Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

Some ideas for War3

Alright so I wanted to throw some ideas around and I know a few SO and ENG opinions on a few things so I will try and keep that in mind.

Besides the fact that a lot of Syndicate Gamers talk shit about Carbon Era Gamers and the serves and the back and forth about which one is better and blah blah race this race that. Generally I always defend both because I like both servers for different reasons. I honestly think both servers could learn a few things from each other. When JT and Hell(RIP) came up with their donor system, level purchasing, and race buying I always kinda expected sG to follow suit and well they did..kinda..Yiyas and Centran if I remember correctly did make some community races and allowed some players to buy some races/privileges if you guys remember that stuff. sG could use some money to help pay for some things and improve upon what they have and I swear to god finally putting a shop for War3 would be a way to make some of that money AND attract players back to the server. I know several players who stopped playing purely because of server stability and lack of population. 

My list of ideas are from what JT is doing but something more tame and to ease the "fuck buying levels" attitude some people have. I think having a war3 cashshop from the website like sG does for the other servers would be a huge step in the right direction as far as stream lining and making everything less annoying for Face. Let players buy month long exp boosters like x amount of money gives you a x% exp increase for 30 days and how much you pay in money increases your exp gains. Make purchasable skins players can use in the server, go back to the VIP races people can pay monthly fees to access, reserved slots, bonus round income or on kill, Purchasable race access, Bonus ROTD experince, race creations, and not much more is left because well you can only do so much to improve quality of life on a server without ruining too much balance of HAVE and HAVE NOTS. I know some of you foam at the mouth when people mention CEG but always replying with "that's them and this is us" is why our servers suffer quality of life issues and population decrease. If you want population and growth you need a reason for players to come to your server and currently right now there is no reason other then some face's races ( say that three times fast ) and friends. 

Bottom line sG could use some extra funds and War3 could use some quality of life upgrades and some form of a cashshop to get players interested and spending money. Yes I know this would probly make Driz's life and Face life miserable for a minute along with a few others but the end result would be so worth it.

Another good idea would be to add chat messages similar to the ones that say 'add this server to your favorites.."  that add info about certain items such as buying tomes and buying a wish and what each of those items do. Would make being a new player easier to start out and not feel like a total noob. Of course people will tell players about these items but only so many people will do that and this just automates the process.   Also the only thing I have against paying for levels and such is the server turning into a pay to win sort of thing. Where users who buy levels will have a significant  advantage over people who didn't.

Cman did you know a player gained 8000+ levels in one month in our server using 1 race and killing himself over 1000 times. Getting levels doesnt make you a better player or give you a edge of skill. But yes you and others share that opinion I know.

I think that this would be a great idea. I know a lot of people who would just like the boost to be able to play more advanced/fun races.

we do not have money issues. 

edit: This isn't to say I'm opposed to adding some kind of cash shop. However, the features we come up with are released to you guys for free. Purchasing and using skins on our war3 server will never be a thing. 

Edited by skitt

2 hours ago, turbulance said:

I know several players who stopped playing purely because of server stability and lack of population.             

I think there is a misconception here that money is the problem for server stability. Money is not the problem. It is the number and complexity of plugins. More money can't do a whole lot for us in terms of having less lag.

We have talked about adding money items quite a bit, and some of the ideas are quite good I think (but they are mine so hey, I'm biased). The money wouldn't be "because war3 needs it", but "because it can help sG".

That said, anything that is inherently exclusive or has a substantial level/xp effect is too "pay 2 win" for our server. Being 99.999% free is one of the ways we separate ourselves from CE and others. It is not to say we are better or worse, we are just a different server with a different style. Adding a cash shop puts us unnecessarily directly in competition with CE Gamers (more so than we are already) and it isn't really necessary. By providing little to no individual benefit in exchange for a credit card number, people who don't want to or can't afford to spend money feel like they are on equal footing and the game is more fair for them. That's one of our "selling points" as a server IMO and it isn't really negotiable right now.

As always I appreciate well thought out ideas. I'd give more info on my ideas of what should (or will ultimately) be in a cash shop, but I'd rather not spoil the fun if we can ever get some things done so it is a possibility.

Hey hey Face I never said war3 needs da money..I mean paying or ENG would be awesome I bet even Yiyas would crawl back out of the woods to code again. I just said War3 could use some quality of life upgrades. I know sG has always been about free but don't forget there are alot of things players wouldn't mind doing or paying for just on the easy idea of "this is how I donate" to the server give and get. Either way I still feel a cashshop would be nice whether we go all out or small simple stuff.

Id rather not lock anything behind a paywall  and i completely dislike the idea of buying levels. If the idea is to get people something else to do / want to be on the server / rewards etc - one thing that i suggest is we put a "Point shop" in wc3. I'll do a quick explanation of what i mean and how it would work.

You get points depending  on how long you are on the server. (Mabye bonus points for winning mvp/etc)

With the points you save up and can use to access the shop. In the shop there will be items, examples of such being :

Gain 10% more exp for X time

Shopmenu items are 10% cheaper for X time

Rotd race gains an extra 25% bonus exp for X time

Change Rotd race

These are just some examples, but what this does is make people want to stay on the server to gain a bonus from it later. Giving them incentive to play as a bonus. Cashing in there "points" for little bonuses that have no impact on the actual game itself.

Whats good about this is you get some bonuses that everyone can get, just by playing on the server you get something to work forward too.

Now if you -REALY- wanted to have a money value here, you can have a "buy X points" from point store but id rather we not.

Edited by ATG_AGENT

I wouldn't be adding anything that translates from cash to significant individual bonus. If there was any individual bonus it would be very minor to the point that it isn't even a selling point. Don't worry about p2w...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Swed said:

I'll program your races for cash, no guarantee it makes it onto the server tho.

I can guarantee they won't if that's the case :P

4 minutes ago, zebra said:

no cashshop pls, literally worse than cancer

remove 16K cap from bets, rogshitter is gone

Pls don't... Zebra is still here...

9 hours ago, xmen said:

Pls don't... Zebra is still here...

implement a max ping threshold to stop xmen from teleporting all over the place