about War3 on Steam?

• Yes
    • No

Feeling bored of gaming I feel like doing some documentation sorta thing so I decided to start with documenting War3 stuff. Things like races, skills, commands, numbers, etc. Do you guys think it'll be useful? Seeing as how much stuff can be looked at in War3, the guide will be long if I try to include every little detail so should I add everything I can or keep to the basics?

1 hour ago, DerpyPwny said:

Feeling bored of gaming I feel like doing some documentation sorta thing so I decided to start with documenting War3 stuff. Things like races, skills, commands, numbers, etc. Do you guys think it'll be useful? Seeing as how much stuff can be looked at in War3, the guide will be long if I try to include every little detail so should I add everything I can or keep to the basics?

i feel like a war3 wiki could be useful but also would ruin the need to play races to find their expertises.

This wouldn't necessarily be a Wiki since it'll be on Steam. The only problem that I can think of that will turn people off is that it may take a while to load the whole thing if I try to add mostly everything. And keeping in the "spirit" of War3, I won't include secrets such as expertise.

In the end, I am willing to spend hours on making the guide as professional and clean as possible. I will make sure it is complete. I can possibly add the numbers (like range of skills) if I have the help of an engineer - Face? Either way the guide will be complete to the point where a new player can understand every race, shop item, commands, etc.

As a relatively new war3 player, if I had a well documented, easy to read guide, that would be totally awesome! While the menu does have all the races and stats, it would be great to see like a giant spreadsheet (if you made the guide) of all the races and see what abilities the different races share and how effective each race is! I think that would be a totally awesome project!

10 hours ago, xmen said:

http://sgwar3.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicate_Gamers_Warcraft_Wiki

Who ever started and wanted to make this a thing failed :)

Define failed.

I started it, started programming and got ENG, and my interests shifted. I figured my time was better spent.

Don't forget I have all the race info in that one thread. I can update it at some point.

Also I'd be against expertise being put on a wiki.

16 hours ago, Face said:

Define failed.

I started it, started programming and got ENG, and my interests shifted. I figured my time was better spent.

Don't forget I have all the race info in that one thread. I can update it at some point.

Also I'd be against expertise being put on a wiki.

Failed as in it never got close to complete and ppl never really used it.. Then it just drifted away into the void cause no one manged it :D