Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Oob

Khadgar Flamestrike Sucks (aoe)

Could khadgar's flamestrike ability get a little bit of love? The aoe on it sucks really badly :/.

AoE is so small that it can't really go through walls :/.

Edited by Mr_Oob

Iirc it cant go through walls. Also I've been over this, skills are intentionally better/worse on Khadgar. Flamestrike hits for like 50 damage I believe? Its situational.

6 hours ago, Face said:

Iirc it cant go through walls. Also I've been over this, skills are intentionally better/worse on Khadgar. Flamestrike hits for like 50 damage I believe? Its situational.

Interesting to know it can't go through walls (quite a lot of aoe around caster esk does so this is news to me).

Flamestrike - 50 damage over 5 seconds at max (small aoe around self).

Arcane Blast - 'Pulses' 8 times dealing 8 dmg each time (pulse a second ? and large aoe, can be used from long distance).

Just comparing these two feels like night and day :/.

I know comparing them alone is a little silly (because of the 2 passives + ability + ult setup / diversity of skill setups), but I still feel like the aoe of flamestrike just outright sucks.

5 hours ago, Mnkeydude said:

Many times I have been fucked over by it. As face said it is situational and can suck at times and be a great help others.

Two things make me a little skeptical of "many times"...

1. For the most part I believe flamestrike is used against knife races (enemies who will actually be in close quarters with you).

2. Most players I've seen playing Khadgar (even after the freeze ult nerf) are playing with the deep freeze / arcane blast because flamestrike is very situational.

1 hour ago, turbulance said:

Every race has some flaws and weakness's and some other races might do parts of your race better. The race is meant to have strengths and weaknesses like many others. Look at the race's kd and stats.

The two skills being compared are just even on the same race :|..

As stated above, its just too situational and the aoe sucks. Another skill on the same race does nearly the same thing (more damage overall even), but is a lot more usuable (can be used at distance and has a large aoe).

4 hours ago, Mr_Oob said:

Two things make me a little skeptical of "many times"...

1. For the most part I believe flamestrike is used against knife races (enemies who will actually be in close quarters with you).

2. Most players I've seen playing Khadgar (even after the freeze ult nerf) are playing with the deep freeze / arcane blast because flamestrike is very situational.

I ment that I use Kadghar and I am screwed because it hits when I don't need it to and doesn't when I need it to. Btw I'm a noob and Kadghar was my favorite Warcraft character. Hence why I play it.

It's okay if flamestrike is worse than arcane blast.... Ive already said this like 5x.

You also neglect to mention that

A) if hit by flamestrike you take the full 50damage. People rarely take more than 32 or 40 from arcane blast

B) Arcane blast radius is 25% smaller than flamestrike

C) Flamestrike basically blinds enemies for 5s