Sign in to follow this  
The Impenetrable Wall

Orcish Horde Respawn / Chain Lightning

Is there any way you can put a cool down on the orcs chain lightning when they respawn because it gets really annoying when someone respawns and spams there chain lightning. For example a player who doesn't have their respawn set to go back to spawn can simply spam the shit out of their chain lightning right after you killed them and respawned. Its just really annoying to deal with. Just asking for maybe a 3 second delay.

Just a suggestion  x  D ;)

Edited by The Impenetrable Wall

I was under the impression that the cooldown continued after death (instead of resetting to 0) and that if you were dead long enough, that the cooldown would be reset (as if you had survived that time and the cooldown naturally ran out).

Turns out, this isn't how it works. You could theoretically chainlightning, die, respawn, chainlightning, die, repeat, etc.

This wasn't what I intended. Going to work on a fix. I do want cooldowns to run out while you are dead, and skills to be available on respawn. But the cooldown shouldn't be 0 just because you died.

7 minutes ago, Face said:

I was under the impression that the cooldown continued after death (instead of resetting to 0) and that if you were dead long enough, that the cooldown would be reset (as if you had survived that time and the cooldown naturally ran out).

Turns out, this isn't how it works. You could theoretically chainlightning, die, respawn, chainlightning, die, repeat, etc.

This wasn't what I intended. Going to work on a fix. I do want cooldowns to run out while you are dead, and skills to be available on respawn. But the cooldown shouldn't be 0 just because you died.

Let hope This gonna be good :D

Should be fixed now.

If you spawn in freeze time, you will always start with the "on spawn" cooldown (what we were traditionally used to, until I changed how it worked like 6 mo or a year ago).

If you spawn after the round starts, your cooldown will be the same as if you never died. If you never used your ult and it was off cooldown, it will still be off cooldown. If you just casted chain lightning before dying and respawning, it will still have a ~30 second cooldown or whatever it would be if you had just lived.

Hopefully this helps.